Why do eyes have to fail in the 40s?...

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
Okay, I have conceded defeat: I bought reading glasses. But I held out until 46. That's pretty good compared to most of my friends. A lot of them had glasses by 42.

I've never had to wear glasses, and I think that makes it feel worse to me. Does that make any sense?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
You're tallking about needing reading glasses and becoming more far-sighted?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
aliinnc said:
Okay, I have conceded defeat: I bought reading glasses. But I held out until 46. That's pretty good compared to most of my friends. A lot of them had glasses by 42.

I've never had to wear glasses, and I think that makes it feel worse to me. Does that make any sense?
Yes, that makes sense. I'm slightly near sighted and have had glasses for several years but don't need them often. However, recently I've felt the need to use them more and they're not helping. :( Time to get my eyes checked again, but this time I think they're is more going on, due to my age (44).

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I will NOT admit to anything and you can NOT make me! *running out of post*

by the way...I'm not 40 yet :)......close....very very close. I'll be driving and dying soon enough.

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
40s???!!!!

I've been wearing glasses since I was six, I think lol. I was pretty young. I'm 22 now and stick with my contacts. I have horrible eyesight! Not as bad as my dh's family where they have a family genetic problem where people can go blind from some disease.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I'm legally blind which means it is illegal for me to operate a motor vehicle without corrective lenses so I can't relate. I guess I'm going to have to associate getting old another way.

aliinnc

PF Fanatic
Jan 10, 2008
Raleigh NC
You're right One Day, it is presbyopia. I feel like a cartoon character when I have to hold the book with my arm stretched out a little.

I didn't go to the doctor; I just bought the drugstore reading glasses.