Why do we put our kids (soldiers) position to suffer so much?...

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
This story was really sad to me. In many ways. This 22-year-old man lost his battle, but I think the part of the story that stung the most for me was when they mentioned that he was crying one day, because he thought no woman could ever love him again. That's heartbreaking to feel that way. I am not saying partners are the key to happiness, but to feel as though you don't have the option is sad.

And there are so many of these young men coming home with similar problems. It's got to be terribly difficult.
'Miracle' Marine refused to surrender will to live - Yahoo! News

Isn't there a better way to deal with conflicts than killing, maiming and destroying? Nobody should have to endure what this young man and his family has experienced. Far, far too many are. I will never, ever be OK with that.

I had one of those I support the troops, I support the vets, I do not support the war magnets on my car and somebody stole it. Big jerk. I hope they atleast put it on their own car, rather than throwing it away or something.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
budnkota said:
Isn't there a better way to deal with conflicts than killing, maiming and destroying? Nobody should have to endure what this young man and his family has experienced. Far, far too many are. I will never, ever be OK with that.
I think there are such things as just wars in which there is moral and legal foundation for armed conflict. I'm not going to touch whether I think this war is just or not - this isn't the debate subforum and it's not a topic I want to get into.

But I did hear about this man's struggle before. I was so amazed at all he had been through and the grace with which he faced it. Then to learn that he died after a relatively minor surgery...it's just horribly sad. I can't imagine how his family must have felt, but I do hope they also feel proud to have raise such a person of strong character.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I also will not get in the war deabte aspect of it as I get very emotional about it. Never debate emotions its bad!! lol

I do understand this war though and how it has left people. I hope that someday it will be over and they can all heal properly. God Bless them all.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
War and Violence is never the answer. But as humans will always resort to war and violence to get a point across, then there isn't much we can do about it. 9/11 happened and it shook the world, and then we turned around and invaded.............This topic will just blow up in our faces if we keep at it....

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
What an honorable man. It's so sad that he passed from a minor surgery. He really fought to live.

You should watch the movie called In the Valley Of Elah.