Why flash mobs bring me to tears....

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
A friend of mine, a survivor of leukemia, just posted a link on facebook to a flash mob organized by 1millionamazingwomen in Toronto.

Every time I see a flash mob I am brought to tears. In my job, I often feel despair. I see young people filled with enough anger and hate to last a thousand lifetimes. But flash mobs give me hope. The fact that so many people would organize themselves to do something for no other reason than to entertain and be entertained or, as in this case, to memorialize others amazes me. It's like a random act of kindness. It makes me inexplicably proud that I live in a time when this sort of thing came about.

Have any of you ever been involved in a flash mob? This one even had children. And that last scene, before the mob dispersed, there was one sign, MOM, that had me gushing with tears.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I haven't been involved in one but I LOVE them!

I would love to witness one for real, the idea of it is just awesome to me.

sottilare

Jul 24, 2011
Atlanta, GA
^^^
I love that idea!

I like flash mobs too... humans are a strange and wonderful bunch. We do random and weird things. But it all makes sense because it brings us pleasure and entertainment... :)

smiller

Jul 28, 2011
Oooh! I just love flash mobs! They really are amazing! I would love to be involved in one.

My favorite was that one I saw in YouTube where it was actually a really big production where a guy proposed to his girlfriend and immediately married her on the spot.

Of course. Hundreds if not thousands of people were involved! That was just awesome.

Spark

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
if you like flash mobs, you should google improv everywhere. they've done a ton---some with large groups and some that are smaller. they even do impromptu musicals (my favorite is one they do in a mall food court.)

Minny

Aug 4, 2011
Great idea. Flash mob can be so moving yet entertaining at the same time.

krissyjo

Aug 16, 2011
Brentwood, TN
I've always wanted to be a part of one, but seem to miss out when they happen around here. I should just figure out how to organize one lol

jessicams

PF Enthusiast
Aug 10, 2011
There was a flash mob near me of pregnant women for March of Dimes. I had just had my girls otherwise I would have tried to get in on it. I bawled like a baby when I saw it.

lodestone123

PF Regular
Aug 16, 2011
Australia
We have just done one for a conference to show how people can connect. I saw the Oprah one (with the Black Eyed Peas - fantastic) and it was really special. It made me feel fantastic and I have played it over and over.
The people involved had such a great time! What a great idea - whoever thought it up.