Why Vaccines Aren't Safe. AWESOME MOVIE! MUST see!...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
What about something like polio?...The disease has been eradicatd in most of the world entirely because of the vaccine.
That is exactly what we all have been taught to believe, haven't we. But if you just dig deeper, you will see that this is FAR from being the case.</SIZE>[/COLOR][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
what she is saying preschool , is stidy after study has shown that plio (and others) were on a huge decline LONG before the vaccine was introduced.

And as a vaccinating mothere here (though seletive and delayed) if Polio IS in fact almost eradicated around the world, then why continue to inject the kids with the vaccine against it. They are just as likely if not more likly to get small pox, but we don't do that do we? (though military does)

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
Kaytee said:
what she is saying preschool , is stidy after study has shown that plio (and others) were on a huge decline LONG before the vaccine was introduced.

And as a vaccinating mothere here (though seletive and delayed) if Polio IS in fact almost eradicated around the world, then why continue to inject the kids with the vaccine against it. They are just as likely if not more likly to get small pox, but we don't do that do we? (though military does)
They're only vaccinating in parts of the world where it hasn't been eradicated because there are still kids in the population who've missed out on their shots. The parts that are polio free because of the vaccines you won't find them vaccinating the kids anymore.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Is polio still a disease seen in the United States?

The last cases of naturally occurring paralytic polio in the United States were in 1979, when an outbreak occurred among the Amish in several Midwestern states. From 1980 through 1999, there were 152 confirmed cases of paralytic polio cases reported. Of the 152 cases, eight cases were acquired outside the United States and imported. The last imported case caused by wild poliovirus into the United States was reported in 1993. The remaining 144 cases were vaccine-associated paralytic polio (VAPP) caused by live oral polio vaccine (OPV).

from the CDC themselves....so again why do we still vaccinate kids, when the last reported cases were from the vaccine itself (the one no longer used that is)

ntbuddy

PF Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008
Michigan City, Indiana
I think we still erradicate "just because" (another thread). :)

I think it's more pre-emptive until there's no longer a possibility of a threat. I would say Dr's are either (1) siding on the side of caution or (2) trying to increase their profits as they typically don't make that much money. lol

Being it sounds as if there hasn't been a case since 1979 I would say that it may not be needed here but still should be an option that parents can choose to take. I know I would still choose the side of caution and vacinate our children whether that's due to the way I was brought up or other. I still feel that being pre-emptive is better than the alternate.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I think it all boils down to is we do not know what other countries have stored. There are places that have virus' stored. If there was a terrorist threat and they tried to use the scare of spreading some long gone plaque then we are protected.
There was a threat not to long ago about something that was stolen from a hidden lab that they thought might have gotten out into the public. I'd rather be vacinated.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
fallon said:
Yulia...Lissa has made it pretty clear that the health of her child is very important to her. She has also choosen to not give some vaxs...maybe you should spend a few hours doing some research around her before you judge
Perfectly said Fallon....Good rep for that.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
11 Deaths, 28 Miscarriages, 3461 Adverse Reactions: HPV Vaccine’s Dark Side</SIZE>[/FONT]

http://www.betterhealthnews.com/2008/01/29/hpv-vaccines-dark-side/[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
There is one thing to keep in mind for all you people that don't vaccinate: If everyone else stopped vaccinating, what would you do? What would you do, knowing that there would be a HUGE risk of your child contracting a seriously painful and deadly disease? Would you not be the first one breaking down the door of the clinic to get your child vaccinated?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
most of the things we vax againsnt today aren't huge painful diseases...chickenpox, flu, whooping cough, rotavirus

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Rotavirus almost killed my son. There is a vax for that? My children are all vax'd and they had it several times.......maybe we don't vax for that?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="SpitNCobra13;26312"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
SpitNCobra13 said:
&lt;/s&gt;There is one thing to keep in mind for all you people that don't vaccinate: If everyone else stopped vaccinating, what would you do? What would you do, knowing that there would be a HUGE risk of your child contracting a seriously painful and deadly disease? Would you not be the first one breaking down the door of the clinic to get your child vaccinated?&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; of diseases we have NO vaccines for. THERE IS NO WAY vaccines can take credit for it…&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
Rotavirus almost killed my son. There is a vax for that? My children are all vax'd and they had it several times.......maybe we don't vax for that?
rotavirus can be serious but so can a lot of things...90% of children under 5 will get rotavirus...which is basically diarehha...yet we vax for it. If you don't mind me asking how did he almost die from it? was it dehydration or something like that?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
most of the things we vax againsnt today aren't huge painful diseases...chickenpox, flu, whooping cough, rotavirus
So true![/COLOR]
what about measles, mumps and rubella that were always considered MILD childhood diseases with some great benefits to the body from overcoming them... [/COLOR]

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
How old was your son?</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
In most cases diseases can be dangerous only to a tiny baby, who can't have all sets of shots by this age anyway. Or immuno-compromised kids (which is a contradiction to vaccines)</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
As for the rotavirus vaccine, it was pulled out of the market after just six months because it caused huge amount of serious side affect that required an immediate surgery. Nice.[/SIZE]</SIZE> [/FONT][/COLOR]
[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR][/COLOR]

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
How old was your son?</SIZE>[/COLOR][/COLOR]
In most cases diseases can be dangerous only to a tiny baby, who can't have all sets of shots by this age anyway. Or immuno-compromised kids (which is a contradiction to vaccines)</SIZE>[/COLOR][/COLOR]
As for the rotavirus vaccine, it was pulled out of the market after just six months because it caused huge amount of serious side affect that required an immediate surgery. Nice.[/SIZE]</SIZE> [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR][/COLOR][/quote]
that's true...it was causing the babies intestines to wrap around themselves if I remember this right

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My son was almost a year old and had his vax. It just came out both ends so fast that I could not keep fluids in him so yes he was getting dehydrated pretty fast. It was horrible.
I don't think they gave them the rota virus vax, I'm pretty cautious of what they put in my kids and I would have remembered that one. Unless it has another name.
They catch the rota virus here and there, our dr's said you usually only catch it once..........uhhhh that was bs. I knew by the smell.