Wont sleep in the crib!...

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
My sweet little Kaitlyn just LOVES to sleep in our bed. I don't think we've had one night without ending up in bed. She sleeps though the night, just wakes up to cry and then wants to be in bed with us. She doesn't even have to cuddle...just wants to be near. It's cute, but sometimes it's just like "Hmmm...child...may I have your father to myself?" Anyone else going though that?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I went through that with Delaney. Eventually she got to the point where she now falls asleep in our bed, then stays in her bed by herself when I move her there. But, it takes time and consistancy. No consistancy equals no behavior.

sahm629

PF Regular
May 17, 2008
I wish I had some advice but my little one has only slept in our bed where we're out of town. Could you maybe move the crib in your room for a little bit and see if that helps maybe? I could get completely wrong though...maybe someone else will have some advice!

AnKsMommy

PF Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
Japan
She used to sleep in our room, but then we moved her out in to her own bedroom whenever she didn't fit in the bassinet. I don't mind sometimes, but it's just sooo hard whenever I get her down and she cries. And she doesn't cry for a little bit, she cries like someone is hurting her. Alenya was easier, she would whimper a little bit and then lay down and go to sleep. I wish I had started that sooner with Kaitlyn, but oh well...live and learn.

N8Dawg

Feb 18, 2008
We had the same issue, sometimes you got to let them cry. If you put them in your bed all the time this can become an issue in the future.

JMB0613

Jul 23, 2008
the longer she sleeps in your bed, the harder it will be. My daughter is 2 and she is now sleeping in her own bed again. I was doing it wrong all along, and always giving in to her. the first week was hell, not bringing her into my bed when she woke up crying at crazy hours. Not giving in was the key, one to two weeks later she now sleeps in her own bed through the night. You have to be consistent for it to work.