Working from home...

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
The Mrs. used to have a 'handy man' business from home with her X and was able to spend the first couple years of her daughter's life at home which is great.

I'd love nothing more than to do away with the one hour commute each day, inconsistant bosses, and dramatic co-workers.

We have been trying really hard to think of a way to work form home, and are having troubles. I know most everyone would do it if it was easy, and we are both willing to put a lot work into it. We just can't figure out what 'it' might be.

I'm an experienced manager, and am pretty good at sales/clerical work/data entry along with other skills along those lines.

She is an experienced controller of a mid sized business. She has great ogranizational skills, is good at budgeting, and is pretty creative as well.

We just can't think of any marketable skills that we have.

I know 1dayatatime works from home. What do you guys do?

Does anyone else work from home or done so in the past. How are you doing, how it is /did it go?

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I could work from home because 80% of what I do can be done anywhere I have an Internet connection. The other 20% is strictly meetings, and boy the Evil Empire loves to have meetings.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Because of my professional experience, I am fully confident that I could make an e-tail type company work, but my problem is trying to find the right product to market.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I work in the main office building most of the time, but I do have access to work from home. It is nice because I can work from home if my dd is sick, or if we are having the guy come fix the washing machine, or if I have a doc appointment or something. Also whenever we have more babies I will be working from home 3 days a week which will allow me to work AND stay at home. I would work from home every day but we have a lot of meetings and stuff.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
My husband does a lot of his work from home, over the net. He's a Ph.D. in Microbiology and works for a university Genetics department on an online database of the enterobactericae genomes (so all the genes of bugs such as E.coli, salmonella, shigella, the plague, etc). He started out with all his time in the office and slowly switched over to home-based work after his employer got to know him better.