Young adults with little interest in opposite sex....

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Why do you want to test your 6 year old? I mean, is there any reasoning leading you to believe that he could be gay? I'm confused. Homosexuality is not some genetic disease that can be passed down from father to son... :/ So what makes you want to test him?

Anyway I had to google the name of this test and that is just too funny. I'm 99.99% sure that it is just a joke or at worst a scam. Its funny though. You can't buy it anywhere though. It says it "comes out" (I know how pun-like is that) this June or July or something.

At (very very small) risk of advertising a product, I HAVE to post the links to this lol.

Certinex Sexuality Test | Stop Wondering. Start Living.

OMG the video is so hilarious:

YouTube - Certinex's Channel

It says the you swab it in your spit and then the result window either turns blue for heterosexual, pink for homosexual or purple for bisexual LOLOLOL.

That's awesome. I hope it is real. I wanna buy one for DH just to mess with him. (but really though, its not real, hello it would be all over the news)

Oh btw monamona I found this exact post on a gay teen forum which was kinda goofy:

Gay Teen Forum • View topic - should i test my 6 year old son?

I'm pretty sure you got all the answers you need there.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Not only that but you mention that you wrote to the company - sorry but there is NO contact information on that bogus website. Or anywhere else on the web for that matter. Not a single address, phone number, nothing. Who did you write to exactly?? lol

monamona

May 2, 2011
Thanks Xero

yes I posted my question there as well but the answers were too rude so I thought this might be a calmer environment to ask the question.

As far as I understand then dna evidence has been used for some time in courts etc to determine whether or not someone is gay.

I understand that this is not a genetic disease - like I explained earlier I just think it would lessen dramas and depression what so many gay teens have to go through until they accept who they are. I wouldn't want to change who he is, just guide him according to where he is coming from.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
OK, well, my first thought is that a spit test to test if you're gay is certainly a bunch of BS....I don't buy that for a second.

But.... I'll play along....

So, let's say you get the test and it says that your 6 year old is gay...so, you raise your son all his life, pushing him to be gay. And it turns out that the test was wrong....then what??? You've pretty much screwed up your kid... inadvertently forcing him to be gay when he's not. The kid would be so darn confused that he wouldn't know which way was up anymore...would you really want to take that chance?

How about just letting your kid grow up as a normal kid and don't interfere with nature...he'll figure out if he likes boys or girls (or both) on his own.

monamona

May 2, 2011
Thanks Dadu

that's my point - if you're born to be gay, bi or straight then it can't be pushing him incorrectly to be one or the other if you know who he is, right?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
The point is that not you or any test should determine who he is. HE should determine who he is, through his own personality, thought process, and life experience. A lot of the people on that forum gave you similar answers, and good answers, which you completely ignored and refused to address. Nobody did say or will say (no matter where you post this question) "Yes test him, because a gay child should be raised GAY and a straight child should be raised STRAIGHT". The point is that it doesn't matter what sexuality he ends up being, if he has a good relationship with you and is comfortable sharing things with you, you will know one way or the other eventually. And any drama or depression that gay teens are going through or have gone through is like 90% due to their parents not accepting it or not being close enough or open enough with them to share it in the first place. The rest of it is the problems they get from their peers and the social world and that is nothing that you can possibly prevent from happening if he turned out gay. Actually, you'll make it much much worse because you'll be sending your 6 year old to school telling his friends that he's gay. :/

I know that they can use forensics to potentially determine someone's sexual orientations or behaviors (and that's only a possibility when they find things like that, really it all depends on the person, they can only find reasons for tendencies not official answers) but they would never make that kind of questionable testing available to the public. I'm not trying to be mean, but I really hope you are not gullible enough to believe that this website is serious. Anyone with a bit of common sense would know that if this test was for real it would be blowing up the news like you've never seen. If I see this extremely humerous and insanely controversial test hit the shelves in July I will be more than glad to stick my foot in my mouth and apologize. But I don't buy it, and neither should you.

You avoid ALL of the important questions we're asking you (and the ones the people on the other forum asked you) like what leads you to believe you should test him? What if the test was wrong? Why do you believe the test is real? What are you going to do if the test says he is gay? Or bisexual? I mean what ways will that affect your parenting towards him? Etc?

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Dagwood said:
I guess my concern is about balance more than just not dating. As I mentioned in another thread, he spends a great deal of time computer-gaming. He's a WW2 buff and is into war games, computers and old cars. Very little interest in physical activity, enjoying the outdoors or social events. Most of his friends seem the same way.
So your son is probably a bit of a geek. Hey, nothing wrong with that! I say as long as he is happy, let him be. There is no point in forcing every teenage boy into the same mould. Just be happy that his chose lifestyle is much less likely to lead him into trouble than the drinking, partying and chasing after girls lifestyle of the average teenage.

Anyway, if he prefers computers over girls, he's in good company. LOL. Think Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Mark Zuckerberg... :p:D

Wilburn

Banned
Jul 14, 2011
USA
You must be thankful that he is not like other boys and do concentrate on the goods which should be liked or which should be your future goal to achieve.Some boys are not usually romantic like others.It is not a matter of worry.

Baltimore personal trainer

Last edited:

ResponsibleDad

Jul 24, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
When I read about your son's issue, it reminds me of how I was when I was his age. Many people feel that way and it doesn't have to be a bad thing, even if it may not seem "natural". Being in love will solve many things for your son, just like it was for me and the mother of my son (27), and that is something that will just come naturally - there is little you can do. Who knows, someday he might meet the love of his love?
Just to be sure:http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4e2c1041a34eb0e48ab94f91[/URL]

Spark

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
So far the only things you've told us that are making you concerned are:

-he doesn't rubberneck pretty ladies
-he doesn't go to bars
-he spends a lot of time with his friends

if you ask me, he sounds like a cool guy. Not every man needs to ogle women. Not everyone likes to go to bars or clubs (I know I don't. I have to agree with him when he says its a waste of money.) And maybe he does want to meet someone but is just shy and not sure how to go about it. I think most people are. Personally from what I've read I wouldn't be worried. It sounds like he has interests and friends. If he feels the need to add a partner to that equation I'm sure he will do his best. Until then I'd just give him some space and let him figure this out on his own.

ResponsibleDad

Jul 24, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
ResponsibleDad said:
When I read about your son's issue, it reminds me of how I was when I was his age. Many people feel that way and it doesn't have to be a bad thing, even if it may not seem "natural". Being in love will solve many things for your son, just like it was for me and the mother of my son (27), and that is something that will just come naturally - there is little you can do. Who knows, someday he might meet the love of his love?
Just to be sure:http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=4e2c1041a34eb0e48ab94f91[/URL]
Dagwood: 75% of people voted 'yes' on the poll. :/

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
To Dagwood and others with similar concerns- RELAX. He may be interested in girls, he may not be...? As others have stated, he could just be reserved around you because you're his parent. Or other things are more important to him at the moment.

Look, I have a 45 yo brother who is a completely heterosexual. BUT he's dated very little in his life. In fact, he's only had one girlfriend in grad school, I believe. That's it.

I once asked him why he didn't go out with more women and why he doesn't get married...because he's a great great great guy whom women are VERY interested in...

He just told me he needs to finish something first. And doesn't have time for much else.

Later, I was able to piece together what he meant.

As a Hispanic male who's gifted with incredible "smarts", my "bro" is highly driven to succeed. We know the image many have of Hispanics is not good. So it's important to present a good image.
Note: as a Hispanic American male myself, I also try to do the same.

Anyway, if one saw my brother, one would think he was a construction worker, and not a scientist with a Ph.D from Berkeley. He's just got that rugged good looks and conditioned body.

So it always throws people why he didn't "hook" up with any of the attractive women that was interested in him. Some of them even thought he may be gay. Which isn't true...believe me.

The bottom line is that there are folks who really have a "need" to accomplish something big first, before all other considerations. It's just the way it is...
Just because they don't go out with the opposite sex as much doesn't mean there is a problem.

Maybe your son has other plans that are more important to him right now? He's young and has time.

BTW, I do hope my brother gets married and has children. He just has soooo much to offer a child. Right now, he treats my 5 year old daughter like a precious princess. And she loves him to death. So I keep thinking, what more does he want to accomplish before he settles down? He's recently co-founded a biotech company and they're getting ready to conduct clinical trials for treating a serious childhood illness.

I mean sheesh "bro". Find a woman and have a family to share all of it with...

Sorry for the rant at the end, but it is frustrating sometimes seeing my brother miss out on another part of life:)

Superdad454

Aug 29, 2011
My son (about to turn 18) has had similar issues. I know he is straight but any time I encourage him to call up some girls he is simply uninterested.
He has had a couple girlfriends, and I even gave him "The Game" and some similar "Make her chase you" style dating/self improvement books. He read them and went and practiced the skills and such and came home telling me how well the stuff worked but if anything it made him even less interested in actually dating, or doing anything with girls.

He made a comment to me recently hat I found telling.. "I like girls, but girls my age are SO DUMB, why should I have to sit there and pretend that the stupid crap they talk about is interesting just so they like me or think that I like them, it hurts my brain to try to deal with their petty, mundane, crap, so I would just rather not right now". So I told him that once he hits college, or gets out into the workforce he will meet women with a little more on the ball and more to talk about than what Lady Gaga wore to the VMAs or what happened on last night's Jersey Shore.

RegalSin

Banned
Sep 3, 2011
He is not open with his business, just leave him alone. Otherwise.
Maybe he has his reasons, and you want him to be open and honest.
So talk to him, politely and with all regaurds to why I don't see a girl with my boy???

1. Tell him son, you can have a girl in your room. I don't care about what her age is. I never saw her in my life. You need money for an hotel room, here is a map of all the hotels, in the area. If they give you problems then call me son. Then hand him a stick of condoms, and tell him, when you feel the need to release pull out or else you might end up in my shoes.
Also make sure he understands that women even start to have their period from the age of two, if he gets any stupid ideas.

2. He might have an intrest in computers. I pick up computer parts I see alongside the road. I am using one of those right now. A techie.

4. He might have an intrest in a specific type of woman outside your understanding.

5. He might be masturbating also. Check his hands. His jacky hand is going to be the one that has an extra line. That is how you can tell when somebody masturbates periodically, along with wetspots usually found in the pelvus area of the bed. For women it might be a paticular area of the fingers.

In the past men would just get a high class hooker, or one from stock and force the son to make sex on the floor at gun point, or give me an logical explantion why you wouldn't. I wish those days was still around. Even if we still had AIDs, and undiscovered STDs those days was still better.