your childs strenghths/weaknesses...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
james im pretty sure hes gonna struggle with school like i did. i think he took after me in a lot of ways....i was like him at his age. i was wound up and didnt like to listen. but he has strength with the trades lmao. :p no but he loves bein in the garage with me. im always showin him my new tools. sometimes ill let him pass a couple to me while im working. i think hes gonna know his way around a garage pretty soon. kinda cool i get to pass that on with my fist born. :eek:

Name a couple of urs?

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
My oldest son is smart, like REALLY smart. School stuff comes easy to him. On standardized testing he's gotten all possible answers correct more than a few times. But, he is not so good with socialization. He can be bossy and controlling and he isn't very humble.

My youngest son (5 weeks old) is a super good eater but he doesn't like to sit in his bouncy chair. :D I guess it's not fair to call this a weakness, but I don't have a lot of experience to work with yet!

That's so cool that you can pass on your knowledge to James. I'm sure he loves the time the two of you spend in the garage.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
My DD is a super-physical, sporty type, which I think she got from me. Seriously - she was the strongest baby I've ever seen. She held her head up a few hours after she was born, she walked at 9 months. Her favourite playmate is the neighbour's son, who is 18 months older than her - yes, she actually keeps up with him! :eek: Its amazing, really, considering that she's actually on the small side for her age.

She is fearless - she would jump off of anything and climb up anything she can. She is bored by kiddies-pools - she wants to swim where her feet can't touch the ground, etc etc. Strangely though, she is very scared of other, less physical things - like the dark, things she sees on TV, strange sounds, etc. Even things that should be 100% age-appropriate sometimes scare her.

I fear she has also inherited my short attention span. She's still very young, so it might be that she's just a bit slow in that regard. I really hope she catches up with her age group before she goes to school, otherwise I see myself spending 12 years fighting to keep her from being diagnosed as ADD. I really don't think she is, she's just easy to distract - like me :p

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
"Well let me tell you something about my kid. He is fast. He can run like the wind. And he's strong. I've seen him lift a hundred pounds over his head without even knowing it. And you wouldn't know it to look at him, but he can bait a hook."

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
ElliottCarasDad said:
"Well let me tell you something about my kid. He is fast. He can run like the wind. And he's strong. I've seen him lift a hundred pounds over his head without even knowing it. And you wouldn't know it to look at him, but he can bait a hook."
Lol epic quote

Ole

Jan 22, 2011
I heard that if you want to improve your child's strengths in art, you should try the Fashion Fantasy Game. It's a simulation of the fashion industry in New York. I tried it myself, and if I were a tween girl, I'd like it.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I'll try to keep mine someone short.

Ted- he knows his music but because of the bi-polar he spaces out a lot.

Samantha-her strength is her strong will, but that is also her greatest weakness.

Lupan- is an athlete and can not sit still for anything, he must always be doing something. His weakness is that he is sometimes a little flighty.

Megan- Her strength is her big heart but like Samantha it is also her weakness.

Colton- My military boy who can strip a gun down in 20 seconds and have it back together again in no time, loves history and all things military. His weakness is his short attention span, which flows into school, unless of course it is history.

Savannah- Her strength is nurturing side, I see her following in my footsteps when it comes to having kids, her weakness is her temper.

Aiden- his strength is intelligence, maybe not book smarts but the little guy is smart and a great story teller. His weakness is also his temper.

Kailyn- she is still so little but so far she is pretty easy going and an amazing climber. Her weakness is her impatience.

All of mine do pretty well in school, but don't always put the effort forward if it is a subject they don't like. So in that area they have the same strength and weakness's.

mrene81

Jan 24, 2011
la
I have two children but my son who is almost four really amazes me sometimes. His daddy (my ex) is really into building things and always using tools so my son knows tons about just about every tool and how to use them. The other day his little cousin came over and picked up all his toy tools and was asking what all of them were and my some takes his pretend skill saw and saws " i can't believe you do not know how to use this...this is how they cut wood. He is very smart and says he wants to be all kinds of things but my lil handy man is a definite with his obsession with tools. My daughter is 20 months....very smart, oicks up things very quickly from my son it is awesome.