Your favorite pregnancy food(s)?...

Angel

PF Regular
Jul 22, 2010
East TN
Sooo what is/ has been your favorite pregnancy food(s)?

I'd have to admit my Top 1 is def Cheese and tons of it I never in my life went through soooo many blocks of cheese then I have right now :rolleyes: but that's good right!?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Octomom is a troll!

Anyways with my first it was cheese...anything with cheese, nachos, Doritos, cheese pizza, Cheetos you get the point. I really didn't have any cravings with any of the other ones cause I was sicker then a dog from beginning to end, but when I was pregnant with Cole I wanted double cheeseburgers from McD's all the time, it was a good thing the closes one was 16 miles away cause I would have eaten them all day long :).

kashishverma

Banned
Aug 1, 2010
If you cannot drink milk, you can try paneer, curds and buttermilk or else add milk instead of water to make your rotis. If all this does not suit you, then try protein supplements like Premilac Powder or Zefrich powder which you can take with water. The cradle</SIZE>[/FONT]

loveelc

Aug 14, 2010
oh my goodness lets see. I absolute fav was chocolate milk, grilled cheese sandwiches, marshmellows, dbl cheeseburgers (only from McD's). There was more but those were the main ones.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Haha, when I was pregnant with Eli, I ate a TON of cereal! All different kinds, but I was more partial to the healthy kinds (for whatever reason lol, maybe cause there's lots of iron in them and I was insanely anemic) like Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisin Bran, stuff like that. I ate a bowl like every single day, sometimes two lol.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
That's yummy Xero I still eat those!! lol

Mine was a little gross. I had to have, and a lot of it.....pickles dipped in apple sauce.

I knew it was disgusting even while I was doing it, but by God I had to have it.

Funny thing I couldn't drink coffee which I love, or smoke cigs, just had no desire at all. thank Goodness.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
loveelc said:
oh my goodness lets see. I absolute fav was chocolate milk, grilled cheese sandwiches, marshmellows, dbl cheeseburgers (only from McD's). There was more but those were the main ones.

All my favorites too. lol

DruidMom

PF Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Slinger, WI
For the weirdest reason, earlier in my pregnancy I always craved burritos from taco bell. More of my cravings were spaghetti with Italian sausage, oranges, ice cream, chocolate milk and Big Macs at McDonald's.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
I craved Mexican food early in my pregnancy too! I've chilled out on it in the third trimester. Apples were a mainstay in my first and now in my second pregnancy. For my second and third trimester, I've been eating a bagel with sausage and cheese, yum O! And Dr. Pepper. I know, not a good choice, and usually I hate the stuff! Two, maybe three a week...I swear, that's all I have :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL don't worry Julie, Dr. Pepper is actually pretty low on the caffiene scale so if you had to have something, its not so bad. :p

I love Dr. Pepper! But I have been trying to limit myself to water and gingerale these days haha.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Dr. Pepper is low in caffeine??? I didn't know that! My poison is Sprite, so I guess I was associating the dark color of the soda with a lot of caffeine. So do I have permission to have a Dr. Pepper a day now?? :D

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah it only has like 35mg in a can or something like that, its not too bad! If you compare it to like the 55mg in a Mt Dew can haha. Sprite is caffiene free though. ;) Read it - every can and bottle of pop is required to have the mg of caffiene printed on the nutrition label. Its usually under the ingredients list, I have found, for some reason.

LOL I have heard you can have a little caffiene every day if you keep it limited but I'm not sure what the numbers are. :D

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Funny you say the thing about the can, because I actually looked at an empty one I had in my office yesterday. It doesn't have the caffeine listed :( I've noticed that the packaging varies a lot from state to state due to different regulations. In the USVI, our packaging is really different. We have a lot less restrictions here, so they just don't tell us the 'bad stuff'.

I guess I should just be good for the next couple of months. I already have my max amount of coffee in the morning :D

Nugget! That is a cute nickname :) I joked yesterday with a friend who has a restaurant here and told him that my baby is being grown on his food and that his first word is likely to be Garbo (they guys name).

jennismama

Oct 25, 2010
I use to dip pringles in that hard dairy queen chocolate shell stuff and freeze them. It was sooo good at the time but now not so much.