Your idea of a perfect spouse or parent...

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
Now wheni right this i dont mean your dream person.

I want honest to goodness real expectation of the average human being.

My counselor has asked me to home work assignment writing my expectations for my hubby. I thought it would be fun to read everyones ideas and opinions.

Mine so far are .....

Keep his job.
Pay the bills
Pay for groceries
Take out the trash
spend time with the kids
give me a kiss before he leaves to work and one when he gets home.
put his own stuff away.
When he says he is going to do something that doesnt mean a year later but soon.
Call me when he is taking a long time somewhere so i know he is ok.
Go to bed and wake up to his alarm clock all by himself.
Back me up when disciplining the kids or atleast discuss it so we can compromise.
Umm I will come back if i think of more :) maybe you peeps can help me.

If you dont want to spouse do expectations of a parent :)

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
There is no such thing as a perfect spouse or parent. ;) That said, I couldn't ask for a better spouse. My <I>only</I> complaint is that he works too much. Other than that, he's a great husband and father. :)

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
Thats awesome:)

your hubby must meet all the expectation you have for him or you wouldnt be so happy.

My hubby actually meets most of the expectations i have or i wouldnt stay with him. Just because I posted them doesnt mean he doesn't do them.

The things you are glad he does everyday can be expectation. its like a habit we get use to and when they stop its unexpected. So doing them would be an expectation. :p

I guess my tittle is a little off but I had already posted before I realized it could throw people off. :(
I dont know but if a mod could change the tittle to : The expectations of a spouse or parent, i would be very grateful :)

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
forget perfect, I'd be happy with one who is active, engaged, interested in what goes on in their child's life and doesn't play twisted control games.... but that's just me :)

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
I'll have to go upstairs and find the list I made in college, and post it later. It's very comprehensive, and my current DH meets all the requirements except for the superficial physical ones I included at that time....so I do believe that you can find the spouse who is perfect FOR YOU.

Nikita

PF Fanatic
Jun 10, 2008
London, ON
mmynedshlp said:
Now wheni right this i dont mean your dream person.

I want honest to goodness real expectation of the average human being.

My counselor has asked me to home work assignment writing my expectations for my hubby. I thought it would be fun to read everyones ideas and opinions.

Mine so far are .....

Keep his job.
Pay the bills
Pay for groceries
Take out the trash
spend time with the kids
give me a kiss before he leaves to work and one when he gets home.
put his own stuff away.
When he says he is going to do something that doesnt mean a year later but soon.
Call me when he is taking a long time somewhere so i know he is ok.
Go to bed and wake up to his alarm clock all by himself.
Back me up when disciplining the kids or atleast discuss it so we can compromise.
Umm I will come back if i think of more :) maybe you peeps can help me.

If you dont want to spouse do expectations of a parent :)
I wouldn't trade my spouse with anyone else. He's not perfect, but he's close. Funny thing, he fits your description except for the bolded part. His procrastination frustrates me so much sometimes, but I still love him for it.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Mine is very simple. Someone who thinks of me and the kids before themselves. I try to think of my fiancee and my daughter before myself.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
someone who can support our family financaly and emotional
puts us above all else
smiles when he comes home even if he had a hard day at work
listems when I talk, even when I bitch

jgomez65

PF Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2008
This would be the perfect wife. No man would ever complain about a wife like this!
<YOUTUBE id="U5GUFBaYFXk" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5GUFBaYFXk">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5GUFBaYFXk</YOUTUBE>