A little update...

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
I thought I would give you all a little update.
I realized I just kind of came back and jumped back into things and haven't really caught everyone up on stuff after being gone so long.

So here goes:
-Lost a ton of weight 148 to like 117-120.
-Went blonde.
-Got my nose pierced.
-Got a tattoo.
-Moved out of my moms and into DB's old apartment back in January, which was tricky because we'd have to hid my things since his roommate was crazy and didn't discover till the end when BOXES of my things were being moved out of his room. Don't ask me how we did it, it was complicated.
-Moved into his sisters house to help her out for a little back in May.
-Have plans set to move in a year or two into our own place
-Have plans to get a house after that.
-He has said he is going to help me pay off my debts and reshape my credit, we're doing his second, mines easier.
-We've talked about kids.
-We got a dog back in November, his name is Buckley, he's 3 and is a doberman/hound mix, about 25lbs.
-We eat super healthy.
-Hardly speak to my mom, when we do it's brief and it's nicer this way.
-My brother is 18 now and is having the same issues, so it wasn't me that was the problem.
-I am a manager/key holder at a clothing store.
-He has a wonderful job which pays a lot.

Stuff has really changed around.

Oh and I no longer am going to become a cop.
We went up to the mountains, he had had a little to drink so I drove, my gas light came on, we stopped at a gas station, couldn't find the gas card, the gas card didn't work, the gas station was closed the pumps were still on, we tried 3 pumps, it was freezing cold out, we both had horrible days and wanted to just escape for a little and I was freaking out, I got in the drivers seat, threw the car, instantly regretted it because I then couldn't find it and we were going to try and head to an open gas station, I freak out even worse saying we're going to freeze to death or get eaten by something, I'm ripping thought the front section of my car, can't find it, he tells me to stop that he'll look for it, comes and sits in the drivers seat, starts to look for it, the police roll up, bust him for a DUI and he wasn't even driving the car, he was looking for the card. We've been fighting this since February and we just got a huge break in the case and hope to win in November.
But yeah we told the cop what was going on, he didn't care, I'm hysterical and hyperventilating watching him get arrested, I tell the cop my gas light is on the gauge is below E, he doesn't care tells me to follow him to the station and then proceeds to go about 10-15 over the speed limit leaving me behind on the snowy highway.

So yeah, no more cop stuff for me, I don't want to work with inconsiderate people like that. I understand he has a job to do but he could have:

A) Done a reasonable speed since I didn't know where he was going and I could have run out of gas and been stranded in the middle of I-70.
B) At least told me what exit and some basic directions.
C) Cared about my well being as well.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Cop2be said:
So yeah, no more cop stuff for me, I don't want to work with inconsiderate people like that.
That's kinda sad. You were so into it... and one inconsiderate prick puts you off completely?

Anyway, glad to hear things are going better. Its nice to take control of your life, isn't it?

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
singledad said:
That's kinda sad. You were so into it... and one inconsiderate prick puts you off completely?

Anyway, glad to hear things are going better. Its nice to take control of your life, isn't it?
There are cops like that in every department and I don't want to end up all cold and calloused.
I took control long ago but it angered my mom but I had to take control while living at home so I could get out of there.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
There are inconsiderate people in every profession. I've worked with Police officers for 17 years. Most of them are wonderful.

However.. consider this.. we hear that kind of story every single day. Drunk drivers kill millions of people a year... and not one drunk man caught in the drivers seat that I've heard of has ever said.. yep.. "I crawled in there and drove knowing I could kill somebody tonight". Thats why excuses hardly work. Most of the time they are lies and who can you believe?

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Cop2be said:
There are cops like that in every department and I don't want to end up all cold and calloused.
I took control long ago but it angered my mom but I had to take control while living at home so I could get out of there.
There are people like that in every single form of employment.

As he was over the limit sure both of you knew that under no circumstance should he have ever been in the drivers seat/attempting to get in. On E cars still have decent mileage, at the very least they have 30 miles. Really the policeman was doing his job.

When you say three pumps, do you mean you were attempting to steal fuel?

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Mom2all said:
There are inconsiderate people in every profession. I've worked with Police officers for 17 years. Most of them are wonderful.

However.. consider this.. we hear that kind of story every single day. Drunk drivers kill millions of people a year... and not one drunk man caught in the drivers seat that I've heard of has ever said.. yep.. "I crawled in there and drove knowing I could kill somebody tonight". Thats why excuses hardly work. Most of the time they are lies and who can you believe?
Yeah I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to drive. He was looking for something while I panicked, it wasn't some excuse, I was right there with him I know what was going on.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Jeremy+3 said:
There are people like that in every single form of employment.

As he was over the limit sure both of you knew that under no circumstance should he have ever been in the drivers seat/attempting to get in. On E cars still have decent mileage, at the very least they have 30 miles. Really the policeman was doing his job.

When you say three pumps, do you mean you were attempting to steal fuel?
The car was in park he was simply looking for something.
We just caught a huge break in the case and are on track to win.

No, I tried 3 pumps because the card looked like it would work, every pump would say "begin fueling" and then nothing came out the card is for she'll stations only I tried almost all the pumps because I had no idea why they weren't working. Turns out the card was declined for fraud since it was used so far from home.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Cop2be said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to drive. He was looking for something while I panicked, it wasn't some excuse, I was right there with him I know what was going on.

Not you but the Officer trying to do his job. That man who came across 2 strangers that tell him another tired old story. It may have been the truth.. I'm not saying it wasn't, but I'm saying, how is he to determine who lies and who tells the truth? He's heard one million lies from drunks before. Maybe there is a small percentage of people with legitimate stories, but he's not all knowing, only human. Break the law, get charged. The judge sorts out the truth. Hopefully you'll get the right decision there.

The law in our state is anyone behind the wheel with keys in the ignition. Doesn't matter if it's on or parked. If they are in the drivers seat with keys in the ignition the intent is there... its a charge.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Your boyfriend was in the drivers seat, driving or not, he CAN be charged with a DUI.

Have you ever watched those drink driving shows? Where they show cops busting people for DUIs, have you heard the excuses they come up with? "Oh I was just sitting here in the drivers seat for x reason but I am not actually driving, so and so is" is actually a pretty common excuse. I am sure there are some cases where it is the truth, which is why you appeal, which you seem to be doing, HOWEVER the police officer had every right to arrest your boyfriend because he had no business sitting in that seat while intoxicated.

You don't know why he was harsh on you. My guess would be that he see's many accidents caused by alcohol consumption and he hears many excuses when the law is pretty clear. Maybe he is just a hardass and didn't like you guys because you were being hysterical about getting eaten and arguing with a police officer.

In the end, you have to pick a career you are comfortable with, and that you match with, to be honest, in the few threads I have seen you post I couldn't imagine your personality matching up with a police officer's, I could be completely wrong, but to me it just doesn't gel. However, there is not a single career out there where you will not encounter someone with a personality that you do not like.

You work in retail don't you? Surely you encounter customers who think the sun shines out their backsides just because they are spending $10. Would you quit your job because some customers are ridiculous? Would you quit your job because a new employee came along who has no interest in his or her job and stuffs around all day? Chances are you wouldn't. You cannot make decisions on your life based on what people you may or may not encounter or work with, otherwise you may as well sit at home and never leave the house.

Finally, you remind me a lot of me at your age, I think that's why you frustrate me. I had a chip on my shoulder as a teenager and young adult too, but fortunately I met people who got me to want to change, because I realised that life is better if I weren't against everything and trying to fight everything that wasn't worth fighting. Unfortunately the chip on my shoulder was a habit I got from my parents, and they are in their 60's and still act like everyone is against them, and it hasn't gotten them anywhere, they have no family, no friends, no support.

All this "my great grandmother is mean and I am just going to provoke her even further" "the school has no rights to confiscate items belonging to my brother when he is being disruptive and rude with said items" "the police officer is mean for arresting my boyfriend for a DUI" that's all kid stuff. Good on you for getting a well paying job and thinking about your future, but you need to look at your present too, and how you are acting in said present, because that is what is going to shape your future more than anything.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, a friend of mine just got a DUI because he was outside of his friend's house sleeping in his car drunk. Never drove, never intended on driving until morning. You don't have to be driving. If you are drunk, and behind the wheel with the keys in the ignition, you can get a DUI.

And yeah, surely you realize there are assholes in every profession? I mean, if you find a job where everybody is 100% nice and you love them all to pieces and they treat everybody they come across with butterflies and rainbows, you let me know. Cause sign me up.

Good for you for getting a dog, and dying your hair blond. You post a lot of details about yourself on the internet. I was kind of expecting to see your bra size up there somewhere.

Good luck with your credit and your BF's DUI and whatnot.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Xero said:
And yeah, surely you realize there are assholes in every profession? I mean, if you find a job where everybody is 100% nice and you love them all to pieces and they treat everybody they come across with butterflies and rainbows, you let me know. Cause sign me up.
Remember though if everyones nice it means you're the dick head!

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I didn't see in your post if you said the car was still running.

If I remember correctly if the car IS NOT running than he's not attempting to drive it. If your sitting behind the wheel of a car not running how can you be attempting to drive it?

Whatever.

However...don't give up on police hood yet, if you had the right intention when you originally thought of becoming a PO than remember the reasons why you felt that way in the first place.

Learn from your experiences and try to be respectful of the law and courts and judges and they will see you are telling the truth. When your acting in anger (as most of us do when police get in our faces) we show our worse side to law enforcement and that is the worse place to show your worse side. REALLY.

You sound like a smart young girl, a little immature sometimes, but I think you know better about most things, say the right thing and straightening out the situation maturely. You may be surprised.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
NancyM said:

If I remember correctly if the car IS NOT running than he's not attempting to drive it. If your sitting behind the wheel of a car not running how can you be attempting to drive it?
Why else would you be sat in the drivers seat in a car?

Anyone in the drivers seat of a car is considered to be physical control of the vehicle, so sitting in the passenger seat with the keys in your pocket is not an excuse, nor is sleeping on the back seat.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Jeremy+3 said:
Why else would you be sat in the drivers seat in a car?

Anyone in the drivers seat of a car is considered to be physical control of the vehicle, so sitting in the passenger seat with the keys in your pocket is not an excuse, nor is sleeping on the back seat.

Answer: Because you might have dropped something and had to sit in the front seat to find it as the story was told.

Quote Cop2be "I'm ripping thought the front section of my car, can't find it, he tells me to stop that he'll look for it, comes and sits in the drivers seat, starts to look for it, the police roll up, bust him for a DUI and he wasn't even driving the car, he was looking for the card. "

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It's possible people might sit behind the wheel of a car and have no intention of driving it.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
NancyM said:
It takes about 2 seconds for someone to pull away in a running vehicle. That's why the law states, "in the drivers seat with keys..."
Its better to catch them before they leave than when they are actually driving. That being said, if you've ever watched the cop shows on TV with the drunk drivers, you'll see excuses are a dime a dozen. By no means am I saying this particular story is an example of a lie, but that its not an uncommon story to be told to an officer. He was right in my opinion not to take chances.

If I had of been the officer, in my mind I'd of been thinking.. :policeman:

You threw your gas card in the car? It wasn't working so finding it at present time, not necessary.. and if you did intend to try it for a 4th time, then looking for it would have been better bending over and searching, not sitting in the seat. Would he not have had a better visual for the non working card by standing to search the cracks between and under it the seats instead of sitting on it and blocking his own view?

These guys don't know you. They hear lies 24/7. Ultimately his only job it to protect the public and when in doubt of that safety, give them the silver bracelets and a free iron bar hotel stay.

Again.. I'm not saying they were doing wrong, but that the officer wasn't ether.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
NancyM said:
Answer: Because you might have dropped something and had to sit in the front seat to find it as the story was told.

Quote Cop2be "I'm ripping thought the front section of my car, can't find it, he tells me to stop that he'll look for it, comes and sits in the drivers seat, starts to look for it, the police roll up, bust him for a DUI and he wasn't even driving the car, he was looking for the card. "

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It's possible people might sit behind the wheel of a car and have no intention of driving it.
Thank you.

Instead of focusing on something I've already made my decision on and something well win, let's focus on the positives of the long list I posted.

Like I'm blonde and skinny and found a good job.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Mom2all said:
It takes about 2 seconds for someone to pull away in a running vehicle. That's why the law states, "in the drivers seat with keys..."
Its better to catch them before they leave than when they are actually driving. That being said, if you've ever watched the cop shows on TV with the drunk drivers, you'll see excuses are a dime a dozen. By no means am I saying this particular story is an example of a lie, but that its not an uncommon story to be told to an officer. He was right in my opinion not to take chances.

If I had of been the officer, in my mind I'd of been thinking.. :policeman:

You threw your gas card in the car? It wasn't working so finding it at present time, not necessary.. and if you did intend to try it for a 4th time, then looking for it would have been better bending over and searching, not sitting in the seat. Would he not have had a better visual for the non working card by standing to search the cracks between and under it the seats instead of sitting on it and blocking his own view?

These guys don't know you. They hear lies 24/7. Ultimately his only job it to protect the public and when in doubt of that safety, give them the silver bracelets and a free iron bar hotel stay.

Again.. I'm not saying they were doing wrong, but that the officer wasn't ether.
I was sober. He could have just told us to leave and I would have happily driven back down the mountain and gotten as far as I could. I wa sober I was the driver, it's my vehicle they could have let is go since he never actually operated the vehicle.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Ya know C2B. Its kinda a parenting site. Focusing on the positive for us is generally finding the 2nd shoe in the krisper, while finishing sacking a lunch, just in time for the bus.

And while I have as a rule enjoyed your post's. Its unrealistic to expect the kinda responses you would get from a more peer appropriate site.

We (in general) look at things from a different perspective than you. What makes us happy is checking the pot and seeing no non-toilet related items before we use it.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
bssage said:
Ya know C2B. Its kinda a parenting site. Focusing on the positive for us is generally finding the 2nd shoe in the krisper, while finishing sacking a lunch, just in time for the bus.

And while I have as a rule enjoyed your post's. Its unrealistic to expect the kinda responses you would get from a more peer appropriate site.

We (in general) look at things from a different perspective than you. What makes us happy is checking the pot and seeing no non-toilet related items before we use it.
Then say something positive about something then.
I changed my career goals, big whoop, I rather go major in marketing and business than sit in a car 40 hours a week missing life. Getting a job with weekends and holidays off would better suit my new life focused on spending time with friends and family and building my own life and family.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well, congratulations on finding a good job, that is a fantastic thing.

I'm not going to congratulate you on hair dye though, because I don't get why you are listing that as a positive, also, my kids have had hair every colour of the rainbow, and I have a few purple bits myself so I guess I am highly desensitised to it.