A little update...

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
cybele said:
Well, congratulations on finding a good job, that is a fantastic thing.

I'm not going to congratulate you on hair dye though, because I don't get why you are listing that as a positive, also, my kids have had hair every colour of the rainbow, and I have a few purple bits myself so I guess I am highly desensitised to it.
It's part of my image make over.
Blonde hair, tan, skinny, new look , new me.

I do plan on buying a dress to take on my trip, I want to treat them to a very nice formal dinner out as a thank you to my grandmother for all she's done for me over the years.

But yeah it's all part of my image make-up, got tired of looking like a pudgy 14 year old at the age of 21. So I began the transformation, dyed my hair, lost a lot of weight and I can count on both hands how many articles of clothing fit, so anything I add will be carefully picked out to fit my new image. Money is scarce, if I buy it, I better love it. Things will get better though, I should be getting a ton of hours this week.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I know that must have been a lot of hard work. I got into body building at your age. So yes you should feel good about setting a goal and accomplishing that.

My opinion of you had never been based on your outward appearance. And a lot of your older post where about the kind of person you wanted to be. Looks are fleeting. Its a recipe for depression. Whats on the inside, Your sense of self. how you treat others that matter.

I want to treat them to a very nice formal dinner out as a thank you to my grandmother for all she's done for me over the years.
these are the real wins.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
Cop2be said:
I was sober. He could have just told us to leave and I would have happily driven back down the mountain and gotten as far as I could. I wa sober I was the driver, it's my vehicle they could have let is go since he never actually operated the vehicle.

I think you missed my point again entirely. Hopefully in 10 years or more, you'll understand a little better. Things are not always going to seem so black and white.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
bssage said:
I know that must have been a lot of hard work. I got into body building at your age. So yes you should feel good about setting a goal and accomplishing that.

My opinion of you had never been based on your outward appearance. And a lot of your older post where about the kind of person you wanted to be. Looks are fleeting. Its a recipe for depression. Whats on the inside, Your sense of self. how you treat others that matter.

these are the real wins.
Yes I know, it's what's on the inside that counts but all my life I wanted to look good, to feel good and be happy with myself. I know deep down I am a good person but on the outside I still wasn't what I wanted to be, now I'm close.

I just weighed myself the other day at his parents house. I was at like 122, I really want to get down to 115 or 110 and maintain it, I still want to lighten my hair a few shades. Get invisaline and a few other things.

I'm fine on the inside, the outside needs work. I want to be happy with the way I look.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Cop2be said:
Then say something positive about something then.
I changed my career goals, big whoop, I rather go major in marketing and business than sit in a car 40 hours a week missing life. Getting a job with weekends and holidays off would better suit my new life focused on spending time with friends and family and building my own life and family.
It would probably be better if you found another forum to talk to. Unfortunatly this isn't it. I understood what you were saying and how you felt the police were not acting accordingly, but that's one thing most of us already have seen, and why most people don't trust or respect the police.

C2B: I was trying to tell you to follow your dreams though, being a good PO is an admirable job if you have it in you, and you CAN make a difference if you set your self up to do so.

Try not to let one dick head ruin it for you. Bedsides, You will see many like him if and when you do decide to become cop.

Really...find yourself an age appropriate forum where you can run this type of thing by. And good luck.

I would like to know how it turns out too.:)

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Mom2all said:
It takes about 2 seconds for someone to pull away in a running vehicle. That's why the law states, "in the drivers seat with keys..."
Its better to catch them before they leave than when they are actually driving. That being said, if you've ever watched the cop shows on TV with the drunk drivers, you'll see excuses are a dime a dozen. By no means am I saying this particular story is an example of a lie, but that its not an uncommon story to be told to an officer. He was right in my opinion not to take chances.

If I had of been the officer, in my mind I'd of been thinking.. :policeman:

You threw your gas card in the car? It wasn't working so finding it at present time, not necessary.. and if you did intend to try it for a 4th time, then looking for it would have been better bending over and searching, not sitting in the seat. Would he not have had a better visual for the non working card by standing to search the cracks between and under it the seats instead of sitting on it and blocking his own view?

These guys don't know you. They hear lies 24/7. Ultimately his only job it to protect the public and when in doubt of that safety, give them the silver bracelets and a free iron bar hotel stay.

Again.. I'm not saying they were doing wrong, but that the officer wasn't ether.

I really do understand that M2 but thanks.

I'd like to add to your informative post that : The police can make an arrest based on "probable cause" which means they just have to <I>suspect</I> something is going on and can search or arrest or do what ever.

They also have total "Discreation" while on the job, (and just so) and can decide anything they think is suspicious is just cause for appropriate action. and that "appropriate action" could be arrest, could be beatings, could be shootings.

I know ALL the reasons why so you don't have to explain it to me. I'm just telling others.