anyone else bored out of their mind...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Anything exciting happening in anyones lives right now?

Nothing is happening here, no ones at school so they're bored out of their mind, yet when they are at school they'll be moaning that the next holiday is a whole six weeks away.

I'm meant to be booking a holiday but my brain can't cope with reading any more villa reviews, they all merge into one, one massive villa that you hate! Which also means I have to look for everyones passports later, of course they wont all be in the same place and one is pretty much guaranteed to be out of date. Although on a selfish note I would love the euro to fall fall fall to get us some more spending money, or the dollar, it would be sweet for me!

It's boring where we are as well, we are in drought so when you get home after a day out you're nice and dusty and when you blow your nose it's brown...

For some reason as well Russia Today is currently the only channel working on my tv, weird especially as it's all in english and all about western news...I'm confused!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Nothing exciting here either, the usual cooking and cleaning. I have to take Ted in for blood work, and hopefully get all of this college crap under control cause I am drowning in it and don't have a clue what I am doing.

I'm home schooling this year so I am setting up the learning area, got the computer set up and the learning station done, just waiting for the rest of the supply's which should be here this afternoon.

I did have one "exciting" day last week, if that's what you want to call it. Ted was low on med's and his appointment wasn't for a few days so I called his psychiatrist only to learn the doc isn't practicing anymore, I believe he lost his license. Took 8 hours to find someone to get him an interim script since it will take a month to get him set up with a new doc..oh and the only way the ER will help is if he is in his mania mode...stupid!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Not much exciting here, wrapping up summer. DS1 has a soccer camp this week, then he starts both soccer season and american football season practices next week. 8/18 is back to school for him and DS2 starts pre-school on 8/22.

Otherwise it's just making it day to day.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
They go back to school sometime in the first week or so in September here, all of our children are in different education authorities so they all start on different days, I don't even know when I go back!

I've been looking at Morocco, but then I looked at how hot it is in August, most places with Ramadan seem to be stupidly hot right now, I wonder if the Maldives are a bit cooler or Turkey, Turkey's dodgy though, ultimate land of the perverts.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
They go back to school sometime in the first week or so in September here, all of our children are in different education authorities so they all start on different days, I don't even know when I go back!

I've been looking at Morocco, but then I looked at how hot it is in August, most places with Ramadan seem to be stupidly hot right now, I wonder if the Maldives are a bit cooler or Turkey, Turkey's dodgy though, ultimate land of the perverts.
See, you europeans make it so difficult... we american's just pick a disney/ vacation planned!

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
IADad said:
See, you europeans make it so difficult... we american's just pick a disney/ vacation planned!
We have disney in Paris but it is absolutely shit, most of us would gag at the thought of having a holiday in the UK unless we were 65+ or if we wanted an active holiday, even the those who struggle financially go abroad for their yearly fortnight. We would also gag at the idea of driving a distance that takes more than two hours, no plane, then we aren't going. We also don't appreciate being called europeans, everyone that lives within the EU hates the EU, especially the French, but they hate everything.

We should have gone in July when Aune wasn't fasting, but we are far too stupid to think of that, oo Mauritius maybe, I bet that will be too pricey, can't exactly get a budget flight all that way. I'll have to work on Aune and persuade her to go to Spain or something.

On another note at the moment there are riots in a place called Tottenham, the leader of the BNP are blaming the Jews, good old England...not discriminatory at all...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh yeah everything is definitely boring here too haha. Don't get me wrong though, there are things coming up that I have to get ready for its just right now there's nothing for the most part. Eli's birthday is on September 1st (he's going to be 4 oh no!!! :( ) and his party is on the 4th. He's also going to Chuck E Cheese on either his birthday or that weekend (depending on when DH works). And then directly after his birthday, on September 7th, he starts preschool (sob)!!! He's going to LOVE it though, guaranteed. I can already see him crying and complaining when its time to go home haha. Other than that stuff coming up though, pretty much nothing.

How come your wife is fasting, Jeremey?

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I'll have to remember a happy birthday for Eli, all of our children cry when they can't go to school!

It is Ramadan in August so she has to fast between about 2:30 am and 10 pm depending on how light it is, generally if you can see your hands outstretched it isn't dark enough to eat.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
On another note at the moment there are riots in a place called Tottenham, the leader of the BNP are blaming the Jews, good old England...not discriminatory at all...
think it's put a crimp in the Hotspur opening weekend?

and in othher note here, our nation's credit has been downgraded by S&P. So now we're down with other disreputable countries like the UK, Germany and Switzerland....there's a little perspective for all the panic stricken lemmings on wall street.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I don't think so, nothing really stops football here unless it is pitch damage from weather. T

To be fair I think the down grade was expected so I don't know why people are shocked, so many people are treating it like the end of the world, they need to get a grip!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
I don't think so, nothing really stops football here unless it is pitch damage from weather. T

To be fair I think the down grade was expected so I don't know why people are shocked, so many people are treating it like the end of the world, they need to get a grip!
I think people trying to manipulate the markets are talking up the crisis, They'll get the prices down where they want them, buy and sell for a big win by christmas. Back before the deal was done, they said, the damage had already been done, just the whole quarrel had shown that we didn't really have a plan for how to pay our bills.

I wonder what Pakistan's credit rating is?

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I don't think so, I know the last floods almost lowered their rating as obviously it reduced their productivity, I know they were B- not so long ago.

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
I have a little excitement right now ...A wicked thunderstorm. We've been having some really wild ones for the last few days.

I really love them. I either go into the village and watch them roll in over the water from Connecticut or sit out on my porch and watch the lightening and rain.

So that's my fun for the evening. lol :)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I got the last of the kids school supplies and can I say HOLY SHIT! I have 5 shelves full of books and supplies. The scariest is the safety goggles for their science classes. I hope it doesn't involve burning down the house LOL

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL I can only imagine school shopping for you M2M!!! Its been raining/storming a lot here too NancyM, but then I suppose we're not too far from each other haha so that makes sense.

Jeremy your wife must be hungry!! How long does she have to do that?

lifesfinest11

Aug 9, 2011
my son doesn't go to school yet he's only 4 years old. But this year supposed to be in pre-k. But yea it's boring here sort of. Day to day it's the same thing going really.