birth...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
what kind of birth did you have

With Felix i was completely natural with no drugs or anything which i REALLY regretted i didn't want him getting ANY chemicals into him this time i am an idiot who doesn't learn and i am doing it very similarly but i am having the gas...

what did you do/use? what is the best way?

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i thought about using an epidural for birth but Felix's birth was terrible during but afterwards i was so proud that i managed to do it naturally

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
yep i agree. if it didn't work it definitely counts as natural :)

ooh yeah i hope she comes soon too :) hopefully i reach 200 posts before hand so that i can put pics up :)

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Delaney was born C-Section because my ex had issues with her first birth...Delaney has an older brother from my ex-wife's first marraige. Confusing, I know. Anyway, there was an issue with his birth, thus Delaney was c-section.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Both our kids were c/s, so sorry, no experience with the whole natural vs drugs thing. Very "un-natural" for us.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Sit back I have a list :).

#1- 2 weeks late, induced and 18 1/2 hours of hard labor w/epidural (ordered by the doc)

#2- 1 hour of labor, born at home on the couch my mom did most of the catching. No epidural.

#3 and 4- easy...I didn't give birth to them :).

#5- Induced for fear of the same thing as #2, we live very far from the hospital. About 4 hours from pitocin to delivery and had an epi.

#6- stripped membranes early in the morning...and nothing....went to go to sit on the couch later that night and felt a gush (sad to say it took me a few to realise it ws my water that broke, I thought I pee'd myself) got to the hospital at 6 cm got an epi but didn't work, I deliverd about 15 minutes after the epi.

#7- similar to #6, except strep b positive and spent 2 days in the hospital cause we had no time to get anti-biotics in.

#8- full induction, and went nothing like the others, I was strep b positive again and to make sure I didn't have another hospital stay we induced, but I didn't go fast at all, went in at 6 in the morning and she was delivered well into the evening. I had an epi, that didn't work in one spot and I could feel every contraction in just that spot. It was bad...so bad I didn't realise that my baby had shot out of me...I basically delivered her without knowing it. The nurses were freaked out. They weren't sure how to label the delivery.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Wow! I was in labor for 12 hours with Eli, I woke up in the early early morning after a night trying to sleep with the beginnings of contractions and when I stood up to go to the bathroom I felt a little snap and my water broke. I pretty much made it to the bathroom with it though! No mess really. :) Then I went in and I did not want to have meds or an epidural but I guess I couldn't take it and it was so long and painful that I started to cry and throw up so I gave up and they gave me some meds that totally doped me up (I was so upset about that, and that's why next time I WILL get an epi as soon as possible because I don't want to have to get to the point that I need those meds again!!!!!!) and I fell asleep for a little bit before they gave me the epidural. I don't remember how long I pushed, but Eli was born just before 6pm.

The best way - who knows! lol Whatever is best for you.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I believe the Native American women used to leave the tee pee and walk into the woods where they would lean against a tree. Shazzam. Bring back a nice clean baby to Daddy.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
I believe the Native American women used to leave the tee pee and walk into the woods where they would lean against a tree. Shazzam. Bring back a nice clean baby to Daddy.

There ways....

Are not our ways...

(and thinking there must be some kind of "staying on a hard 17" joke here somewhere...oh, loose slots...there we go there must be a loose slot joke....anybody? I'm tapped out past the conceptual idea today.)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
wow.. just walk into the woods and come back with a baby... the men must have thought it to be almost magic LOL the woman knew better

Sunnygirl9607

Apr 28, 2010
I had a midwife with both of my kids and wouldn't have it any other way. Midwife was definitely the best way to go for someone like me. I had my son in a hospital birth center with an epidural. But I had my daughter naturally. I tried to have her in water, but it didn't work for me, so I spent 3/4th of labour in the tub. But she was easy. :D

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
just didn't wantyou scaring off our newbies like you do...

Really, Natalie, he's not as scary as he seems (and I am so totally kidding, Dadu is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet online.)