Car Seats Save Lives... we are here....

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Don't use it, but keep it for now just in case. Different states have different laws and procedures. Your insurance company may or may not reimburse you for a new seat, and some companies collect car seats after a crash.

When all that has been worked out and you still have the seat, yes, destroy it and throw it away. Cut the straps, remove the cover and write in permanent marker in bold letters on the seat shell "DO NOT USE: in a crash" or something to that effect. The object is to destroy it so that no one can pick it out of the trash later to use it.

How are you all doing? Is your DD freaked out? {{{HUGS}}}

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I am so sorry I missed this thread guys...I've got a lot going on and I'll update soon. I am soooo glad you are all OK. Big hugs to you both and your little girl

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Trina said:
Your insurance company may or may not reimburse you for a new seat, and some companies collect car seats after a crash.
Ya, after my crash the lady's insurance company paid for my carseat and took it.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Glad to hear everyone is doing as good as they can after being in a rollover accident. I have been in a rollover accident (that didn't end as well). Life will pick it's self up soon it has a way of doing that, good luck with all the Dr's and insurance and stuff you'll have your hands full (not what you really want right now, being in pain an all). ((hugs))

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Thanks everyone. Yep we've been pretty busy with therapy, xrays, etc. Luckily our attorney taking care of the bulk of things for us and we are at home resting for the rest of the week per doctor's orders.

Dd is doing surprisingly well, she does mention that "I didn't expect that car to go boom." We just talk it through with her and explain that we didn't expect it either and we are all safe and sound.

It's pretty difficult just being in a vehicle to go to our therapy appointments, it seems like everyone is trying to run into us. Hopefully that will get better with time.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
wow guys, that truck was hit hard! I am so thankful that you all all doing well. Even if you have a few mnor broken stuff (not to minimize it) but that all in all you are all alive

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
GW is getting better and we are hoping he'll we be released soon.

I'm still having problems with my right arm, hand, shoulder, neck... etc.

After an MRI last week, I was just told by the doc to stay home from work for another week.... of course I'm getting a hard time about this from my employers eventhough I'm burning my entire vacation leave to follow my dr's orders. Feeling pretty low today.