Carried over suspension: should I fight it?...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Interesting on the age bit, no offense but I don't know if an 18 year old boy was really the best choice for her as an adoptive family, but I'm sure you didn't see it that way at the time.

That's nice of your grandparents. College is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope to go back myself someday. What are you going for?

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
Xero said:
Interesting on the age bit, no offense but I don't know if an 18 year old boy was really the best choice for her as an adoptive family,
I was the best choice they could find. It's better than foster care or an orphanage. (That's not saying much.) I also took care of her for a long time before then as a babysitter (I was chosen because they knew me fairly well, they had another daughter my age who I was... Well, maybe that wasn't the best decision in hindsight.) Sam was also really attached to me already. (She had started calling me "da-ii" a little bit before I got her. Seriously.)

but I'm sure you didn't see it that way at the time.
No, I didn't.

That's nice of your grandparents. College is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope to go back myself someday. What are you going for?
Video game design, along with my friend who I will refer to as "Seattleite." (Look on TES Nexus, that's his handle there.) We're both interested in RPGs. He's an old friend of mine from a modding group back in 2004 and 2005, and we live in the same town, so we have been wanting to make games together for a while. We just lack the skills right now.

Last edited:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Interesting, I enjoy video games, hope you come up with some good stuff.

I can't say I totally agree with that statement, that you were the best they could find (not on a personal basis, what I mean is that you were an 18 year old boy, rather than some married couple who had been trying for years to get pregnant but couldn't etc). Seems like a bit of effort put forth to do the right thing for their child probably could have made a vast difference.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
Xero said:
Interesting, I enjoy video games, hope you come up with some good stuff.
I've got a lot of concepts and other information on Gamedev.net, using a handle that isn't my real name (I actually used Seattleite's real name, originally we were to be posting these together) and I can give you links if you are interested.

I can't say I totally agree with that statement, that you were the best they could find (not on a personal basis, what I mean is that you were an 18 year old boy, rather than some married couple who had been trying for years to get pregnant but couldn't etc). Seems like a bit of effort put forth to do the right thing for their child probably could have made a vast difference.
I had a few huge mistakes early on, but Sam was happy to be going with me at the time and is still happy with me to this day. There was never a time she was unhappy with my custody.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Avianmosquito said:
I've got a lot of concepts and other information on Gamedev.net, using a handle that isn't my real name (I actually used Seattleite's real name, originally we were to be posting these together) and I can give you links if you are interested.
Sure, hook me up.

Avianmosquito said:
I had a few huge mistakes early on, but Sam was happy to be going with me at the time and is still happy with me to this day. There was never a time she was unhappy with my custody.
I'm not saying you don't love her, or she doesn't love you, don't get me wrong. I think that's kind of a different topic than what is "best" for a child, though, you know.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
Xero said:
Sure, hook me up.
Seattleite wrote this one. Not sure what he was thinking with how he wrote it, but I really, really like the idea and if we actually had those resources I'd be all over it.

I wrote this one. Thread still isn't finished, but it's probably as close as it will be. It's an easier game to make and will require much less time with fewer people. (We already have a spare programmer and just need an artist now.)

EDIT:
I should also mention, Seattleite is a LOT younger than me. He's 20. Not sure if that means anything, but that's the case.

I'm not saying you don't love her, or she doesn't love you, don't get me wrong. I think that's kind of a different topic than what is "best" for a child, though, you know.
It's a moot point anyway. I want her to stay, and she won't accept anybody else's custody, so she's staying here. Whether this was a good idea when it started is irrelevant now. I'm not arguing with you, but I just don't see how it matters now.

Last edited:

Savvysammy

Banned
Aug 13, 2013
Over the rainbow.
How does this get 100 replies? I'll get through what I can tomorrow.

Avianmosquito said:
The school faculty, apparently informed by the little rat she was with,
He did it to get me in trouble.

found her in a stall in the boys' restroom during class, performing fellatio on him.[/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

And that.

She also refused to stop when caught, and they had to pull her off of him.[/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

I wanted to finish.

Of course, this district being what it is, only she was punished.[/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

Because he's a fink.

She also spat in the school resource officer's face,[/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

I tried. I got his shirt instead.

although thankfully there was nothing in that but saliva or she'd be in much worse trouble.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, there was.

cybele said:
Has she had any counselling?
No, but I could use a laugh.

to spit on a teacher's face for getting caught is abnormal,
He's not a teacher he's a pig.

not to mention that at 12 there has to be some underlying reason.
No there doesn't.

Avianmosquito said:
I've seen how "counsellors" work. I was in counselling for much of my childhood, and they provided me nothing but reasons to distrust them, their methods and their opinions.
Preach it.

Well... there's more to it than that. She's been doing things like this almost from the moment I adopted her. (At 12 months, I might add.) Not things this extreme, of course, but she did things even as a baby like pulling off other kids' pants.
And shirts, shoes and socks. I liked to look at them and feel their skin.

She's been suspended twelve times for these kinds of things. The first was when she was five, when she was caught naked with two other kids (a boy and a girl) behind the covered basketball court.
I also touched them.

[quote[So was I, actually. Of course, <I>I</I> didn't get caught.[/quote]

I feel so much better.

I know that she would do anything she could to spite them.
I wanted to finish too.

cybele said:
I don't believe that a 12 month old was showing sexual behaviour, sorry, but I don't, I think you are seeing things that aren't there.
I think wanting to see there parts and lie naked with them is sexual.

12 month olds typically poo, cry, eat, make a mess, sleep, crawl around, babble, drool and stick things in their mouth. That's really it.
Twelve months, not twelve weeks. Although I did do a lot of that last one. Especially other babies' hands.

Avianmosquito said:
You could make the same argument about taking her to a priest, and I'm not doing that either.
Nice.

And talk. She talked. A lot. Not full sentences, but she talked a lot. She also walked and ran, more the latter than the former. Oh, and cuddle. She particularly liked to tackle other babies and refuse to let go of them, usually until she fell asleep.
You forgot about the wrestling and face-licking.

I'm not sure what it is with her. She always seems to find trouble.
I don't try.

cybele said:
Well, she was certainly something then, doing the whole running thing a full year before average development.
A lot of babies run at one year.

Savvysammy

Banned
Aug 13, 2013
Over the rainbow.
Avianmosquito said:
Not really. She grabbed onto me and buried her head in my chest in his office until he was ready. After that, other than screaming, hitting him, biting and breaking his needle on two occasions she didn't imteract with him much the first year. She also cried in the lobby. She still doesn't like checkups. And she had her checkups and injections when I got her, so it was a couple months anyway.
I was NOT that bad.

cybele said:
From their view, sexual activity on school grounds between kids so young is a massive issue.
That's their problem, not mine.

Xero said:
Like, a 12 year old sitting in your lap, asking you to tell strangers (parents, no less) on the internet her cup size?
Can't anybody take a joke?

Small children don't have any understanding of sexuality or sexual preference. None.
That's not true. Even if we don't know what to call it, we know what we like.

And can I please ask what it means to "brain" ones family terrier? 0_o Do I want to know?
I beat its brains out.

Also, where do you live that this girl is still in school after giving BJs in the bathroom to little boys (she's a little girl too, but yes they are little boys)
I only got caught doing that once.

among what I can only imagine by your hints a number of other rather consistent sexual encounters with kids her age,
Twelve suspensions for sexual interactions. Four were for kissing, four were for nudity. One blowjob, two handjobs and one fingering. The brain bleach is under the sink.

punching a kid in the genitals,
That wasn't at school.

spitting on teachers,
If you were in my shoes, you'd understand.

breaking an authority figure's nose,
He called me retarded. In front of the vice principle and school psych.

Where I live (and most places that I am familiar with), one kid so much as pokes another kid with a pencil and they're kicked out forever with the label of terrorist haha.
I hear a lot about that. It's really stupid.

It's called a "no tolerance policy".
Zero tolerance == Zero reasoning.

Can be over the top sometimes,
Masterful understatement.

but it's pretty wide spread and been around for quite some time. Kids don't just beat each other up, get suspended and come back anymore. Not these days.
I'm the only one getting in trouble AT ALL.

Anyway, assuming this is all shockingly real, have you ever considered home schooling or cyber school?
He talks to me about it ALL THE TIME. I'm only going this year to get him to stop.

I mean, I might start to consider it after my kid keeps having sex, getting beat up and shot.... in school.... :/ Can't say I'd keep sending her back, but that's just me.
I was never shot in school. The worst I got was a cracked pelvis in school.

Avianmosquito said:
Her sense of humour is questionable at best. She told me a joke the other day about eating a vegetable that I shan't repeat in public.
"What's the hardest part of eating a vegetable?"
"The wheelchair."

As a person who remembers <I>being</I> a child, and how I thought <I>as</I> a child, that's news to me.
Preach it, father.

Yes, I'm surprised she hasn't been expelled.
Do you think I'd have time to get popcorn before county ripped them a new ass?

That said, this incident is the most extreme sexual thing she has ever done at this school.
*Whistling*

Breaking a teacher's nose was the only unprovoked assault she has engaged in while in this district.
So calling me retarded doesn't count as provoking me? Good to know.

Odd, considering the kids that hit her get (at worst) a slap on the wrist from the school.
One was given a two-day suspension once.

It was this woman, not her birth mother, who breastfed her until she was six.
My birth mother thought breastfeeding was going to kill me. Really.

Yes, I have.
You don't say.

This is the worst thing she has ever done in that regard, at least in school. The rest was all "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" and was normal kid stuff, the school just doesn't see it that way.
They also don't like kissing very much.

She's never received any injury worse that a ruptured mammary in school. (On that subject, ouch. I mean really, there's no way that doesn't REALLY hurt.)
How is that worse than a cracked pelvis?

The issue is I put a lot of value in her choice, when it comes to her and her safety. She wants to go to school, see her friends, have a reason to get up in the morning. Her getting into fights once or twice a year isn't as important to her. Of course, I don't believe that at all, and I think she just wants to leave through expulsion, because she CAN and WILL see her friends even if she switches to cyberschool, and rather than trying to keep things from escalating she appears to be driving hard for an expulsion, but I'm letting her choose anyway.
I'm going, I'm going.