Carried over suspension: should I fight it?...

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
I'm not sure this is the right part of the forum, but Sam was suspended for six weeks, one week before the end of the school year. The school recently sent me a letter saying they were carrying over her suspension and she would have to miss the first five weeks of school. Should I fight it? If so, how best can I fight it? I can't afford to take them to court.

I'll give any additional information that might help, within reason.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Makes sense that it would carry over numerically but I don't understand why they would suspend for 6 weeks with only one week left, that sounds odd.

Six weeks is a very long time for suspension though.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Makes sense that it would carry over numerically but I don't understand why they would suspend for 6 weeks with only one week left, that sounds odd.

Six weeks is a very long time for suspension though.
Well, it's because of what she did and her saying (to me, in front of them) "Who cares, there's only a week left anyway."

For such a smart girl, she sure does some dumb things.

As for what exactly she did, I'm going to bury that with a white font because it's... well, it's not something adults will want to think about a preteen doing.

The school faculty, apparently informed by the little rat she was with, found her in a stall in the boys' restroom during class, performing fellatio on him. She also refused to stop when caught, and they had to pull her off of him. Of course, this district being what it is, only she was punished. She also spat in the school resource officer's face, although thankfully there was nothing in that but saliva or she'd be in much worse trouble.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Has she had any counselling? I don't disagree that preteens get into these situations, heaven knows I was that kid, but to not stop when caught and to spit on a teacher's face for getting caught is abnormal, not to mention that at 12 there has to be some underlying reason.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Has she had any counselling?
I've seen how "counsellors" work. I was in counselling for much of my childhood, and they provided me nothing but reasons to distrust them, their methods and their opinions.

I don't disagree that preteens get into these situations,
Well... there's more to it than that. She's been doing things like this almost from the moment I adopted her. (At 12 months, I might add.) Not things this extreme, of course, but she did things even as a baby like pulling off other kids' pants. She's been suspended twelve times for these kinds of things. The first was when she was five, when she was caught naked with two other kids (a boy and a girl) behind the covered basketball court. This incident in the restroom was the most recent.

heaven knows I was that kid,
So was I, actually. Of course, <I>I</I> didn't get caught.

but to not stop when caught and to spit on a teacher's face for getting caught is abnormal,
Well, not for her. She HATES her school, the school faculty, the district administration and everybody even remotely involved in these things. There was a period where she spat on her math teacher's shoes every time they made her go to his class. She also tore up her assignments and threw them in his face once, and when in the vice principle's office she lost her temper and broke his nose. Her continuing when caught doesn't surprise me at all, because I know that she would do anything she could to spite them.

Here, go read our intro thread. I covered her issues in detail as well as our history.

not to mention that at 12 there has to be some underlying reason.
You know, I don't really know about that.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well then you're stuck.
Sorry but if you're not willing to get her any help based upon your own negative experience with counselling (yes, there are some bad apples, but the majority of counsellors are very good) and you're not willing to find the underlying reason then you won't end up with a solution.

I don't believe that a 12 month old was showing sexual behaviour, sorry, but I don't, I think you are seeing things that aren't there. 12 month olds typically poo, cry, eat, make a mess, sleep, crawl around, babble, drool and stick things in their mouth. That's really it.

Kids pull down each other's pants and take off their clothes, it's not exactly sexual, it's curiosity, it's normal and the majority of kids do it.

Yes I have read your intro post and I am struggling believing that everything in it is the whole truth to be honest. She seems to have lived a very extreme life in such a small number of years.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Well then you're stuck.
Sorry but if you're not willing to get her any help based upon your own negative experience with counselling (yes, there are some bad apples, but the majority of counsellors are very good) and you're not willing to find the underlying reason then you won't end up with a solution.
You could make the same argument about taking her to a priest, and I'm not doing that either.

I don't believe that a 12 month old was showing sexual behaviour, sorry, but I don't, I think you are seeing things that aren't there. 12 month olds typically poo, cry, eat, make a mess, sleep, crawl around, babble, drool and stick things in their mouth. That's really it.
And talk. She talked. A lot. Not full sentences, but she talked a lot. She also walked and ran, more the latter than the former. Oh, and cuddle. She particularly liked to tackle other babies and refuse to let go of them, usually until she fell asleep.

Kids pull down each other's pants and take off their clothes, it's not exactly sexual, it's curiosity, it's normal and the majority of kids do it.
Alright, I'll give you that. Maybe my own paranoia about her following in my footsteps (I was WAY over the deep end as a kid) coloured my vision.

Yes I have read your intro post and I am struggling believing that everything in it is the whole truth to be honest. She seems to have lived a very extreme life in such a small number of years.
I'm not sure what it is with her. She always seems to find trouble.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well, she was certainly something then, doing the whole running thing a full year before average development.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Well, she was certainly something then, doing the whole running thing a full year before average development.
I didn't say she did it well. Besides, a lot of babies walk at one year.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
A few steps or with a walker yes, some, not a lot, but some. Walking unaided, no.
I wouldn't know, she's the only baby I've ever raised. And she's very stubborn. If she finds out she can't do something, she keeps going until she can.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well, just for reference, here is your typical developmental milestones:
http://children.webmd.com/features/is-your-baby-on-track[/URL]

Surely a doctor would have pointed out that she was greatly advanced in both walking and talking to you?

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Well, just for reference, here is your typical developmental milestones:
http://children.webmd.com/features/is-your-baby-on-track[/URL]
Pardon me for being blunt, but what exactly am I do to with information?

Surely a doctor would have pointed out that she was greatly advanced in both walking and talking to you?
Not really. She grabbed onto me and buried her head in my chest in his office until he was ready. After that, other than screaming, hitting him, biting and breaking his needle on two occasions she didn't imteract with him much the first year. She also cried in the lobby. She still doesn't like checkups. And she had her checkups and injections when I got her, so it was a couple months anyway.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
You don't have to do anything with it, I just thought it would be interesting given how far your daughter seemed to differ from it.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
You don't have to do anything with it, I just thought it would be interesting given how far your daughter seemed to differ from it.
She <I>stubborns</I> her way through things. That has to account for something.

Back off digression: should I fight her suspension being carried over or not?

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well it does sound peculiar that they would carry it over, and I would question it, but probably not fight it. From their view, sexual activity on school grounds between kids so young is a massive issue.

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
cybele said:
Well it does sound peculiar that they would carry it over, and I would question it, but probably not fight it. From their view, sexual activity on school grounds between kids so young is a massive issue.
Can't say I agree with them, but I see your logic. Especially since I probably don't stand a chance anyway. The only reasons I could stand a chamce would be their decision not to punish him and their history of rediculous judgements the people up at county have ripped into them about before. (Not saying this is one of them. This devision is almost reasonable compared to some of their past ones.)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I'm having a really hard time taking in really all of your posts (yes I have read everything from your intro post to this one), it all sounds more like a really extreme, disturbing movie plot or something. I'm not trying to offend you, just telling you how your descriptions come off to me. A lot of it is difficult to take seriously. I wouldn't sit here and say that it's impossible by any means, but it's all very unusual.

Like, a 12 year old sitting in your lap, asking you to tell strangers (parents, no less) on the internet her cup size? That doesn't seem like a weird thing for you to say to us at all? Again, not trying to offend, just wondering if you realize how strange that sounds. Along those lines, everybody knew she was "bisexual" before she could even talk? Um, how? If a child shows any signs of sexuality in any form before they can even talk, something is very seriously wrong. Small children don't have any understanding of sexuality or sexual preference. None. So that makes absolutely no sense. Surely having raised a child, you must realize this?

Another thing, a woman you were with that had absolutely no legal or biological claim over your daughter took her away and you (her legally adoptive father and the only one with actual custody in the eyes of the law) thought that you had no grounds to fight it? lol she was basically kidnapped and you just were cool with that?

And can I please ask what it means to "brain" ones family terrier? 0_o Do I want to know?

Where on earth do you live that a small girl is getting raped, beaten, and shot twice - the right-wing conservative neighborhood as you describe it?? o_0

Also, where do you live that this girl is still in school after giving BJs in the bathroom to little boys (she's a little girl too, but yes they are little boys) among what I can only imagine by your hints a number of other rather consistent sexual encounters with kids her age, punching a kid in the genitals, spitting on teachers, breaking an authority figure's nose, and who knows what else? Where I live (and most places that I am familiar with), one kid so much as pokes another kid with a pencil and they're kicked out forever with the label of terrorist haha. It's called a "no tolerance policy". Can be over the top sometimes, but it's pretty wide spread and been around for quite some time. Kids don't just beat each other up, get suspended and come back anymore. Not these days.

Were you with the one woman who Sam "adopted" as a mother, or were you with her actual mother who breastfed her for 6 years? (&lt;which really isn't that big of a deal btw)

Anyway, assuming this is all shockingly real, have you ever considered home schooling or cyber school? I mean, I might start to consider it after my kid keeps having sex, getting beat up and shot.... in school.... :/ Can't say I'd keep sending her back, but that's just me.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Have to be honest my brain came to a screeching halt at "black hair and green eyes".

Heck, this kid has not only the most extreme little life and is so far advanced developmentally (and sexually) but she also has the worlds most uncommon naturally occurring hair/eye combination. Also the weight, because she apparently weighs only 6 kilos more than my short-for-his-age 5yr old.

Last edited:

Avianmosquito

Banned
Aug 9, 2013
Xero said:
I'm having a really hard taking in really all of your posts (yes I have read everything from your intro post to this one), it all sounds more like a really extreme, disturbing movie plot or something. I'm not trying to offend you, just telling you how your descriptions come off to me. A lot of it is difficult to take seriously. I wouldn't sit here and say that it's impossible by any means, but it's all very unusual.
No offence meant, then no offence taken.

Like, a 12 year old sitting in your lap, asking you to tell strangers (parents, no less) on the internet her cup size? That doesn't seem like a weird thing for you to say to us at all?
She was joking. Her sense of humour is questionable at best. She told me a joke the other day about eating a vegetable that I shan't repeat in public.

Again, not trying to offend, just wondering if you realize how strange that sounds. Along those lines, everybody knew she was "bisexual" before she could even talk? Um, how? If a child shows any signs of sexuality in any form before they can even talk, something is very seriously wrong.
Given that she could talk when I got her, you should be able to tell that's an exaggeration. I can't remember when I picked up on it, not exactly, and the hyperbole sounded good in my head.

Small children don't have any understanding of sexuality or sexual preference. None. So that makes absolutely no sense. Surely having raised a child, you must realize this?
As a person who remembers <I>being</I> a child, and how I thought <I>as</I> a child, that's news to me.

Another thing, a woman you were with that had absolutely no legal or biological claim over your daughter took her away and you (her legally adoptive father and the only one with actual custody in the eyes of the law) thought that you had no grounds to fight it? lol she was basically kidnapped and you just were cool with that?
Alright, I didn't exactly know all that much about the law at that point. Was it irresponsible not to look into the legal precident (or lack thereof)? Yes. But with how I was, mentally, at the time (keep in mind several people I knew recently died) I took the excuse to give up the moment I had it. Thankfully, I got over that.

And can I please ask what it means to "brain" ones family terrier? 0_o Do I want to know?
She killed the dog. End of story.

Where on earth do you live that a small girl is getting raped, beaten, and shot twice - the right-wing conservative neighborhood as you describe it?? o_0
No, the rape, getting shot and her first beating were all in our old, poor neighbourhood. Not the middle-class community full of conservative families "escaping" liberal society I live in now.

Also, where do you live that this girl is still in school after giving BJs in the bathroom to little boys (she's a little girl too, but yes they are little boys) among what I can only imagine by your hints a number of other rather consistent sexual encounters with kids her age, punching a kid in the genitals, spitting on teachers, breaking an authority figure's nose, and who knows what else?
Alright, you do know we moved at one point, right? Not all of that happened here in this district, right? Yes, I'm surprised she hasn't been expelled. But I know the only reason she hasn't been is that the district is self-conscious about the county's opinion of them after them more than once endorsing their students engaging in gay-bashing, and since Sam was a chronic victim of said gay-bashing they don't think they can expel her. That said, this incident is the most extreme sexual thing she has ever done at this school. Breaking a teacher's nose was the only unprovoked assault she has engaged in while in this district. (Excluding spitting in a teacher's eye at one point, and shoving her gym coach, neither of which caused any actual damage.)

While the school isn't good by any stretch of the imagination, they aren't nearly as bad as I make them out to be, and I know it.

Where I live (and most places that I am familiar with), one kid so much as pokes another kid with a pencil and they're kicked out forever with the label of terrorist haha. It's called a "no tolerance policy". Can be over the top sometimes, but it's pretty wide spread and been around for quite some time. Kids don't just beat each other up, get suspended and come back anymore. Not these days.
Odd, considering the kids that hit her get (at worst) a slap on the wrist from the school.

Were you with the one woman who Sam "adopted" as a mother, or were you with her actual mother who breastfed her for 6 years? (&lt;which really isn't that big of a deal btw)
I was with the woman who Sam adopted as a mother, who I then refer to as her mother for the rest of this. It was this woman, not her birth mother, who breastfed her until she was six. (Why she was lactating, I don't know. Maybe she got pregnant and had a miscarriage during one of our breakups.)

Anyway, assuming this is all shockingly real, have you ever considered home schooling or cyber school?
Yes, I have. Unfortunately, I'm not on good terms with the people who run the only cyberschool in my area. After all, the cyberschool is run by a real, physical highschool and I used to go to that highschool. I was NOT a pleasant student, and I had no respect for my teachers there. I let them know that on a regular basis.

Not saying she won't end up there... actually, I'm certain she will sooner or later, but she really wants to keep going to the physical school and I really don't want her to go to THAT cyberschool,

I mean, I might start to consider it after my kid keeps having sex,
This is the worst thing she has ever done in that regard, at least in school. The rest was all "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" and was normal kid stuff, the school just doesn't see it that way.

getting beat up
Yeah, I've talked to her about that. She laughed at me. Said "I'm happy with how these trades are going." She's winning these fights, and I think she likes that. I can't say I like her liking that, but I'm not going to pull her out of school against her permission unless I absolutely have to.

and shot.... in school.... :/
She's never been shot in school. She was shot once in our cheap, lower-class apartment and once outside next door to a friend's house. (That was the crossbow one. Friggin' weird.) She's never received any injury worse that a ruptured mammary in school. (On that subject, ouch. I mean really, there's no way that doesn't REALLY hurt.)

Can't say I'd keep sending her back, but that's just me.
The issue is I put a lot of value in her choice, when it comes to her and her safety. She wants to go to school, see her friends, have a reason to get up in the morning. Her getting into fights once or twice a year isn't as important to her. Of course, I don't believe that at all, and I think she just wants to leave through expulsion, because she CAN and WILL see her friends even if she switches to cyberschool, and rather than trying to keep things from escalating she appears to be driving hard for an expulsion, but I'm letting her choose anyway.

Last edited: