Cell Phone Use During Pregnancy Can Seriously Damage Your Baby...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Cell Phone Use During Pregnancy Can Seriously Damage Your Baby - Articles

Specifically, mothers who used mobile phones were 54 percent more likely to have children with behavioral problems. When the children also later used the phones themselves, they were:

<LIST>

• <LI>
  • 80 percent more likely to suffer from difficulties with behavior</LI>
    <LI>
  • 25 percent more at risk from emotional problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • 34 percent more likely to suffer from difficulties relating to their peers</LI>
    <LI>
  • 35 percent more likely to be hyperactive</LI>
    <LI>
  • 49 percent more prone to problems with conduct</LI></LIST>
  • <i>
</i>

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
And you believe this? As I said before Yulia, don't believe everything you read. It makes you suseptible for brainwashing. ;)

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Oh this is hilarious! I used the cell phone when pregnant with all of my kids. They are all very well behaved. Wait my oldest talks alot, hmmm, maybe their is a link, lol.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
From FOOSERX:

<I>lmao....how about women on the phone are likely to NOT be interacting with their kid, thus resulting in kids acting up for attention</I>

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;Children Should NOT Use Cell Phones, But My Today Show Interview Does Not Support That - Articles&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;QUOTE&gt;&lt;s&gt;
&lt;/s&gt;Using your cell phone for 10 years or longer will double your risk of getting a tumor on a nerve connecting your ear to your brain, according to a scientific review of 11 studies.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Because children have thinner skulls than adults, and nervous systems that are still developing, the study’s lead researcher, professor Kjell Mild of Orbero University, Sweden, said children are particularly vulnerable to the tumor and should not use cell phones.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Professor Mild also said that the danger may be even greater than their study found because cancers need a minimum of 10 years to develop.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
IMO that is the dumbest thing I've heard in the last month. All things are dangerous in a large dose.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
1dayatatime said:
IMO that is the dumbest thing I've heard in the last month. All things are dangerous in a large dose.
I agree. but then again I ate lunch meat while pregnant!

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
musicmom said:
And you believe this? As I said before Yulia, don't believe everything you read. It makes you suseptible for brainwashing. ;)
Not everything. Just stuff from mercola.com.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol I didn't feel guilty at all. I also drank coffee still. Of course in moderation, like a cup a day kinda thing or a coke a day. Nothing wrong with moderation.

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
cell phones emit electromagnetic radiation

The rate at which radiation is absorbed by the human body is measured by the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR), and its maximum levels for modern handsets have been set by governmental regulating agencies in many countries. In the USA<U><U></U></U>, the FCC has set a SAR limit of 1.6 W/kg, averaged over a volume of 1 gram of tissue, for the head.

There is a case where I live of an entire family of fisherman with brain tumors..the suspect is marine radios.

We all know that radiation is not exactly healthy .... but can a cell phone give off enough? I dont have than answer... wish I did though... but is there nough information out there that should make us at least sit up and look at it instead of scoffing ?

Well lets see .... Agent Orange was safe for all the soldiers in Vietnam too wasnt it?

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Wait, we can't have lunchmeat when pregnant anymore?

They change pregnancy rules every few years.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yep... none. it can harvest bacteria. I ignored that rule. I think if you are a sickly person, then you should follow it but if you are a heathy person... well I ate meat! lol

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Someone sent me these links in an email just yesterday

Makes you think twice about what cell phones do to your brain LOL

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kAd0aWxs7kQ</YOUTUBE>[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']

[/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=V94shlqPlSI</YOUTUBE>[/FONT][/COLOR]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Radiation affecting a pg..........Maybe alot of it is good because all three of my kids are very smart and that's what their father does! lol
He has to wear a radiation badge that monitors the dose of radiation he is exposed to and he has a cell phone and his badge has never set off any warning.
I think people come up with stuff to worry about for something to do.