Child strange behavior...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Cthru said:
^Same.. nor any of my friends children either.

No one said ALL kids do this, just that *if* they do, it's normal and nothing to be overly concerned about.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Trina said:
No one said ALL kids do this, just that *if* they do, it's normal and nothing to be overly concerned about.
true...just because it hasn't happened to you or any of your friends doesn't mean it never happens. That's like saying all your kids have brown eyes and so do all the children you know so ALL kids must have brown eyes

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
(I have to laugh.. this board is so full of drama.. the second you give your opinion on it there are 3 or 4 posts ready to jump down your throat about it. *lol* This is like the 4th time for me and I've only been here a few days. Don't think I'm really saying anything challenging? Just MY opinion and responses. I can hang with the 'mean' dogs.. I just think it's really funny.

No need to get defensive with me. I'll give my opinion and if you don't agree.. fine with me.. I'm not here to debate anything with anyone. Just giving my experience and thoughts and hearing others. Chill :) )

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I don't think anyone was making a comment directly to you...you responded as you saw fit and so did we. No need to tell anyone to chill. the board is full of strong opinions and everyone's opinion is welcome here

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Cthru said:
(I have to laugh.. this board is so full of drama.. the second you give your opinion on it there are 3 or 4 posts ready to jump down your throat about it. *lol* This is like the 4th time for me and I've only been here a few days. Don't think I'm really saying anything challenging? Just MY opinion and responses. I can hang with the 'mean' dogs.. I just think it's really funny.

No need to get defensive with me. I'll give my opinion and if you don't agree.. fine with me.. I'm not here to debate anything with anyone. Just giving my experience and thoughts and hearing others. Chill :) )
We are all just addicted to debating. <3

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I'm starting to figure that out ;) I try to stay away from the debates as much as possible.. nothing is ever accomplished and I respect everyone's views on different topics. If we all agreed on everything it would be a very boring world.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Cthru, I wasn't jumping down your throat or trying to start a debate. We both stated facts related to our personal experiences. That's not drama. My goodness, I'm probably the least dramatic, non-debate member here. LOL!

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
I know, I never said ALL kids either.. just that in my experience it didn't appear as such a normal thing.

Again, I'll say if it was my daughter.. I'd be concerned.. even after a ped said not to worry. I can totally understand how he is feeling.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I wouldn't have deliberately google searched "parent forums", found this website, signed up, and posted if I didn't want people's opinions. I value each and every one of your opinions, and thank you for your passionate responses.

Now, how the heck do I get a picture below my name? I need to put a picture of my daughter on there!!!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
sarushjr said:
I agree with you Cthru. I'm getting the fact that it's ok, and have her do it in the privacy of her own bedroom....however, if it's "normal behavior", why don't we hear more about it? I've never discussed this issue before with anyone, and have never met parents who had a kid who does this. And, of all of the people that her mother and I have talked to about it, they all find it strange...not normal.
I'm sure this has been answered already but I will anyways. Its so normal that we get a post similar to yours about every other week here. And this is a small board. I think parents are kinda emberrased to mention it kinda thing. I know my niece was big time into touching herself over her clothes when she was between 2 and 4. Then she just stopped ( I was young so not sure how her parents talked to her about it. She is not 16 years old, has a part time job is an A-B student (some c's) was nominated Home comeing princess at her highs chool this year, so obviously she has turned out just fine.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
sarushjr said:
I wouldn't have deliberately google searched "parent forums", found this website, signed up, and posted if I didn't want people's opinions. I value each and every one of your opinions, and thank you for your passionate responses.

Now, how the heck do I get a picture below my name? I need to put a picture of my daughter on there!!!
Click on "User CP" up above in the brown bar. You can edit your avatar, but I believe you have to have so many posts before you can use your own pics.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Yeah, I have not been able to personalize mine either yet. They have a few default pics you can choose from for the time being though.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I definitely did this when I was a kid. :embarrassed: <SIZE size="75">(the forum definitely needs a better embarassed icon..what's up with those teeth?)</SIZE>

May 28, 2008
Yea, I agree with everyone on this one. She may not be "discussing" her situation with you yet, but if she feels like it's ok to talk about it, and not be worried, or feel like she's doing something wrong, she should come around and talk to you guys about it. The thing about kids is that they are soo honest and blunt!