Circumcision appearance...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Somebody else's (kinda...weird) thread about circumcision reminded me of this awkward concern I have about Eli. He was circumsized, but I'm wondering if they did it right but at the same time I don't really know what to look for haha. I'm wondering if it looks the same on other boys or if somebody screwed up on him (which would really peeve me off because it's pretty effed up if he would have to have something like that fixed). It's basically right around the top the skin is a little baggy looking. It's like a little baggy ring (gosh I'm sorry I'm trying not to make this awkward) and particularly on the bottom part of the ring it's a little extra baggy looking. It's not like I have any reason to believe it bothers him, but it looks off to me. I'm trying to remember to ask his doctor next time we go, but I was just wondering if anybody else had experience with this or if it looks pretty clean cut and straight and not baggy on your boys. Or maybe, does it go away as he grows? I don't know. Thanks.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
***DISCLAIMER***

This is not a thread to debate circumcision....she is asking a question about if her boy's circumcision looks correct.

:)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I was figuring it couldn't stay looking like that forever as he gets older. I'm gonna ask his doctor I figure he'll think it's okay too, I'm hoping.

And YES to the disclaimer!!! No debating, I don't care if you liked it or not that I got Eli circumsized and it doesn't matter to me if you got yours done or not. This is just a question about how it would look.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I would say its normal. You have to have some slack in the skin or well anyway. Its probably better to have a little too much slack than not enough.

These threads remind me, DW always used to call it his "turtle". Thanks to me it now fondley known as the "Rocket". (it did look like a turtle though)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL thanks, sorry it's awkward to answer my thread haha. Turtle and rocket!!! HAHA Eli is calling it his Peepee right now, it's really all he can say anyway.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
You have to give it a good masculine name. You dont want him and the boys standing around a tree. him saying he needs to knock the dew off my "tinkerbell".

What you want him saying is. I need to break out the "armor piercing anti aircraft rocket for launch".

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
&lt;r&gt;It's a process of removing a flap of skin that nature put there, results may vary. &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;&lt;SIZE size="1"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="75">&lt;/s&gt;(Seriously not trying to be confrontational there, just not sure how else to put it.)&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; From the description it sounds to me like his pe...&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;QUOTE author="bssage;80928"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
bssage said:
&lt;/s&gt;You have to give it a good masculine name. You dont want him and the boys standing around a tree. him saying he needs to knock the dew off my "tinkerbell". &lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

...right, then.... his, uh, ThunderHammer™ is just fine. Things are going to look different, and when the ThunderHammer™ learns to go on the warpath :)wacko: ) later in life, it will probably sort itself out without problem.&lt;/r&gt;

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Thunder hammer crud its already taken man. Its trademarked jeeeezzzz.

Trebuchet, my ds will be breaking out the old Trebuchet to throw rocks at the castle. (<I>in the process of trademarking trebuchet</I>).

Huh, how you like that large and sophisitcated.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I have no clue, my boys aren't done, but ask the doctor, he'll know. Better to ask, then learn a year form know that it isn't right.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ElliottCarasDad said:
That sounds just as Elliott's looks like and I had the same questions for his doctor and he said it's normal.
Thank you! That's really comforting to hear. :)

Thanks everyone else. And lol to the peepee names. Pretty awesome. :p I'll remember that! :D

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
better to have a little bagginess than not enough skin there. If a circ is done to tight it can cause a lot of pain later in life.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Really!! I didn't know that. That's pretty interesting. Good to know, makes sense I guess. :)

Here's my problem right now, this is the tiniest bit off topic but not terribly. Fallon (and anybody else) what do you think about this. Eli is circ'd (obviously) but that was because everyone I know said I had to do it and I was young and didn't know anything about it and thought it was a routine thing that if I didn't do it I was going to make things worse on him in the long run. Nobody ever gave me the other side of the story.

This is the problem. I do want to have more kids, and hopefully I'll have a girl lol but what if I have another boy? I don't want to get him circ'd. BF does but I think I could convince him not too. But I feel like it wouldn't be fair that I got Eli done but didn't get brother done. Not fair to either of them somehow I guess. Maybe brother would be mad I didn't get him done - maybe Eli would be mad that I did get him done. It almost seems like a "Well I already started it, I can't stop circumcizing now" or something. And they would see each other and wonder why they were different and find flaws in themselves. Do you see what I mean?? In my heart I don't want to get any future boys done, but in my mind it almost seems like I have to.

What do you think about that???? What would you do? :( ha.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Well, for me, if I ever do have a boy (not holding breath), he will be circ'd...nobody can convince me otherwise, not you, not Yulia, not anybody.

It's just the way I feel...every male in my family is, and none were messed up by it, or even feel it's an issue.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL well there's no need for convincing, I have no problems with anyone being circ'd. My boy is circ'd obviously, I just wish I had known both sides of the story before deciding on it with him because I might not have done it. It hasn't hurt anyone I know either, and no one I know has ever felt it was an issue except that they like themselves that way. Just personal reasons here, I don't find the issue debatable or a crazy big deal like a lot of people do. To me, circ them or don't I think it's fine either way I just wish I had been more educated to make my decision. But I was young and when you're young you think things are a certain way based on what people tell you. So yeah.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL I just realized you said Yulia. How did she get banned? I was so excited when I came back to see Yulia got banned. She was so annoying.