Circumcision appearance...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
well, with the possibility of having more boys and not being sure what to do---
you could do some research on the health issues of circumcision if you will or wont be having it done for religious reasons..
if anything, a little info can give ya the pros and cons and allow you and hubby more info to make an informed decision.
a quick search turned up this link, don't know how accurate it may be.
Circumcision Resource Center

either way there was no harm done in you getting baby boy circ'd...
like the others said, go ahead and ask the doc. better to learn now than later if something isn't right.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
What do you think about that???? What would you do? :( ha.
My thought is if you really feel like you don't want to circ a future son you shouldn't. If they started asking questions when they were older I would be honest about the whole thing. If they get mad that they don't look a like you can have it done (or undone) when they're old enough to make that choice for themselves and can full understand what will be happening. One day my boy might realize his doesn't look like daddy's and that's how I'll be handling it with him. I'll explain to him all the reasons he isn't cut (most are medical in his case but I won't be circing the new baby if he's a boy) and let him decide for himself when he's old enough if he wants to go ahead and get it done. I'll even foot the bill...lol In the end you'll know in your heart what's right for you and your sons, whether that means circing or not. You're a wonderful, caring mother and I have faith you'll know just what to do when the time is right.

P.S. Musicdad, no need to get so defensive, Yulia isn't lurking in the shadows waiting to jump out and preach to us ;-) Nobody wants to "convince" anyone of anything. I know the wounds of Yulia are still pretty fresh...lol but I promise, I'll protect you

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL GUYS.

Thank you so much Fallon, that really makes a lot of sense to me. <3333

And what do you mean - undone?? You can like... undo a circumcision? How?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
foreskin can be restored (kinda) if he wishes when he's older...personally that just seems silly to me but I don't have a penis so I guess it's not for me to judge...lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it, I just didn't know it was possible. That's interesting! :p

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Xero said:
lol I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do it, I just didn't know it was possible. That's interesting! :p
haha, interesting is one way to put it. I have to imagine it's pretty painful. They basically use this funny suction tool that over time pulls the skin over to recreate the look of a foreskin

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
fallon said:
haha, interesting is one way to put it. I have to imagine it's pretty painful. They basically use this funny suction tool that over time pulls the skin over to recreate the look of a foreskin
It's not an attractive prospect, and there's pretty much nothing that will restore the nerve endings removed in the original process.

NSFW: Description of the procedure
(NSFW because there are pictures of re-uncircumcized penises there.)

Text only: Going Back to Square One - Circumcision Reversal