Circumcision Info!...

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
I was circumcised when I was like I think 6 or 7. Woo that was a bad 2 weeks after. Ya know, I never knew why I got circumcised. My bro did because he literally had some rare problem but I do not think I did have anything lol. Anyway since there is no immediate health threats greater than the chances of a circumcision going wrong I'll just let my son do it later in life if he wants. I also do not agree with doing things for religious reasons when there is little or no logic behind it. My opinion hehe

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
SuperMario said:
I was circumcised when I was like I think 6 or 7. Woo that was a bad 2 weeks after. Ya know, I never knew why I got circumcised. My bro did because he literally had some rare problem but I do not think I did have anything lol. Anyway since there is no immediate health threats greater than the chances of a circumcision going wrong I'll just let my son do it later in life if he wants. I also do not agree with doing things for religious reasons when there is little or no logic behind it. My opinion hehe
Like many American boys you are your brother were most likely circ'd because of the ignorance of American doctors re: foreskin/intact penis. Many times they just decide (I guess they just suck this diagnoses out of their ignorant a$$es) that the foreskin is too tight (HELLO, it is SUPPOSED to be tight in young boys); or some boys may have ballooning while urinating which is a NORMAL stage of separation process for many boys when foreskin just starts separating creating uneven “pockets” under the foreskin and the opening is still very tiny (as it should be to protect from infections getting in) and so when a boy urinates, the penis looks like a balloon since urine fills empty ‘pockets’ in foreskin.[/COLOR]
Some doctors go as ignorant as recommending circ just because a boy doesn’t retract till certain age (and every doctor has their own ‘comfort’ zone about it), while it is TOTALLY NORMAL for a boy to not retract till puberty and so on…[/COLOR]

If I were you OR your brother I’d definitely try to get to the bottom of it; very well may be that you can sue the s*** out of the doctors who mutilated you for MOST LIKELY no good reason. There are some great lowers out there who specialize in circ cases.[/COLOR]
Yulia.[/COLOR]

PS. I’m so sorry for what happened to you. Just please read the whole post to know more to be able to protect your whole son from possible doctors ignorance (most often, retraction).[/COLOR]

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
Well don't apologize! I am hardly traumatized hehe. Well I know stuff for my son now though so I am good. Thanks for the post.

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
SuperMario said:
Well don't apologize! I am hardly traumatized hehe. Well I know stuff for my son now though so I am good. Thanks for the post.
It's too late! She's on a crusade to ... I don' know what exactly...I think she wants to protect all circumcised men from...ummm...errr...ummmm...I don't know what she wants to protect them from exactly

You're on her list now! :)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
It's too late! She's on a crusade to ... I don' know what exactly...I think she wants to protect all circumcised men from...ummm...errr...ummmm...I don't know what she wants to protect them from exactly

You're on her list now! :)
perhaps you should let <I>me</I> say what I want, especially since your "educated professional" guess sucks big time! [/COLOR]

Honestly, I have no idea, Mrs. Shrink how you can ever get down to hidden peoples problems/issues/thought since you seem to fail to swallow something that was pre-chewed for you and nicely put into your mouth…ok, that’s TOTTALY out of topic, but I just couldn’t help myself to comment…[/COLOR]

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
Yulia,

This is the last I am going to comment on this thread. Honestly, it's getting a little tiresome, like swatting an annoying mosquito that just wont quit.

You should really polish your debating skills because guess what? You've manged to convince me over the past few days, that anything you stand for is probably the wrong thing to be doing. So yes, not only will I circumcise any future male kids that I may have, but ...get this.. I will actually try to convince people who aren't sure about circumcising their kids to go right ahead and do it. I am now completely convinced thanks to your rambling, that circumcising my son was the best thing I ever did. So actually thank you Yulia!

And BTW, I wasn't much of an anti bacterial soap person .. I figure ordinary soap and water does as good a job as any...but now I am going to stock my house with it! Anti bacterial in the kitchen, bedroom, kitchen again...

I am not joking. I sincerely believe that anything you stand for doesn't have much of a leg to stand on anyway!

Good luck with your proselytizing.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
PreSchool Mama said:
Yulia,

This is the last I am going to comment on this thread. Honestly, it's getting a little tiresome, like swatting an annoying mosquito that just wont quit.

You should really polish your debating skills because guess what? You've manged to convince me over the past few days, that anything you stand for is probably the wrong thing to be doing. So yes, not only will I circumcise any future male kids that I may have, but ...get this.. I will actually try to convince people who aren't sure about circumcising their kids to go right ahead and do it. I am now completely convinced thanks to your rambling, that circumcising my son was the best thing I ever did. So actually thank you Yulia!

And BTW, I wasn't much of an anti bacterial soap person .. I figure ordinary soap and water does as good a job as any...but now I am going to stock my house with it! Anti bacterial in the kitchen, bedroom, kitchen again...

I am not joking. I sincerely believe that anything you stand for doesn't have much of a leg to stand on anyway!

Well, I'm glad you made up your mind! [/COLOR]
Just make sure to tell your future sons the truth why you decided to mutilate them. I'm sure they will be very impressed with their mom's ‘intelligent’ answer that she decided to put them through a penis reductive surgery because this russian girl Yulia that she was debating on the internet with for a couple of days was just too freaking pushy about stopping male genital mutilation in this country![/COLOR]
yulia.

PS. Oh, and don't forget to make sure they have all their shots!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
PreSchool Mama said:
Yulia,

I just want to add that this logic (though I am sure is covered in sarcasm) reminds me of woman who say things like "I'm not going to breastfeed my child even though I know its best for them because of all the crazies out there that promote breastfeeding" logic. Plain silliness, I mean lets do things we know can be dangerous because of one persons ramblings we didn't like

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="ntbuddy;24388"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
ntbuddy said:
&lt;/s&gt;And yes we did multilate our son and we are proud of it. &lt;E&gt;:)&lt;/E&gt; We didn't consider it multiation though as the reasons that were explained to us by the doctors, our parents and what we learned in school told us it was the right thing to do.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;It's beyond me to understand how some parents can be too afraid to be 'confused by fact' to admit the truth.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;My heart always aches for those parents who circ’d their baby and later learned the truth and deeply regretted it. I can only imagine what kind of pain they must be going through. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;However, I just don’t get parents who learn that there are NO medical benefits to circ and how damaging it really is, but they still keep insisting they are glad/proud they did it. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;I am really curious to know what part of it makes you proud the most?!&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Now that you know that there are NO medical benefits and &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;your son was put through this agonizing torture for absolutely NO reason what so ever&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;! By the way, I hope you had the guts to at least &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;see&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; what your son &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;went&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; through! As you can see on this video, the doctor claims that he uses anesthesia…well, make sure your speakers are on! &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;URL url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6584757516627632617&amp;hl=en&lt;/LINK_TEXT&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;So does &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;that&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; make you proud?!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Or perhaps you are proud of the fact that your son lost a very important part of his penis, loss of which will take away up to 75% of his glans sensitivity, dry them up plus it will completely change the way his penis operates taking a lot of sexual pleasure from both—&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;your son and his future sexual partners&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Or maybe you are proud that your son has a very good chance of having &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;tight or even painful erections, hairy or bent shaft due to too much foreskin removal?&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;! It's not all that rare! And there is really NO way to know until he’s much older and his penis reaches its full size.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;This generation of US women mostly had circ’d sexual partners. So for some of them intact penis might look exotic. But that’s about to change. Your son’s generation of girls &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;will have sex with both intact and circ’d boys&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; (since even now it’s about 50%-50% and is steadily declining; in states like CA or OR it’s just about 25% of boys who are cut). So, for them intact penis &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;won’t be something exotic any more, but the normal default state.&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; So, the girls &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;will know exactly what your son is missing&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;, because circ’d penis feels VERY different and not in a good way! Your son will most likely know what he’s missing as well, since there is &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;SO MUCH info out there these days&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; when internet is easily assessable and I bet he will be very curious to find out why he’s missing such a big chunk of his penis (since at least half of his friends will be intact). So, be ready to answer some heartbreaking questions! And don’t forget to tell him that you were proud of putting him through EXTREMELY painful and damaging penile reductive surgery even &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;AFTER &lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;you learn just how bad it really is…&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
you can't believe everything you read on the internet anyways, and info is hard to find that is non biased. So do not bash other parents on this board. If however you would like to debate the facts NOT opinions then feel free

This message is not for Yulla it is for EVERYONE

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Kaytee said:
you can't believe everything you read on the internet anyways, and info is hard to find that is non biased. So do not bash other parents on this board. If however you would like to debate the facts NOT opinions then feel free
All the studies, most of medical journals are very easily accessible these days through the internet. There are still plenty of situations when we, as parents simply “<U>Don’t know that we don’t know</U>” (I’m not even talking about circ, just in general), so we don’t really look for them. I<U> would never dare to blame a regretful parent for that</U>; <U>I’m right there with them beating myself up over mistakes I made</U>).[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]

But if a man is curious and wants to dig up the facts about circ, nothing is easier these days…[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
not all parents are regretful and that should be respected also
I'm sorry to say, but in order to respect something, <U>there needs to be something to respect</U> and there is just nothing.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
I'm sorry to say, but in order to respect something, <U>there needs to be something to respect</U> and there is just nothing.
and that is exactly why others don't want to hear what you have to say.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
exactly. As much as you don't want to admit there are some (though few) benefits to circing, I do believe that the risks far out weigh the benefits, and so do all major health organizations.
All you can do is give the facts to someone and then it is up to them to determine what they will do with those facts.
Eventually boys will not be circ'd at least most likely. Most insurances have dropped it so if parents want it done then they have to pay for it themselves.

MOST parents, even when they KNOW they are wrong, or come to find out that what they once percieved as wrong, will be very defensive to those that point out how wrong they are.
in sensitive cases such as this (health of a child) it is best not to EVER bring up personal experience. It is best to say this is the fact, what you do with it is truly up to you.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Kaytee;24484"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
Kaytee said:
&lt;/s&gt;MOST parents, even when they KNOW they are wrong, or come to find out that what they once percieved as wrong, will be very defensive to those that point out how wrong they are.&lt;br/&gt;
in sensitive cases such as this (health of a child) it is best not to EVER bring up personal experience. It is best to say this is the fact, what you do with it is truly up to you.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;You are right. And you are right again. And you are right again, and again, and again. I&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt; mean it, I NOT sarcastic.&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; It’s a matter of fact, my husband keeps telling me the same thing. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I absolutely admire the way Al Gore talks in his movie “An &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Inconvenient Truth”, he really can present all the horrid facts in a very powerful way with even some humor and you still get chills from listening to him. The facts are just too strong. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;