do you sometimes wish you didnt have kids?...

lovebeingamum

PF Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2011
Auckland, NZ
I sometimes wish I hadn't had kids because I hate to see them going through all the emotional turmoil that they are right now. The abuse from their stepmother, having to hear from their father horrible things he thinks about me. I don't think it is fair for them to have that burden.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
There have been times I wished I didn't have a child. Bringing up a child is a massive responsibility! If I have to be brutally honest, though, I have to admit that many of those things that I couldn't do because I have a child, were spectacularly bad ideas anyway. :eek: LOL. My child certainly stop me giving in to my irresponsible side, and while I might not like it in the moment, it is better that way.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
There hasn't been a time that I wish I was not a parent, however I have sometimes wished I didn't have to be a responsible parent, it is tempting to ignore tantrums and carry on with what I'm doing, but I would regret it when they turned into monsters!

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
occasionally when Felix doesn't sleep or has a particularly bad tantrum or something. but i always realize I'm being stupid when he is happy again or when they do something cute it reminds me why i love them and why i couldn't live without them.

Paswerdz

Apr 8, 2011
It's rough. Me and my girl have been through so much together already and she is only 5. The only reason I would ever change that I have her, though, is to delay it to a point where I am able to provide her with more. Otherwise, I can't imagine being without her. Having my Kelli in my life has improved every aspect.

Stephano

Apr 9, 2011
Superman; I'm 44 and have a 21 year old son. I can tell you that raising children can go by very quickly. You'll still be young enough to enjoy life. But if you don't commit yourself to your kids while they're growing up, they may never really "grow Up". You'll be able to do most of the things you like to do now in a few years.

danielle101282

May 19, 2011
NC
I agree you should try to have a regular visitation schedule. I think it would help you emotionally and the boys as well. It's hard to have kids when your young, but keep working at it, their attitudes will reflect yours. Good luck.

babymaggie1

May 13, 2011
Canada
I can understand your point of view.

For me in general I would have to say that having children has brought me a sense of stability. I was always so busy with life and preoccupied with other commitments that I was never able to focus completely on myself.

However, having children has made me feel safe and secure. I sometimes wish that I had alot more time to focus on myself, since I spent my entire life focusing on others.

I often take long walks on the beach when my children are asleep so that I may gather my thoughts. Its a time for me to reflect. Since I am also an educator, you can imagine how much time tat takes up!

juliekm

Apr 14, 2011
When your kids are grown and out of the house what will you regret? Will you regret not doing some of the things you say you want to, or will you regret not doing more with your kids. I have 5 and don't regret having any of them one bit.

Pasha

May 26, 2011
Oregon
juliekm said:
When your kids are grown and out of the house what will you regret? Will you regret not doing some of the things you say you want to, or will you regret not doing more with your kids. I have 5 and don't regret having any of them one bit.

I agree with you Julie. I am a mother of 5 as well. Two are grown and gone, three are still at home. I love each and every one of them. I miss the older ones each day and wish for days gone by. But I still have my little ones at home. :D

rainrunner

Jun 9, 2011
I think every parent wishes they had more time for themselves/money/ freedom sometimes, that is normal. So sometimes I wish I could have a break from kids, but I don't ever wish I didn't have them. They are the hardest thing but the best thing. It is worth paying for a babysitter to have some you time or some date time!

usingmybrains

May 11, 2011
I don't think people wish they never had kids, maybe we just wished we had more time (oh and money) for our own stuff.

xGolfGirlx

Banned
Jul 15, 2011
I never feel like I shouldn't have had kids. I wish I had a nanny to watch them sometimes though. :) Some people are not made to be parents. You should've been more careful. You made the bed... now you have to lie in it.