Does she not like him ?...

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
TabascoNatalie said:
You did not say where do you live. There could be some cultural/regional peculiarities.
The race issue... Could be true, could be not. It is extremely hard to prove, because nobody would ever admit things like that. Is he the only mixed kid in whole class?

As for somebody hitting your son. That's bullying, it is a hot button that teachers really like to avoid.
We just recently moved to a small town of Texas .And yes he's the only mixed kid in the class .

I think she should have sent me an email to let me know about the hitting , but no emails . Last week , my son bumped head with another student who happened to be our neighbour , his mom texted me asking me if my son was okay because her son is okay and that she got a call from school about they bumped heads during PE . But i never did get any call about that either ..

Tiggeroo

PF Regular
Feb 13, 2013
cybele said:
One single act does not warrant the definition of bullying.

Tiggeroo, in response to your question about how we dealt with Sunny's behaviour. She was in trouble for two reasons
1. Her behaviour in class
2. Lying to us, which I take very seriously, I do not tolerate lying

We worked with the school regarding her behaviour, she missed out on many lunches and recesses doing extra work for the teachers, she was permanently separated in the classroom, her own desk away from all the fun and the following year it was ensured she was not placed with one single friend in her classroom, such are privileges one must earn with positive behaviour.

At home she was on a short leash until she could prove that she could be trusted again, no one trusts a liar. I certainly don't.
Did it help her behavior doing all extra works and missed out on lunches and recesses ??
Over here , when my son gets his clip moved to orange , then he will lose recess , but they don't do anything during that missed out recess . He said they just have to sit by the wall , that's all .

nwcrazy

PF Enthusiast
Aug 28, 2011
Tiggeroo said:
We just recently moved to a small town of Texas .And yes he's the only mixed kid in the class .

I think she should have sent me an email to let me know about the hitting , but no emails . Last week , my son bumped head with another student who happened to be our neighbour , his mom texted me asking me if my son was okay because her son is okay and that she got a call from school about they bumped heads during PE . But i never did get any call about that either ..

You know, I'm not going to dismiss the race issue so easily. But there is no way of knowing for sure.

I'd think about moving to a place where there are more diversity of kids. My D is a mixed kid who attends a public magnet school. About 70% of the kids are White..and the rest are of various minority groups. So the teachers and students are used to interacting with all kinds of people.

My 2 cents