Drama Drama Drama.......ugh...

sbattisti

PF Fanatic
Jun 14, 2010
It seems like all of this is over and done with for now, but I'll add my two cents in favor of keeping careful records in case of future legal action, and washing your hands of everything. There's just nothing at all to be gained here.

And that goes for the future, too. You and your entire family need to agree that no matter what gets said, you will just record and ignore it. If they spew venom to someone else, do NOT defend yourself, unless it's to say, simply, "We don't see it that way, but it's a personal matter and we'd prefer not to discuss it."

You have to realize, too, that in mis-communications like this, it's often the case that people simply have different understandings or recollections. Your posts are filled with claims that they're <I>lying </I>or they're just awful people<I>. </I>You can tell from the posts that they're most likely not lying. They just believe <I>their version</I> of events, and think <I>you're </I>lying and awful. Both sides think they're in the right. It happens.

You guys have acquitted yourself of any blame by saying that she had the opportunity to sign. But chances are pretty good you missed an opportunity to handle <I>something </I>more smoothly along the way, and you should be open to that, and not focus so much on blame and "winning the argument." Despite getting angry at all of the mudslinging on Facebook, you guys are basically doing the same thing here (and on the FB thread, of course), talking about how pathetic she is. Just my two cents, sorry if that sounds mean. :(

Also, I wasn't quite sure about this, but it sounded like you were considering talking to a lawyer . . . why, exactly? To sue them for threatening? I would STRONGLY recommend against talking to a lawyer unless it's simply in response to them if they continue harrassing you further. Why would you spend your time and money prolonging this??

Quite frankly, the whole thing read a bit like a Jerry Springer episode transcript, and not one person on that thread really acquitted themselves particularly well. The whole thing was, honestly, a bit embarrassing to read.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over with for now, and I hope guys you enjoyed your anniversary! :)

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
sbattisti said:
It seems like all of this is over and done with for now, but I'll add my two cents in favor of keeping careful records in case of future legal action, and washing your hands of everything. There's just nothing at all to be gained here.

And that goes for the future, too. You and your entire family need to agree that no matter what gets said, you will just record and ignore it. If they spew venom to someone else, do NOT defend yourself, unless it's to say, simply, "We don't see it that way, but it's a personal matter and we'd prefer not to discuss it."

You have to realize, too, that in mis-communications like this, it's often the case that people simply have different understandings or recollections. Your posts are filled with claims that they're <I>lying </I>or they're just awful people<I>. </I>You can tell from the posts that they're most likely not lying. They just believe <I>their version</I> of events, and think <I>you're </I>lying and awful. Both sides think they're in the right. It happens.

You guys have acquitted yourself of any blame by saying that she had the opportunity to sign. But chances are pretty good you missed an opportunity to handle <I>something </I>more smoothly along the way, and you should be open to that, and not focus so much on blame and "winning the argument." Despite getting angry at all of the mudslinging on Facebook, you guys are basically doing the same thing here (and on the FB thread, of course), talking about how pathetic she is. Just my two cents, sorry if that sounds mean. :(

Also, I wasn't quite sure about this, but it sounded like you were considering talking to a lawyer . . . why, exactly? To sue them for threatening? I would STRONGLY recommend against talking to a lawyer unless it's simply in response to them if they continue harrassing you further. Why would you spend your time and money prolonging this??

Quite frankly, the whole thing read a bit like a Jerry Springer episode transcript, and not one person on that thread really acquitted themselves particularly well. The whole thing was, honestly, a bit embarrassing to read.

Anyway, I'm glad it's over with for now, and I hope guys you enjoyed your anniversary! :)

I know its a bit hard looking from the outside in to a situation, not knowing the people or anything, but this started a looooong time ago.

When she first found out I was pregnant, she threatened to come to our friends wedding and kick me in the stomach....I said nothing.

Then she proceeded to email and harass me saying how I was a b*tch, and blah blah blah.....I said nothing.

And when she threatened to send her boyfriend over to our house and kick the crap out of us!?.....I said nothing.

But when her sister and her mother said stuff about my child!? How could i NOT say anything!

It may not have been the right thing of me to say anything about her, but for the past 4 years, she has done nothing but degrade me, say stuff about me to close friends, and I was just bout sick of it.

All I was trying to do when I responded to her was tell her what we did from our end (legally with the bankruptcy) and we never hid ANYTHING from her about what was happening with the truck. She didn't want to take it over, so that was that, she made her bed, and she was a grown adult and knew the consequences when she signed the papers of what might happen if he couldnt make payments, or if they split up.

I was a little choked when i read your post, I'll be honest. It may seem like a Jerry Springer episode, but we have stayed quiet, and kept to ourselves, and THEY decided it would be a good idea to degrade my husband for everyone to see, honestly it was a very immature action on their part.

All I was trying to do when I posted this, was to get opinions on if what was said to my husband in the first place was grounds for harassment/slander, cuz I am not taking this one from the sidelines, its bout time she owns up to her responsibility. My husband was bankrupt for nearly a year (and laid off from work for a good portion of it as well), without a drivers license,so I was his taxi service--we struggled, cried, fought, and almost lost our minds, but he lived up to his responsibilites in the best way he could. But I do understand your input. When we knew that the truck had to go back to the dealership the first thing we did was talk to Dodge, and they said they would contact her. Then WE went out of our way to email her and talk to her in person about it, we also talked to pete's lawyer about it, and she said we had done all we could do by talking to the dealership and talking to her,so we left it at that.

Anywho, Xero, can you do me a favour and close this thread :) cuz I've cried enough over this whole situation, so it would prolly be best if nothing else gets said about it. If anything else happens I will update ya'll.

And yes we did enjoy our anniversary, quietly at home :)

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Its ok s!! I guess today was just a bad day for me, and for some reason ur post just hit the wrong cord. No hard feeling, I really appreciate ur input. Don't feel bad! Please! Its just a stupid situation all together and I hope they leave us alone.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
xox.ilu.xox said:
Anywho, Xero, can you do me a favour and close this thread :) cuz I've cried enough over this whole situation, so it would prolly be best if nothing else gets said about it. If anything else happens I will update ya'll.
Yeah no problem. :) You can always PM me if you want to re-open it at any time, too.

sbattisti - I think I see where you were coming from with all of that, and the whole situation was really immature but in all fairness, almost all of the immature behavior was definitely on the part of those other people, and unfortunately all of us have to deal with immature situations (and people) at some points in our lives. Its a pain, no one likes it, but you can't force logic and maturity on a situation. All you can do is stay cool and blow it off. I think Michelle did pretty good, but who's perfect you know? I know I have a hard time not defending myself. Sometimes any situation can get ugly and embarassing no matter how you deal with it. :/ What could she do? People like that cannot be dealt with in any ideal manner IMO.

But I HONESTLY don't mean to say something in reply to one of your posts and then close the thread (thereby cutting you off in a way) on purpose, so I hope it doesn't look like that. :eek: I just happen to be in the thread with ilu's request for me to close it at this moment. Sorry if that looks funny! :p I mean no offense.