Everyone else is doing it...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I have recently noticed a couple of other forums having best advice for the month contest. I think the last one, winner got a lowes gift card. Just thought I would throw it out there. Might get more people to post.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I don't know about Lowe's though, I don't know what I would buy there haha. I would have to say like Wal-Mart or something. And what do we do if like, AmyBelle or Jeremy+3 won? What if they don't have a Wal-Mart and how do we ship a gift card overseas?? lol

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
That was just what they did. We could do anything. A PF shirt. Or even a new poop chart for jeremy.

how do we ship a gift card overseas??
Sea gull. Jeeez.

Its not a big deal really just takes more stamps and time.

It was just a thought.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
good idea.:) but still how do ya reward someone for something like this. who has to pay for it and all..
maybe ask some other forums how they are handling it???

one idea would be to pay for a gift card from a store in their area.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
I was just poking around in the other forums. I'm not a member. I would never cheat on PF.

Fallon correct me if I'm wrong.

I "think" PF generates some income for the owners. That's why the new homepage and the goggle ad bars are here. The other forum and in this one I was only talking about something very little in the grand scheme of thing a 25 $ card a shirt or whatever. People just like winning stuff and they also like a chance to be recognized (PF celebrity)

It cost money to run a forum like this so it would have to generate at least some income. So there is money somewere. I "think" the amount of income is based largely in part to the number of "clicks" to a add on the forum. So it benefits the owners to have more and more active members.

I could be completely misunderstanding how this works.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
I think the cudo and acknowledgement of being the owner of the best advice of the month is reward enough.....Ya get to put it on your siggy like employee of the month...add it to your "Flare"

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Xero said:
I don't know about Lowe's though, I don't know what I would buy there haha.
WTH? Are you a communist or something? What would I buy at Lowes? really? Lowe's is like the promised land....You could buy paint , or fertilizer, or lag bolts - a year's supply of Lag Bolts! It's not like he suggested some lame place like DSW....or Ikea

(saw a pot, needed to be stirred....)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
thats cool.

Orrrr a new car

lol it was a lawnmower forum where I first noticed it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL there is such thing as a lawnmower forum?? Hahahaha that's amazing! xD

IADad - I was thinking about putting up wallpaper. lol

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
well, you're going to need some lag bolts then...!!

See, and there are thousands of other mundane things you could get there if you had a gift card...like cleaning supplies or light bulbs, I buy most of my lightbulbs at Lowes because I know they are going to have the bulb I need. (and if I happen to pick up a biscuit cutter along they way....)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Loews in pretty much like Home Depot.

"Real Canadian Superstore?" Canada's answer to Wal-Mart?

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
just had a brainfart two seconds ago..
there are those pre-paid credit cards for mastercard, visa, and lots of others. they might work and could probably be used anywhere in the world that accepts credit....

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
thats right I forgot about that.

Isn't the currency in Canada "loonie's" or something like that.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
bssage said:
thats right I forgot about that.

Isn't the currency in Canada "loonie's" or something like that.
I think that is the $1 coin, and the Twoonie or Tooey is the $2 coin, or something like that.
Ya go to a few stores shopping and the change weighs you down like a boat anchor