Food Police...

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
Mom2all said:
Its kinda like making flat meatballs. Take the chicken brest and throw it in the food processor grind it up and mix in some breadcrumbs and an egg mix it make it into little balls and squish them then coat the outside in breadcrumbs. Bake. They taste very similar to store bought ones and u can take 2 full breasts and feed 5 kids LOL that's the best part.

I'm going to have eto try this! Thanks[/QUOTE]

LucidKitty

PF Regular
Feb 25, 2012
GavinH said:
This is just another case of our government overreaching. <I>When they declared that pizza was a vegetable </I>I knew that there was no longer any hope of finding intelligent life in DC (or our local leadership). If we are not careful we, as parents, will have no rights or authority left at all.

Vote the bums out .....
You mean it's not? :eek::eek:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I find my kid's primary school very hypocritical on this topic. Being in Australia, packed lunches are the norm, however, they have a school 'tuckshop' on fridays for lunch, where, if they choose, they can write their order on a brown paper bag, drop it off in the canteen box (with the money, it isnt exactly cheap) in the morning, then pick up their lunch at lunchtime.

At the beginning of each school year we get a long list of 'banned' items for packed lunches, most are pretty obvious:
Fizzy drinks
Lollypops
Ice cream (they dont have access to a freezer, so I dont know who was attempting to send their kid to school with ice cream)
Jawbreakers/gobstoppers
Wizz fizz
Bubblegum
Energy drinks, ie, redbull
Coffee
Berrocca

Most of that stuff is glaringly obvious (except for the wizz fizz, apparently that came about from a kid choaking on the litte spoon)

Then there is the "heavily discourged" list:
Fruit juice
Cordial
Flavoured milks
Chips/crisps
Chocolate
Lollies
Chocolate spread
White bread
Tinned frankfurts
Munchables

Then, the last list is "ideal lunches"
Fruit
Vegetables
Brown bread
Unprocessed meats
Water
Milk
Brown rice
Cheese
Yoghurt

Every year I get the list and feel like banging my head against the kitchen bench and yelling "NO SH**" its as if the school has this idea that all parents are stupid.

Meanwhile, friday tuckshop offers such 'healthy' items as pizza, party pies potato smilies, chocolate milk, vanilla cupcakes, flavoured rice crackers, tetra juice and lolly snakes. So I really dont see the logic there.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
cybele said:
Fizzy drinks

Wizz fizz

Berrocca

Cordial

Chocolate spread

Tinned frankfurts

Unprocessed meats

potato smilies,

tetra juice

lolly snakes.
If someone said I was going to have Wizz Fizz for lunch :eek:

What the heck are you all eating over there?:shocked:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Well now I want to know what youre thinking, haha.

Wizz fizz is a little packet of sherbert that comes with a teeny tiny spoon to eat it with.