H1N1 Vaccine and Infants...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
That is very unfair, here only the NHS has them, so the people who are on the at risk list all have their flu vaccine and swine flu vaccine now.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
thanks jeremy,
last week when we took the girls for their checkups, the ladies running the office explained to us what had happened. it was really upsetting.

i don't begrudge anyone for wanting to get this stuff and protect themselves. but come on... for those who are not in the risk group to take away from children????, even if i did not have kids, i'd be upset to hear about any "healthy" people getting the shot before anyone in the risk group. i won't say anything about the prisoners.

lindsey2write

Nov 17, 2009
Read and subscribe to these articles: Milwaukee Family Examiner
Get advice on your infant, toddler and even teenager. Want to know the difference between plastic and glass bottles? Find out here! Want to know which bottles are best for your baby's health? Find out! Wondering if the H1N1 vaccine is really good for your child?
Don't forget to read the book "pushed" before you deliver your baby! Read the book "Pushed" before you give birth

DreamsMayCome

Feb 3, 2009
16th ave. said:
H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine FAQ
its got some questions w/answers you might want to check out. but dh and i have been seeing on and reading in the news quite a bit of conflicting information on all the flu this season from school closings to who is getting hit the hardest.
Another good resource is the Cold and Flu tracker, this is if you want to mete out a little prevention. It's a app created by Triaminic (I work for a marketing company that has been doing campaigns for them) designed to help track trends in the cold & flu season.

H1N1 is a major problem, but it's easy to forget that, just like standard flu, a little prevention goes a long way.

zeitgeist

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2008
<r>While we're resurrecting this thread: <br/>
<br/>
<URL url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/lifestyle/ohio-health-news/kids-swine-flu-shots-recalled-not-strong-enough-449036.html</LINK_TEXT><e>[/url]</e></URL><br/>

<QUOTE><s>
</s>The shots, made by Sanofi Pasteur, were distributed across the country last month and most have already been used, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The 800,000 pre-filled syringes that were recalled are for young children, ages 6 months to nearly 3 years.<br/>
<br/>
Dr. Anne Schuchat, a CDC flu expert, stressed that parents don't need to do anything or to worry if their child got one — or even two — of the recalled shots. The vaccine is safe and effective, she said.<br/>
<br/>
The issue is the vaccine's strength. Tests done before the shots were shipped showed that the vaccines were strong enough. But tests done weeks later indicated the strength had fallen slightly below required levels.<br/>
<br/>
Why the potency dropped isn't clear. "That's the $64,000 question," said Len Lavenda, a Sanofi Pasteur spokesman.<br/>
<br/>
Young children are supposed to get two doses, spaced about a month apart. Health officials don't think children need to get vaccinated again, even if they got two doses from the recalled lots, said Schuchat.<e>
</e></QUOTE></r>