How to tell me son....

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
those are for biological fathers though aren't they? I mean I don't want to be the b&%(^ here but its VERY hard for a non biological parent to get any rights. Unless the mother is willing to do it. If she isn't then ... well again as Fallon said, its not very moderator like

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh sorry. I didn't know if he was biological or not. Maybe they will have advice though? Just trying to help. :(

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
musicmom said:
Oh sorry. I didn't know if he was biological or not. Maybe they will have advice though? Just trying to help. :(
that was very nice of you to do :) it's only been mentioned a handful of times that fooser isn't the bio dad but he is the only dad this child has and that's all that acutally matters. Any man can make a baby, it takes a REAL man to raise one

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Question
Well me and my wife seperated well she was cheating on me and admitted to it so i filed for divorce well she got pregnate by one of her other men and now we cant get it finalized untill the baby is born and dna tested but anyhow becasue of this it is causing some custody issues.We had set up an agreement before the judge and finishes agrreeing on everything in the decree but the judge wont actually sign till the baby gets here and now on 2 different occasions she has not let me have my kids when it was my assigned time i went back to my lawyers today and he filed a contempt againtst her but its 3.5 weeks away i was just wandering if there was anything i can do in the meantime to get my kids shes already had them 5 of my days i get them and now if i have to wait another 3.5 weeks without them i dont think i can do it.They are my everything and she also told me on the phone thurs that the oldest one wasnt mine and she was gonna have a test done and if she wasnt that i would never see her again and she is 7 years old and ive been the only daddy she has ever had and im also on the birth cert so how would this work out? Thanks Troy
Answer
Hi Troy~

Do you have a visitation agreement already set up? If you do, and she's refusing to let you have access to them, on your scheduled visitation. You can contact the police and they might be able to assist you in enforcing the visitation agreement. Sometimes the police will help you do this, other times they won't--it depends on each dept's policy.

If that fails, then you should see if your lawyer will get the judge to grant you an emergency hearing on this. As opposed to you having to wait almost a month. Otherwise, you might have to just bide your time and wait until you can get her in contempt of the court order.

As for her saying your oldest child isn't yours. She could be just saying this to get back at you, to hurt you. There is a law in some states (that observe this law) called a "defacto father", this means that you're the only father she knows and she's, of course, very attached to you. If you're declared a defacto parent, then that means you get the rights to her just like a biological father does. You would get her for visitations, pay child support, etc. You would legally still be her father. A court has to determine that though. Ask your lawyer if your state has a law regarding the "defacto father/parent." So you may still have a legal right to her, even if you're not her bio-father.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Divorce-Issues-1626/Visitation-Rights.htm[/URL]

I found this.....maybe he can get rights during the divorce hearing!!! I hope he gets the attorney first. Oh man, I am praying hard for him and that little boy.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
you didnt know, no big deal. It was very nice of you to look up those sites regardless!
And yes it does take a real man to raise a child as if it were his own. And that boy is lucky to have Fooser

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
You girls are the best.

You even found the hot Lindsay pics, instead of the cheap trashy ones.

*tear*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
We're "Fooser's angels"! (hahaha get it, Charlies angels)....hahahaha *looking around*hahahaha *non one laughing*.......*walking away with head hung low* :(

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Wanna hear something funny that cheered me up?

She took $1k from our account without telling me on Friday. So obviously I had to close it and move it into a save place until we can figure out everything and be fair. I did that first thing yesterday morning.

She went to the bank yesterday again to take even more money and transfer it into her own and she found out there was no more!

I wish I was there to see the look on her face.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
FooserX said:
Wanna hear something funny that cheered me up?

She took $1k from our account without telling me on Friday. So obviously I had to close it and move it into a save place until we can figure out everything and be fair. I did that first thing yesterday morning.

She went to the bank yesterday again to take even more money and transfer it into her own and she found out there was no more!

I wish I was there to see the look on her face.
I have to say it....what a F***ing B****, I also wish you could have been there to see her face

PreSchool Mama

PF Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2008
fallon said:
that was very nice of you to do :) it's only been mentioned a handful of times that fooser isn't the bio dad but he is the only dad this child has and that's all that acutally matters. Any man can make a baby, it takes a REAL man to raise one
Absolutely. Fooser, I don't know much about your family situation, but I feel for you. I hope everything works out the way you want it too.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
We're "Fooser's angels"! (hahaha get it, Charlies angels)....hahahaha *looking around*hahahaha *non one laughing*.......*walking away with head hung low* :(
You stay away from my Foos. He's mine!

*tosses him over her shoulder and runs like hell*

SpitNCobra13

PF Fanatic
Oct 21, 2007
Upper Midwest
I would consider, and maybe bring up with your lawyer, the situation with the physical abuse you mentioned earlier. That could possibly help you legally, as far as rights to see him, or maybe even a partial custody. With the way you describe your wife, and the hitting, she really isn't fit to raise Bradley. Make sure you keep him first in all of this, even while she does not. Good luck, and I feel for you going through this.