kids say the darnedest things...

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
This one deserves it's own post. This is something my 5 year old niece said...

She was 'scratching' around in her pants and my sister told her that that wasn't polite, and asked if there was a problem.

"No, I just have an itch"

"Honey, don't do that, it's just not nice."

My niece sucked in her breath in surprise and her eyes got huge and she said

"IS THERE A HOLE DOWN THERE??!!!???"

This is when my sister realized that she had her hand not only in her pants :D And asked her to go wash her hands.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
stjohnjulie said:

She was 'scratching' around in her pants and my sister told her that that wasn't polite, and asked if there was a problem.

This is when my sister realized that she had her hand not only in her pants :D And asked her to go wash her hands.

:eek: oh my goodness.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
Practicing her song for her "preschool" graduation at her daycare:

"God bless a miracle,
Lamb that I love . . ."

I can't bring myself to correct her.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
My oldest and I were talking about 'business'. I just bought the store his dad owned and now he thinks that I'm rich. I told him that I was actually very broke now because of debt. He said,

"What's the point of owning a business if you don't have any money to pretend to be the tooth fairy?"

He lost a tooth recently and I told him the tooth fairy didn't have any money for him... :( One magical creature is dead. At almost 10, he had a good run with her, but now he knows that I can sneak in his room when he is asleep and dig around under his pillow without him waking up.

Stockton2007

May 24, 2011
my son is trying to understand the concept of "today" and "tomorrow" and he calls it "this day" and "wake up day". guess he is referring to when he wakes up.

detty

PF Regular
Aug 12, 2009
stjohnjulie said:

My 2 yr old daughter is starting to do this in the bath. She advertizes it to: look what I'm doing daddy? To which I just say "That's nice, baby" and then try to change the subject. I don't want to tell her its wrong - I don't believe in that - but at some point I'm going to have to tell her she can't do it in front of other people.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Ds2 this morning, as I was waking him and getting him dressed asked, "So, how was your evening?" I smiled.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
My daughter woke up this morning, came into the den where I was working on the computer, and started singing her original song.

This is the Mom Song
Cuz moms are great
Moms are better than chocolate cake.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
MomoJA said:
My daughter woke up this morning, came into the den where I was working on the computer, and started singing her original song.

This is the Mom Song
Cuz moms are great
Moms are better than chocolate cake.
lol, cute!

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
I was making a salad and gave my 3yo a piece of spinach and asked her how she liked it.
With a look of disgust, her reply..."Not my favorite"

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ElliottCarasDad said:
I was making a salad and gave my 3yo a piece of spinach and asked her how she liked it.
With a look of disgust, her reply..."Not my favorite"
ha, yeah, around our house, we strongly discourage the use of the word "hate," so the standard response from our kids in situations like this is, "I'm not a fan of that."

detty

PF Regular
Aug 12, 2009
On the weekend:

The phone rings. I pick it up.

"hello... hellooo..."

And finally:

"Good afternoon, sir, may I please speak to Mr. Shah."

I hang up (as I usually do).

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter asks "telemarketer?"

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
LOL @ the telemarketer question :) That was too cute.. it doesn't take long before they already know what you're thinking, eh?

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
We were going through the normal "I love you to the moon and back," phrases until she stumped me with

"I love you to another galaxy and back."

I don't know where she picked that one up.

MomoJA

PF Fiend
Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure if this is even funny, or if I should be disapproving.

She fell asleep as we were driving to my HR department. It was important that I complete the task at hand as soon as possible, so I just carried her into the building and walked through the halls, nodding at various people who quieted their conversations as they saw me approach. Suddenly, she popped her head up and proudly said, "I can't believe you fell for it. I was pretending so that you would carry me."

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
MomoJA said:
I'm not sure if this is even funny, or if I should be disapproving.

She fell asleep as we were driving to my HR department. It was important that I complete the task at hand as soon as possible, so I just carried her into the building and walked through the halls, nodding at various people who quieted their conversations as they saw me approach. Suddenly, she popped her head up and proudly said, "I can't believe you fell for it. I was pretending so that you would carry me."
as family lore goes, my sister apparently did that with my dad. She "fell asleep" in the car, and he carefully carried her in, in the darrk, up the stairs, to her room and once there she jumped down and said "thanks dad!" It was the last time she was carried from the car...