kids say the darnedest things...

Andrea Brown

Jan 5, 2012
Oh, that's too cute!

Sallyskidshop said:
I love what children say that indeed can be very funny without realising it. One day my husband and I were playing scrabble, he said that he didn't like his tiles, quick as a flash miss 6 turned to him and said "Life's tough!" We couldn't keep a straight face.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
My son, then about 5, was sitting at the kitchen table holding his great grandma's hand. She was, at that time, about 85 years old. He looks her in the eye with a serious and sympathetic face and says... "oh Grandma, your so old we can never iron all those wrinkles out" :p

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
An elderly couple (80's) came by sunday to give the kids some valentines gift bags. They used to live in our house and just moved a few blocks away and being a small town you know everybody! It was very sweet of them and the kids got some small toys, stickers, coloring books and candy. They were excited and thankful and were jumping around their legs like a pack of dogs (my kids are animals).

Well it just so happens this week in preschool the focus is on DENTAL HYGIENE.

Now picture the mouth of an 80-something year old man without dentures.

Okay.

So my DD says "I better brush my teef after I eat this candy so my teef dont look like yours!"

Im horrified, hoping he doesnt understand what she said, as he is leaning over and saying "What?" and DS is now bouncing around in front of him trying to look at his face saying "Why are your teeth that color?! Why are your teeth that color?!"

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Apparently when I was a young boy (dont remember exact age, but was around 4-5 yrs old), one Sunday morning I was outside playing in the yard near my parents when our next door neighbor, a retired methodist minister asked me if I was going to church this morning, I replied with " Hmph, I've got better things to do with my time"...my mother said she was mortified