Low Rise Jeans Solutions...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I got this idea from another thread.... What do you do to avoid/correct the fit of little girl jeans? Most of my DD jeans are size 6reg little girl jeans, most have an elastic back. All of her pants will show butt crack when she's playing. My solution... a belt. I wear low rise jeans and my butt crack would be showing all the time too if I didn't wear a belt. The belt keeps the pants from sliding down.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
the belt works well to keep dd's pants up but then she has a had time getting her pants off to go potty

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My DD refuses to wear low rise pants. If/when she does wear them they drive her crazy because she is always trying to pull them up around her waist. Then she'll pull them off all frustrated claiming, "These are SO uncomfortable!" LOL! (BTW, she's 9.5 and wears a size 6x-7.)

Personally, I prefer midrise, but do have a few pair of low rise jeans. The low rise ones I have aren't very low. The real low rise ones just aren't flattering to my over 40 figure. And yes, I wear a belt. Otherwise I'd need to hike them up all the time. LOL!

Me in my Levi's low rise jeans. Yes, there is a story behind this pic.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
fallon said:
the belt works well to keep dd's pants up but then she has a had time getting her pants off to go potty
True. My DH has this belt for work that has a velcro clousure. Like below but DH is black nylon. Functionaly VERY cool fashionably not so much. Any hoo why do they not make this type of belt for kids? Kids master velcro right away. Plus a belt like that would last a long time size wise and be super durable. Any one seen a belt like that for kidos?

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Kaytee said:
well if my hips look like that at "over 40" then praise the Lord!!!
LOL, Kaytee! That's the point DH was trying to make when he took this pic. I made a comment about having a big butt and hips. He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed the camera. He took a butt shot as well :rolleyes:, but I'm not posting that one. LOL!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol Trina, you look good girl, don't you fret!!!

I also think that velcro belt is well... not hte best looking, but make it pink with some glitter and walaa I would put it on my daughter

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I agree...velcro would be a great answer...we use belts at home but I worry about them for school...I would hate for her to have an accident there

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
I have found jeans that are not low rise at various points and I stock up when I can. Otherwise my kids wear the long tank tops over jeans. It is so ridiculous trying to find non lowrise jeans. My poor kids inherited my ghetto booty.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
As I mentioned earlier, my DD won't wear low rise jeans. I've found classic rise jeans for her at Old Navy and Children's Place.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
we get the classic rise from the childrens place also...they have some really cute one that don't show butt

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
fallon said:
we get the classic rise from the childrens place also...they have some really cute one that don't show butt
LOL! Yes, those are the only jeans my DD will wear.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
Old Navy is where I get most of the kids jeans but my mom also got some classic cut at Mervyns and Penneys at Christmastime.

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Low rise jeans are my vice! I don't think I own a pair that aren't low rise. Some of them are actually extra low rise.

I do know that the Gap sells "curvy" jeans. They go in at the waist and out in the hips. It prevents the gap in the back and the movement of the pants.

Ladies, the best jean EVER is the LONG AND LEAN. All of you should own a pair. And since Oprah wears them you know they're good.

Also, Sevens and True Religions are excellent. (If you want to spend $200+)

I don't want any of you wearing mom jeans. It's unacceptable.

<YOUTUBE id="AVESRceJL5k" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVESRceJL5k">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVESRceJL5k</YOUTUBE>

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
No MOM jeans here! LOL! Well actually, I think I still do have a couple pair in the back of my closet. Tapered jeans used to be in style, believe it or not! The jeans I wear currently are mid or low rise boot cuts or flares. I happen to have a pair of Gap Curvy jeans, but they're not my favorites. They fit OK but aren't real comfy and don't do my butt much justice.

I love jeans and clothes, but as a SAHM, I simply can't spend a lot of money. I would LOVE to get a pair of Silver jeans, but choked at the price. :eek:

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
that was a great video Penn! I learned and was entertained all at the same time! lol

Ok I still don't get the long and Lena jean though, it looks like low rise boot to me? Are they that different?

I wear one pair of skinny jeans, but I pass!! lol I'm only 110 so I guess I'm a skinny bitch! lmao
But my prefer cut is low rise boot though.

I'm with trina, I cna't afford to shop at the Gap, unless its on clearance lol, then maybe. Heck who am I kidding I can't afford Ross!!! lol

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Kaytee said:
that was a great video Penn! I learned and was entertained all at the same time! lol

I'm with trina, I cna't afford to shop at the Gap, unless its on clearance lol, then maybe. Heck who am I kidding I can't afford Ross!!! lol
Since you're in Texas, I know there's a million Gap's around. Full Price shopping at the Gap might be a stretch, I completely understand that. It's easier for men to shop because men's stuff is always on sale, women have to dig a little harder to find stuff.

Kaytee, what would be the max that you could spend on a pair of jeans for yourself? In terms of regular sticker prices, the cheapest at the Gap is probably like $49.50 . . . maybe, I dunno, I don't shop anymore. I married a penny pincher. UGH! Anyway, the most expensive jeans are around $69.50 . . . I think . . . well, if it's a regular Gap store then yes, but if it's a XL store or a store in a more bigger market then they have the really good stuff. Ignore some of the store terminology, I used to be an assistant manager at the Gap. lol

Do you think you could swing between 30 to 45 bucks? Cause when I went visited my old Gap they had some great markdowns. The best way to shop at Gap is clearance to honest with you.

Whenever I go into Nordstrom, my mouth waters over the jeans, but Nate would murder me. Fortunately, I got a Nordie gift card for xmas so I'm getting me some True Religions! I get excited thinking about it.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Just did a search for True Religion jeans. Holy Crap! The ones I like are $306! :shocked: NO WAY! Even when I was working, that would have been much too much! Yikes!