Mini-Condoms for 12-Year-Olds?!...

Whats your take?...

• Better safe then sorry...

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • This is crazy!...

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I do not care either way - my kid is perfect and will not have sex till married *wink*...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MorrisM

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
west of the Rockies
Father_0f_6 said:
I'm starting to think you're just here to cause trouble. But here goes anyway.

All schools here only teach abstinance, and in my opinion that's not a good idea. Yes I know it's my responsibility to teach my children about sex, and I shouldnt leave it up to the school system to teach them. But some parents arent that smart, some kids dont have parents that care enough to do that.

If all you teach your children is abstinance abstinance abstinance, then there is going to be trouble. Believe me, I've been there.
We never forced abstinence on our son when he was growing up, we simply told him the facts of life and encouraged him to abstain. One thing we never did was encourage him to be promiscuous, or teach him that sex is perfectly fine anytime just as long as "protection" is used.

He is now in a committed relationship and recently became engaged.

There was no trouble with him whatsoever; so please tell me what I did so wrong.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
I think FO6 was reffering to his own life there, not yours...

I mean sure, you know what, for another take on the situation, I fucked everything that moved from the age of 14 and onwards, BUT I always used protection, because my dad made damn sure I kenw about it, and hey, no kids until my 30's and never had an STI of any definition.

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
I also teach my kids the facts of life but encourage them to abstain. None of the 4 oldest have really listened when we encourage them to abstain but that's beyond the point.

Here's an idea - how about teaching children that abstinence is the best way to avoid pregnancies and diseases? Nah, guess that would be too sensible.
Of course we teach our children that. But as a child I was taught abstinance ONLY and I had a daughter at 16, so I think abstinance only programs are POS programs that do absolutely nothing for children.

MorrisM

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
west of the Rockies
AmyBelle said:
I think FO6 was reffering to his own life there, not yours...

I fucked everything that moved from the age of 14 and onwards
Do you use profanity like that around your kids?

In any case, revealing how promiscous you were on a public forum for the whole world to see says a lot about you.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
MorrisM said:

In any case, revealing how promiscous you were on a public forum for the whole world to see says a lot about you.
No, but my kids dont make a habit of frequenting parenting forums. The extent of their computer usage is one draws pictures on ms paint and sets them as the desktop background and the other tries to eat the mouse.

Im open about it because im not ashamed of myself. I dont think that sex should be something that is shoved in a dark corner never to be spoken about, I was also a burlesque dancer, again, I have no shame in revealing that. Its a part of life, and its a part of life that many young people are very confused about because so many people shove it deep in a dark corner. Thats how I started out, I wanted in on this horrible forbidden thing, I wanted to be rebellious and go against what all the teachers were saying and be the 'cool kid' I was just lucky enough to have a dad who cottoned on very quickly and said "Right, she's doing it, I may aswell make sure she's safe"

Believe me, ive done alot of very stupid things in my life, but keeping my mouth shut about them and pretending they never happened dosent get anyone anywhere, you can be sure that when my girls are at the age where theyre going to have sex on their brain, theyre going to know the facts, and yeah, I probably will throw in the whole "Yeah you know what, mum actually knows what she's talking about here" thing. Sheltering them isnt going to do them any good.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
:swoon::yikes::twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:
bssage and jeremy, great comeback!!!:award:
those things look just like finger condoms
Finger cot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

back to op, i agree with everyone that says better safe than sorry.:cool:
:angry:morris: you should be Ashamed of yourself! not even willing to try to understand another's point of view. what's the use of even trying to debate something if you wont give others' opinions a chance and second thought or try to see where they are coming from????:mad:

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
MorrisM said:

How freaking rude!

Jeez, I think this forum is about having open minds and talking about things, not degrading people because you want to!

side note, i thought when you are banned, you cant post anymore ?!?!:yikes:

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah he wrote that before he was banned.

Really that was so stupid because we're all adults and probably all of us swear and there's no reason we can't talk about sex.

All that what he said means, is that he has no idea when his son lost his virginity. :/ Saadddddddd.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
AmyBelle said:
No, but my kids dont make a habit of frequenting parenting forums. The extent of their computer usage is one draws pictures on ms paint and sets them as the desktop background and the other tries to eat the mouse.
My nomination for "Best Response Post of the year!"

Emily32

Mar 5, 2010
I think the idea behind it is just and reasonable, but in todays culture sex plays to big a role and the thought sickens me, but it is because of are modern sexual culture that we have this problem...