Music-dad...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't know if you can watch it but Journey is going to be on the Ellen show today. It comes on here 10 Eastern. They have their new singer. I'm interested to see how they blend. This is the third or fourth singer I've seen them with. I wish they would stop trying to find the Steve Perry sound. It can not be duplicated.
This new guy sounds good only on one song but doesn't have THAT sound on any other.
This new guy is from a band called The Zoo and Journey (the band) found him off of you tube.
Anyone else going to watch it with me?

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Sure, I'll watch it with you...I agree that there is only one Steve Perry, they have had a few close ones but Steve is the king. Just checking out The Zoo, he is pretty close, nice tone, solid pitch, he'll at least cut the mustard, but his pronunciation is a little odd and in his cover band he actually got some of the words wrong in Faithfully he says "and lovin' a music man ain't always was supposed to be"....should be: "what it's supposed to be" (it was my wedding song).

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Arnel Pineda....short little guy, so far from the clips Ellen show, he seems to be stuggling a bit on the extreme higher notes....Perry never did.

It's like Journey are now a clone act of themselves :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I didn't want to watch the clips to spoil it. I wanted to see it on the show. This is a rerun I think but I missed it the first time. I remember the Bush girl calling her dad a while back.
I don't like Arnels accent either. I don't have much respect for the band because they are milking it. Steve Perry doesn't want to be in the band so it's like they are throwing a hissy and doing it anyway. They should have formed a new band with a new singer.
I saw Journey with the second Steve and even met the guy and it was fun to relive it all but it did not hold my attention long. It was literally like going back in time. There was no show to it, no stage performance.
If Arnel leaves I wonder if this will be it.
For some reason Steve Perry does not want to be with that band so if he doesn't like them neither do I. lmbo

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
(What I have been lead to believe)

Perry hurt his hip years ago on vacation and wanted time to heal, the rest wanted to tour...so he said "bye".

That and the fact that he always felt like an outsider in the band.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Perry may have faked the hip injury. Some say that his voice just can't get the high octaves it used to.
Trust me when I say I've kept up with Steve Perry. That is one fine man!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Oh noooooooooooo way. He is horrible! He was trying way to hard and sounds really bad. I wouldn't even take their cd for free! What a bummer.
I bet Steve Perry is laughing his butt off

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
The last song seemed to me like a combination of a few older Journey songs, started out like Faithfully, bit of Open Arms in there....I think they're running out of ideas. One thing I loved about them is their ability to go forth, now I feel they're standing still.

How did you like Separate Ways?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
They didn't do seperate ways. They did faithfully and I didn't recognize the last one but it was only a few seconds of the song and the show was over.
Ellen comes on here at 10am. My soap Days comes on at 1pm so I can usually go online and get a spoiler. lol
Man........I'm bummed. I can not say I love journey any more :( It's over. I don't really care for Steve Perrys solo projects either. Hmmmm I guess I'll just stick with Boston and Kansas forever. Journey is offically sold out in my book :*(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I never got into Van Halen. I saw David Lee Roth once on tv and I thought he was a wierd drug addict. There is something majorly wrong with him.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
<YOUTUBE id="-WCS5zO7-9E" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCS5zO7-9E">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WCS5zO7-9E</YOUTUBE>
Them now

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
<YOUTUBE id="zRGh2cbzCoI" url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGh2cbzCoI&amp;feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGh2cbzCoI&amp;feature=related</YOUTUBE>
Great now David is a comedian. Sad