Music-dad's Online FREE Music Lessons...

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
I will teach your kids (and you) to play music.

The reason I'm doing this, is simply because I love it here.

Online FREE Music Lessons, (I'm Not Kidding)

Give me some time to set it up, but I am going to teach you and your children to play music (believe it or not) trust me take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

It's here, It's free, all you have to do is sign in to this thread.

Seriously, This will be so much fun, for all.

OK who's interested?

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Yes...everybody get themselves a Keyboard, ( I bought my daughter a keyboard from WalMart that cost $39.95 that will work perfect, if you can afford more Sears has a beginner Keyboard for around $129 and Costco has a model for $599, any of these will work for these lessons.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Lesson will start tomorrow morning...I'm actually really excited about this...

Everyone get a keyboard of some sort....or guitar, or bass, or any other instrument you want to learn.

Bring it on!

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Music-dad ..... kudos to you.. nice to see someone contributing ...
You mainly play the keys... or multi talent? I learned the piano, but when I was into playing .. it was Sax ... Alto and Bari ... and I still have my grandfathers 1926 silver plated Martin Alto Sax ... complete with a 50 year guarantee.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
hwnorth said:
Music-dad ..... kudos to you.. nice to see someone contributing ...
You mainly play the keys... or multi talent? I learned the piano, but when I was into playing .. it was Sax ... Alto and Bari ... and I still have my grandfathers 1926 silver plated Martin Alto Sax ... complete with a 50 year guarantee.

I teach and play every instrument!, just post what instument your child wants to learn.

I will teach them, I just used Piano as an example.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
.:Kalli Rae:. said:
How would you do that online though? Wouldn't you need to be there/here to hear them and make sure they are doing it right?
Nope, I will post audio files, so the parents will know if it is right, you can also send me audio files to check, I will inform you on how to send me files.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
*as I posted, I am going to try posting music lessons here, join in, starting with piano...any keyboard (pro or toy) will be fine for now*

Good Morning Everyone.

First of all we need to get comfortable with the Musical Alphabet:

A B C D E F G *(memorize)

Notice there are 7 letters, that will repeat (like this)

A B C D E F G, A B C D E F G, A B C D E F G etc.

Also, memorize them backwards:

G F E D C B A

As piano is a C based instrument, we need to learn it like this:

C D E F G A B (C)

We will now number our fingers:

1 2 3 4 5 (thumbs are #1 in both right and left hand)

Now we need to find C on the piano, notice that the black keys are in groups of 2, and 3...find any group of 2. There are 3 white notes that surround them. Those notes are C D E.

Find all the C's on your piano and play them. The white note above is D followed by E. Place your right hand 1 on C, 2 on D, 3 on E

First basic song: (for now we will just use the finger numbers)

1 2 3 _ 1 2 3_ 1 2 3 2 3 2 1 _

(the _ means to hold that note longer than the others)

Here's some more:

1 2 3_ 1 3 2_ 1 2 3 2 3 2 1

1 1 1 2 3 3 3_ 3 3 3 2 1 1 1_

1 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 1 2 3 2 1 1 1

try making up your own

Now place your Left hand thumb on C, and try the above songs. (the notes you will be playing are C B A)

if you have any questions, just ask.