Music-dad's Online FREE Music Lessons...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
wow! What a cool post!

I used to play a guitar when I was 17-19, nothing fancy, just basic stuff. I quit when I was 19, but I would love to get back to shape :)

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
This was before my time.. never knew you were doing this :)
Lindsey is trying to learn guitar, I'd love if she could get in on this.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Kaytee said:
this is great I wish I had a keyboard right about now!
I bought one for Kayleigh at Walmart for $39, fairly big, 3/4 size keys, and would be perfect for this, and the little one will love it to, it's in the toy dept. It's called Kids Musical Fun Keyboard.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Music-dad said:
I've been slackin' a bit, but I have scanned some easy piano tunes, I will be posting very soon...as well I have some easy guitar stuff ready to go, sorry for the delay.
I do have most of the guitar chords, I guess it's the time that I'm lacking :(

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Piano - Song #1 - beginner

Ok, here is the first song for Piano called Lazy Pony, it is very basic.

Download and Print: Lazy Pony - notice there are 3 lines with a top and bottom, the top (Treble Clef) is for the RH, the bottom (Bass Clef) is for the LH, memorize their Symbols at the beginning of each line (more study on these in a later lesson). Also this song has 3 types of notes: solid black with a stem: Quarter Note - gets one beat (one click) - not solid with a stem: Half Note - gets two beats (two clicks), and large not solid with no stem: Whole Note - gets 4 beats (4 clicks).

The hand position for the Right Hand is Thumb on middle C (the c closest to the middle of the keyboard), the position of the left hand is pinky on the C below middle C, the other fingers should sit on the adjacent keys:

RH: 1-C / 2-D / 3-E / 4-F / 5-G
LH: 5-C / 4-D / 3-E / 2-F / 1-G

Start with RH only, until it feels and sounds comfortable, then move on to LH. When both are comfortable, try HT (hands together). Start at a slow tempo. Increase speed as you get better.

Audio Files (mp3)
Right Hand Only - with Metronome
Left Hand Only - with Metronome
Hands Together - with Metronome
Hands Together - no Metronome

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Guitar - Song #1 - beginner

Ok, I will be posting the sheet music for this very soon, however in the meantime here is an Audio File, of this song.

This song is a medley of Dick Dale's "Misirlou" and "Move It" (from Madagascar) and there are 2 parts to it: Rhythm & Lead (both parts will be posted as well as playalong files.

More explanation will follow, in the meantime let your "guitar slingers" enjoy the file to get used to the structure. It is intended during the "Move It" part, where it momentarily goes silent a few times that the student yells MOVE IT!

It's very easy and very FUN!!!!

Enjoy - (I arranged this for the guitar club at my daughter's school, the kids love playing it)

Misirlou-Move It

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Yep thanks! I'm gonna sit with Lindsey tonight and see if she understands.. from listening to the clip i'm wondering if she may be a little past this.. but she can start and move along with the group. She's trying to learn that song 'kiss me' and is pretty close to getting it. she's never had a lesson she's just doing it all by ear.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Cthru said:
Yep thanks! I'm gonna sit with Lindsey tonight and see if she understands.. from listening to the clip i'm wondering if she may be a little past this.. but she can start and move along with the group. She's trying to learn that song 'kiss me' and is pretty close to getting it. she's never had a lesson she's just doing it all by ear.
As this thread progresses, more intermediate and advanced music will be posted. Before you know it, we'll have piano students playing Rach 3, and guitarists playing Asturius and Classical Gas :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Music-dad said:
BTW PEOPLE Jtee is reading you PM's
The moderators only have the ability to read PMs that are forwarded to us by other parents in the forum. If a parent does not forward a PM to us, we don't have the ability to read the private communications between parents.