Name on a back pack?...

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Gotta jump in.....I would never do it for anyone in elementary, as Music dad said child safety, now older kids who have it on thier athletic/cheer bags is ok, they at that point should know better then to follow starngers.

jayman

PF Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2008
For a kid that age, seeing his name anywhere is fun - or for my kid anyway.

He used to watch wordworld a lot and one day drew a picture of himself using the letters L I A M.. it was really cool - the lower part of the L was the smile, the top part became the nose, he drew two eyes between that, the M worked great for legs, etc.

Would he dig it on underpants? Probably, but there is more value in the backpack. I want him to be excited about picking it and all the other school related stuff in hopes of having him excited about school - lame? Maybe, I dunno.

When I asked him to pick a pack he wasn't too interested, when I said he could put his name on it, he became interested, and remained so even when I told him - yes a lie - it can only be his initials.

AmyBelle

PF Fiend
Apr 20, 2008
Australia
We have to when the girls start school.

The vast majority of schools in Australia have school backpacks with the school logo, and of course, theyre all identical.

Perhaps a swing tag with his name in smaller print? Thats the norm here.

Aponder

PF Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2009
Daytona, Fl.
I wouldn't go with full embroidered anything for a kid that has to go to public school in today's day and age. I'd go with Dog Tags on a chain instead.

Jamest87

PF Regular
Jan 6, 2009
New York
Eh, I've never been a fan of kids, especially young ones, having their names on their book bags. It seems like people are sending their kids off into predator land when they do that. I'm all for cool school supplies to make school exciting, but, I'm not sold on putting kids names on things that may be used against them, and as most of us know, kids are pretty trusting when people know their names lol.

Just my opinion.