New Years Resolutions!...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I know we all say we don't make them, but actually most of us do. :p

Mine is:
- To focus less on what I lost and more on being grateful for what I still have.
- To start running again. The goal is to start doing marathons by September.

So, what's yours?

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
singledad, I wish you the best on your resolutions!

For me...well, I don't like resolutions...but if I had to pick, I'd say:

Filing stuff. I have a strong aversion to filing and tend to put it off until it is a big chore.

Washing dishes as I use them. Same as above....tend to put it off until it is a big chore. I HATE washing dishes! This one shouldn't be too tough since the hubby washes most of the time :D

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
stjohnjulie said:
Washing dishes as I use them. Same as above....tend to put it off until it is a big chore. I HATE washing dishes! This one shouldn't be too tough since the hubby washes most of the time :D

OMG! I hate washing dishes too! haha.

For me, I would say trying to quit smoking and lose some more weight (which is an ongoing thing for me haha) And even though I cant control it, I wish for my husbands ex to back off and leave us alone, she made us have a really crappy start to 2011.

Jake72

PF Regular
Dec 18, 2010
Alabama
I honestly don't usually make one, but this year I did.

I decided that my new years resolution was going gluten free. No more gluten products are going to enter my house starting the first. I already broke the rules and got a sandwich at subway. Not going to good. :)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
GOOD LUCK M2M!! :) You can do it!

I didn't exactly make one, but I have been trying to make it a point to eat healthier, and I have actually been doing a pretty good job. This baby just craves healthy food, I'm tellin ya lol.

What I'd like to say is that I want to be more active, but that's just not going to happen to any kind of extreme until after the baby is born. I look forward to trying my hardest after June though! :p

I also HATE doing dishes, which is why we are investing in dishwasher next month!! I am so excited!!! lol

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Xero said:
I also HATE doing dishes, which is why we are investing in dishwasher next month!! I am so excited!!! lol
Dishwasher's rule. :D I would go mad if I had to wash dishes every night!

Now if only someone would invent a machine that could do the ironing for me :daydreaming:

Jake72

PF Regular
Dec 18, 2010
Alabama
singledad said:
Now if only someone would invent a machine that could do the ironing for me :daydreaming:
They're called teenagers who want spending and gas money. :D

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Dishwasher??? You have to be a millionaire to have one of those fancy things here. Our water comes from the sky. So we have to be super conservative. I can do a big pile of dishes with less than a gallon of water. Electricity is really expensive, 43¢ a kw. So I don't see a dishwasher in my future.

BUT, on the upside, the humidity is high enough that I don't have to iron :)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
Dear god,
Please give me a big fat bank account and a thin body.. thanks,

P.S. please oh please don't get these two mixed up like you did last year.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LMAO Antoinette that's awesome!! Jeremy, yeah its not extremely conservative on water but you can actually buy more energy/water efficient ones if you are careful.

Julie - its weird to think that somewhere in the world there isn't enough water to just do what you want with! o.o

M2M - I have JUST the right spot to put a dishwasher haha, I have just been waiting for the right time to buy it (tax returns - woo! lol).

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
stjohnjulie said:
Dishwasher??? You have to be a millionaire to have one of those fancy things here. Our water comes from the sky. So we have to be super conservative. I can do a big pile of dishes with less than a gallon of water. Electricity is really expensive, 43¢ a kw. So I don't see a dishwasher in my future.

BUT, on the upside, the humidity is high enough that I don't have to iron :)
I'm spoiled by the fact that we have water in plentiful supply here. It cost a bunch to get a well drilled originally, but now it's essentially free and no need to worry about using it.

So, I'll be thankful for having a dishwasher.

Satori

PF Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2010
Australia
I was hoping 2011 would be the year dishes did themselves and got neatly stacked, clothes came out cleanly pressed, and pets opened cans and fed themselves. But no, not yet, may be next year. My resolution is to keep hope burning bright and let nothing less than a meteorite direct to my forehead bring me down.

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Xero said:
Julie - its weird to think that somewhere in the world there isn't enough water to just do what you want with! o.o
:) Even weirder because everywhere you look, for as far as you can see, there is nothing BUT water! You can buy desalinated water...that is what we are doing at the moment... it is $120 for about 1200 gallons. You can't drink it, but you can wash with it. Have to buy drinking water too. We do pretty good with the water. The 1200 gallons last us 6-8 weeks. I feel pretty good about that! Different way of life, but it does make you feel good about not being wasteful. I grew up in Michigan, where you never ever have to worry about having enough fresh water.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well I imagine that we have as much water as we could possibly want partially because we live right next to the great lakes. :) I can walk outside and look at Lake Erie.

It is funny to think that living on an island, surrounded by water (though its salt/ocean of course), there is a water shortage. haha

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
What is goiter? I imagine I'll google it in a minute lol but still.

The funny thing is, most people around here don't have city water. Majority of people out here have well water. My mom has one. They never ever run dry or anything. There is a problem sometimes though of people having hard water and smelly well water and stuff. I personally hate well water and prefer the city water. I know a lot of people that prefer well water though. Not only do most people around here HAVE well water, but most of them HAVE to have it and do not have the option of getting city water where they live, just due to their location. We happen to live closer to town, so we have access to city water but my mom lives five minutes up the road from me and she can't get it. Its weird! In the city (Erie) you couldn't get well water if you wanted it I don't think, but in my town and the ones around it well water is like the main thing.