Overplayed movies?...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
yunihara said:
I love Ponyo as well, but I think both movies are definitely worth the watch. Miyazaki (the director) makes a lot of wonderful movies (though not all are kid friendly). I've never seen Totoro in English, is the dub good?
I love all of his movies! I have seen most of them, but not all of them are English dubbed. :( I liked Princess Mononoke (not for kids) and Howl's Moving Castle and a few others. I like the English dub for Totoro very much! But its the only version I've ever watched as that is the only language I speak lol. I do however have the Japanese version on disc because I accidentally bought the original instead of the dub LOL (I have the dub now though).

Antoinette, if you're super interested in getting them, I'm sure you can get them off of Amazon.com if that's accessable by Australians. :D

mariebess

Dec 2, 2010
Thomas the Train shows, chipmunks, Hello Kitty shows, barnyard and the transformers (robot)

JungleMama

PF Regular
Feb 7, 2011
Good ol' Canada Eh!
My 2 boys watch "Wallace and Grommit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" over and over to the point where my oldest boy could repeat it word for word :wacko:

And.. my daughters.. Twilight, any of them *rocks back and forth shaking* Someone save me!

and just to drive ElliottCarasDad nuts!

<I><SIZE size="200">Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Toro's in the atmosphere! :biglaugh: </SIZE></I>

dcad

Feb 22, 2011
At my home it varies.

One time it was only, and i mean ONLY "Lion King" for almost two succesive weeks. I think I got that movie burned into my memory by now :p

Right now the rotation is as follows:

Toy Story 3
Open Season
The Smurf's episodes
Bob the Builder

I don't mind watching more 'mature' movies like Toy Story and Lion King etc, but stuff like Bob the Builder is killing me to watch over and over..... and over.

szerba74

Feb 26, 2011
Utah
LOL I've had this happen with the cartoon Cars. We watched this movie over and over again when he was younger. He is now 6 and though we don't watch it as much everything he has is still cars related. Though he's now starting to be more involved with other stuff like Batman and such. It's a faze he will eventually grow out of. Hugs and good luck.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Well our baby isn't due until June 29, but our currently overplayed movies without him here is Finding Nemo, lol! We enjoy that movie alot and can't wait to introduce him to it :)

Bater Star

Mar 15, 2011
No, they will never run out of movies to remake. There are a lot of other countries which make good, if not great movies. Hollywood have the technology but great stories come from every blood, not just America.

scardturtl

Apr 1, 2011
yunihara said:
I'm curious, but does anyone else have children that play a particular movie so much you've memorized it? My kids are driving me crazy :p
Every episode of Dora lol

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
My mother likes to tell stories on me of when I was little and would recite commercials like Uncle Ben's rice etc while we were shopping in the store. Apparently I told everyone we passed, the cashier and the bag boy.