Pregnancy Updates...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well I keep posting updates on myself at random in different places, and the other day it occurred to me that I should just make a thread for it all that I can keep using. :)

I can't believe it, I am five days into the third trimester already!! I feel like this little guy entering my life is just around the corner!! I can't believe how this pregnancy has flown, I swear when I was pregnant with DS1 it lasted for years lol. We are really excited and nervous. Eli is really getting the idea of what is going on, its so cute sometimes he will talk to or listen to my belly, and he says "My brother Tyler is in there".

We have the majority of what we need so far, we only still have some things that we need to get. All the big stuff is taken care of, and I have a TON of little clothes for him haha, and I have even stocked up on diapers to some extent!

I have been nesting on and off like crazy, I keep cleaning everything to death lol, and I have even done the big rediculous projects like the storage closet and underneath the beds and cleaning out cabinets and everything else. @___o I'm not sick at all, this pregnancy has been so much easier than with DS1. I was sick in the first trimester pretty bad, but they gave me meds that really helped out and I was over it in the second trimester. I am still working, and sometimes it gets hard to stand for a long time and then there's crouching down and standing back up (eek lol) but otherwise I'm still going strong. Nothing else really bothers me much other than at night, my hips are killing me and I get leg cramps. >:/ I am also peeing all the TIME (because I'm sure you wanted to know).

I swear this guy feels like he's huge and he moves a ton! I feel like an alien is trying to get out of my belly haha. Sometimes he wakes me up at night. :p My belly is HUGE I swear I can't possibly get any bigger, I can't believe I still have like 11 weeks and some days left. I'm starting to waddle around lol. But the cool thing is, my weight gain is still doing amazing! I have only gained a TOTAL of 4lbs!! 4!! lol. Its just so crazy to me because with DS I gained a whopping 45lbs! I couldn't possibly catch up to that in the next 11 weeks if I wanted to. xD Can't tell ya how happy I am about that.

Other than all that, so far everything has been completely normal, the baby looks great and has everything he is supposed to, and is measuring on track and healthy! Well I think that's it for now, I will add things as I think of them lol.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Its funny too DH really loves my ticker that I use in my signature on this forum. He always looks at it to see where we are at. Of course, a little bit ago he looked at it and the picture had moved over to where it is now and he goes "Oh crap, we're in the red now!" lol.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Wow, time does seem to have flown. It seems like just a couple weeks ago you were announcing to us.

Congrats on the good progress and the weight control (although I feel like chastizing you for not eating enough...I'm sure you're just making wise food choices and being a super conscientious mom.

We'll be on Xero's countdown in no time!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I know, its crazy!! I feel like I just found out the other day or something, and now I'm starting to worry if I have everything haha.

Actually the weight thing is a mystery to me! I have been eating whatever I want lol, and whenever I want. I expect to get yelled at for gaining too much at every appointment, but every time I step on the scale I get surprised again its really confusing. Its really okay though, my midwife says the baby is right on track and its not a big deal for me because I didn't start off that skinny to begin with (I started off pretty scrawny with DS1, not so much this time lol) and because of that my targeted weight gain is actually pretty low! I think she said because of where I started, I should only really gain lik 15-20lbs all together and I can see myself ending up right about there. We will see! :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
so, how do you feel about your midwife calling you "fat" to begin with...(at least I think that's how the female language translator works...) ;-)

Father_0f_7

PF Addict
Aug 19, 2008
F.I., Florida
"Oh crap, we're in the red now!"
haha, that made me laugh so hard, but that might be because i'm super hyper right now.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.
So, I see that you are naming him Tyler, did you ever decide on a middle name?

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
IADad said:
so, how do you feel about your midwife calling you "fat" to begin with...(at least I think that's how the female language translator works...) ;-)
Lol!! I'm not sensitive. I know that from a medical standpoint, I should weigh less. I am not offended or ashamed, I would rather my doctor/midwife always tell me the truth without worrying if they are hurting my feelings. It wasn't her opinion, it was just where I happen to fall on a chart based upon my height vs my weight, that's all. Facts are facts! :p

Father_0f_7 said:
haha, that made me laugh so hard, but that might be because i'm super hyper right now.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.
So, I see that you are naming him Tyler, did you ever decide on a middle name?
I laughed pretty hard too! He's such a nerd. I can't wait to see pictures either!! lolol. Yep, we have decided to stick with Tyler, and sadly no we have not decided on a middle name yet!! I know, I know, we should probably get on that huh. :D

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
Its funny too DH really loves my ticker that I use in my signature on this forum. He always looks at it to see where we are at. Of course, a little bit ago he looked at it and the picture had moved over to where it is now and he goes "Oh crap, we're in the red now!" lol.
This made me laugh so hard my kids looked at me like I grew a horn!!!!

So where is the baby bump pic? Hmmmm?

Tyler...such a cute name! Whats thew middle name?

As for peeing, I do not miss that, I dreaded having to go into town cause I though I was dying before I was 5 minutes away from the house. This is no lie, one time I stopped and asked to use a perfect strangers bathroom, they were very kind and let me, another time I pulled over to the side of the road and squatted, at 8 months, that is no easy feat let me tell ya!

I'm so happy that everything is going good for you Zero!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol Yeah he said he felt so much safer when the ticker was only halfway. :p I still don't have a working camera!! Anyway, you'd laugh, I'm humungous. o__o We are still thinking on the middle name! I know, procrastination at its finest lol.

I must pee like 12 times a day I swear, and sometimes when I have to go I'm pretty sure he kicks me right in the bladder which is just this most awful feeling haha.

I will be happy to be done being pregnant and have a newborn to take care of. I am kind of excited to stay home from work for a few months too. :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Your pregnancy DOES seem to be going fast! I know, it's not possible, but it just seems to be flying by. When I was preggers with Ilo, I seemed HUGE really fast and didn't gain much weight either. The second time around really is a lot different.

My house is in some serious need of nesting. So please feel free to come to the V.I. and nest up in my house! All that nesting I did went to shit in these last two months. :(

You seriously need to get a camera! Or at least make sure you have other people take some pictures of Tyler. I'm sure he will want to see his in utero pictures some day :)

Glad you are feeling well and I am so excited for you and your family!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
My birthday is on April 11th and I actually was going to buy a brand new camera last month, but I never know what to tell my mom to get me for my birthday and she HATES it lol so when she heard me mention that I was getting a new camera she told me NO and demanded that I let her get it for my birthday. So I will have a very nice new camera by my birthday! So don't worry, there will be pictures! lol

Julie - Don't tempt me to nest your house, I'll DO it. @___@ haha

Oh I would also like to add that I just got my results back for the glucose test (where you have to drink that lovely flat orange pop drink) and it was normal! Yay. :) They also retested me for iron levels and whatnot, and I am amazed to hear that they are also still normal!! I have been taking my prenatal every day so I am sure that helps, but it didn't help when I was preggers with Eli. With him I was ALWAYS anemic very bad, and every time they checked me my level was too low, they added on more iron supplements and everything and it would still come up low no matter what lol. This baby is so well behaved! :p

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
grats on the glucose test results.

It's insane that they can't make that taste better. DW barfed it last time and had to do it all over again...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh man! I remember it tasting much worse last time, I almost wondered if they changed something because it was easy to drink this time. Didn't bother me a bit. Still wasn't good in any way lol, but it wasn't horrible either.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Grats on the great test results Xero! DW just had the gestational diabetes test also (the lovely flat orange drink) and pre-eclampsia testing and both tests were negative also, so I feel your joy lol. This makes the 2nd time that she's had to drink that stuff during pregnancy because the Dr first tested early (was told for gestational, but after results came back, turned out it was to see if she had it). DW was MAD, since the only reason they tested her was because she's overweight. She just had the test done not 3 months before from her regular dr. Anyway, long story short, she told me if we have another, there's no way they're making her drink any more of that stuff than she has to (only for gestational next time)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Thank you superman! I really am excited. :) I bought a couple more important baby items yesterday. I have almost everything! Other than clothes, I really need to do some shopping for more of those. I have a good handful but not enough. I spend too much on baby stuff lol its a disorder or something. DH says I'm not allowed inside of Babies R Us by myself. :D

Incogneato - Wow, that's kind of rude!! I would be a little irritated, I mean they could have asked first and she obviously could have told them that she was recently tested for it!! I would probably be mad too. :/ That can't be an everyday practice, I mean I'm a little overweight too. Anyway I could NOT have drank that drink in my first trimester, I WOULD have gagged and thrown it up. I am just too sensitive food/drink wise during that time.

How do they test for pre-e? I don't know if I have ever been tested for that. Is it a blood test?

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah, they ran a series of blood tests to see. I believe the blood tests included a CBC, Uric Acid, and several others I am not familiar with.

Incogneato

PF Fanatic
Feb 9, 2011
Babies R Us is a fun place to go! I must admit I enjoy going, but also for a selfish reason. It's located near a restaurant called Sweet Tomatos, and we LOVE that place :)

DW is also not allowed to go without me since the last time that happened we ended up with a room full of stuff haha