Prenatal Ultrasounds. Are they really safe?...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, I didn’t read all of them, some I just glanced. I used to have a lot of great links on the subject (including CNN one with studies where mice were given the dosage comparable to what most women get) and it did show adverse affects. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;However, at some point my computer crushed, so I lost pretty much all I had about it. Then I say this post about whether to find out a gender and thought it was a good idea to post some info about it as well.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I did a quick googling (during my short lunch time) with the side-affects that I could recall as key words (speech delay, left handed, bleeding, etc). And these were the links I have posted.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Again, fooser, you still don’t get it. My intention was never to persuade anyone, but rather to let them know that there might be something to look into.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;30979"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, I didn’t read all of them, some I just glanced. I used to have a lot of great links on the subject (including CNN one with studies where mice were given the dosage comparable to what most women get) and it did show adverse affects. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="purple"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Even the smallest woman I have ever known (89 lbs) is at least 1000 bigger than a mouse. So...&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I did a quick googling (during my short lunch time) with the side-affects that I could recall as key words (speech delay, &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;left handed&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;, bleeding, etc). And these were the links I have posted.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="#800000"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="purple"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;LOL, as a lefty, I must ask, why the hell is being left handed a "side effect" Hmmm I had always thoughts side effects were NEGATIVE. I don't see anything wrong with being left handed, nor do I think for a second we are somhow "less".&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="#800080"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Again, fooser, you still don’t get it. My intention was never to persuade anyone, but rather to let them know that there might be something to look into.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="purple"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;It's always great to check out all avenues. And I am of the belief that if something makes you uncomfortable, you should ask yourself why, and try to see if you harbour some kind of subconcious bias. So in that sense I agree with you. But I am totally turned off when people spew propaganda instead of logical thought processes.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;
&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Mindy&lt;/r&gt;

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I did a quick googling (during my short lunch time) with the side-affects that I could recall as key words (speech delay, left handed, bleeding, etc). And these were the links I have posted. [/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR][/quote]

Since when is being left handed considered a side effect? :confused:

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;30979"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, I didn’t read all of them, some I just glanced. I used to have a lot of great links on the subject (including CNN one with studies where mice were given the dosage comparable to what most women get) and it did show adverse affects. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;However, at some point my computer crushed, so I lost pretty much all I had about it. Then I say this post about whether to find out a gender and thought it was a good idea to post some info about it as well.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I did a quick googling (during my short lunch time) with the side-affects that I could recall as key words (speech delay, left handed, bleeding, etc). And these were the links I have posted.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Again, fooser, you still don’t get it. My intention was never to persuade anyone, but rather to let them know that there might be something to look into.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Comic Sans MS"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;LOL yea, left handedness??&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Comic Sans MS"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;speech delay, left handed, bleeding...so these topics could have resulted you in Strokes, Genetics and Menstration. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Comic Sans MS"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I just think its common sense to read what you post, rather then just post at will.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Trina;31028"&gt;&lt;s&gt;:confused:</EMOJI>&lt;/E&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, left handed is NOT a side affect by itself. And most of the time it is genetic. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;It’s just in a study a group of kids that had frequent prenatal u/s the ratio of left handed kids was THREE times higher than usual. Which may mean that u/s does affect brain and that also means that if it can affect brain this way, it can also affect it in something else. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Trina said:
LOL, Mindy! We were thinking the same thing. :)
Yeah, posted at exactly the same time too :) Send us straight back Yulia. Staight back to the dark ages, when lefties were considered dumber, with lower IQ's and less successful in general.

Do you know how many people you could get behind you if you were a bit more understanding and less militant?

I think breast is best. 1-2 years if possible (or whatever you can and if you can't that fine, though I don't agree with breastfeeding a child over 3)

I think circumcision is wrong. But I do respect people's choices.

I think that the research regarding vaccines is not yet enough for me to draw concrete conclusions about it. In fact I read that other day that swedish scientists have actually proven that vaccination and autism have NO CORRELATION WHATSOEVER. I'm going to try and dig that up it was just the other day.

So please, allow us to come to our own conclusions. We are intelligent, compassionate people, not monsters. Please have faith that we will all do good by our children, and not that we are simply "denying facts"

Democracy is a wonderful thing my friends...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
No, left handed is NOT a side affect by itself. And most of the time it is genetic. [/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]

It’s just in a study a group of kids that had frequent prenatal u/s the ratio of left handed kids was THREE times higher than usual. Which may mean that u/s does affect brain and that also means that if it can affect brain this way, it can also affect it in something else. [/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR][/quote]

I really do think your head is made of rubber.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Mindy said:
...So please, allow us to come to our own conclusions. We are intelligent, compassionate people, not monsters. Please have faith that we will all do good by our children, and not that we are simply "denying facts"
I never concidered anyone on this forum as a monster or a person who would harm a child intentionally.

Once again, all I am saying is that there might be a good reason to look into the issue.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Once again, all I am saying is that there might be a good reason to look into the issue.[/quote]

lol...we WISH that was all you said!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;31047"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;No, left handed is NOT a side affect by itself. And most of the time it is genetic. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;It’s just in a study a group of kids that had frequent prenatal u/s the ratio of left handed kids was THREE times higher than usual. Which may mean that u/s does affect brain and that also means that if it can affect brain this way, it can also affect it in something else. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Let's see....I have twins and one is left handed and gifted and the other is right handed and an average student. They are both perfect. I had many u/s with the twins.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I think you should back away from the quick google searches seriously. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
I think you should back away from the quick google searches seriously.
you're taking things out of contest to make them look MUCH worse than they really are.
While I did do a quick google search this time, I did it because I knew what to look for due to researching this issue (together with my husband) pretty good while being pregnant with my second (but due to my computer crush I have lost the links, unfortunately).
yulia.
PS. The CNN link with the study, that I was talking about, have specifically mentioned that the mice were given u/s <U>in proportion to their size and weight</U> (comparably to what pregnant woman get)
[/COLOR]

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;30979"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Again, fooser, you still don’t get it. My intention was never to persuade anyone, but rather to let them know that there might be something to look into.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

Yulia, you don't get it, and I mean this as informative and not to belittle or insult you. You &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;are&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; trying to persuade people. You are trying to persuade them that your posts are worth reading and your links are worth looking into. You have mentioned "raising awareness" and other forms of advocacy: these are all methods of persuasion. Perhaps if you realize this you will be more effective.&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Lissa said:
She obviously has some issues she's trying to avoid.
I guess but maybe if she took some of the advice given to her, her personal life might not be difficult at this time. Just a suggestion. Not trying to hurt your feelings.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
musicmom said:
I guess but maybe if she took some of the advice given to her, her personal life might not be difficult at this time. Just a suggestion. Not trying to hurt your feelings.
She doesn't want to focus on her personal life. That would be too difficult. It's easier to focus on other things like circumcision, vaccinations, ultrasound safety, etc. I know how it works.