"natural" abortion...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Do you think it should be okay for women to give themselves abortions at home?

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Oh, I wanted to add that this is one reason I am pro-choice. If we don't give people the option to make this choice safely, we are going to start seeing young girls suffer infections, etc trying to abort at home.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Skyburning said:
Oh, I wanted to add that this is one reason I am pro-choice. If we don't give people the option to make this choice safely, we are going to start seeing young girls suffer infections, etc trying to abort at home.
That crossed my mind too, the old 'backroom abortion" argument for pro-choice. But... it's true.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well... (being pro-life) they deserve to get an infection or have medical problems if they're that desperate to kill a baby they conceived because they HAD to have sex. But that's just how I feel...not necessarily logic or anything. Maybe if the case was rape or life threatening, but besides that it's not fair when you made the choice to have sex. But I'm sorry I don't want to get into an abortion debate!!! Lol. I was just thinking, they made the choice. Especially since abortion is still legal. Maybe they just don't want to spend the money? Abortion is just easier now? :(

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Xero, that's a fair argument for adults, but becoming sexually active is becoming a pre-teens hobby it seems and they do not understand the consequences of sex as many of them are not informed by anyone.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think they know the consenquences, they also know that it can be delt with easily and without parents knowing. So what is stopping htem. Now I do blame parents for that but...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Hm... I guess that's true. It's hard to say. Although they might not be able to make the best adult-like decisions at that age, I do know that most kids learn very young where babies come from. If they know what sex is, then they know what sex does. Makes babies. But it is unfortunate what's happening like that with kids so young that don't always think rationally... I guess it's a matter of situation sometimes. When I said that, I was thinking about adults though I guess moreso than kids. Oh well.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Xero said:
Well... (being pro-life) they deserve to get an infection or have medical problems if they're that desperate to kill a baby they conceived because they HAD to have sex.
I think that there are way too many underlying factors about abortion and why people get them to use this statement so loosely.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Xero said:
But that's just how I feel...not necessarily logic or anything. Maybe if the case was rape or life threatening, but besides that it's not fair when you made the choice to have sex.
Please notice that I actually did not use the term loosely. I clearly marked in my statement that I was talking about a normal situation, not rape or life threatening (and just because I didn't mention any other possible situation didn't mean I wasn't thinking about it). I meant just an average, I can't have a baby right now I can only have sex, abortion. I made it clear what I meant. I know there are situations in which abortion makes a lot more sense sometimes. I am pro-life but I do believe there are more understandable situations than others. And I said that. :)

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
No i understand, but just as a generalized thought process, saying that you believe that someone should incure a disease or whatever because they made their bed now they have to lay in it just doesn't seem logical (which you pointed out that <I>not necessarily logic or anything.)</I>. When you have sex, yes you have to include the possibility of the risks involved with having sex. If you are uneducated about safe sex (due to lack of involvement of parents/schools) then really if one chooses to have an abortion then there really shouldn't be any discussion about it. If you think logically, with no education on the subject, or other possibilities other than abortion, its one's choice to decide to edcuate themselves, and with no influence from others or institutions (family, church, state, school) its all up to ones morals, decision, thoughts, views etc.

Sorry its all over the place i know....and yea, abotion topics get debated over, but i love having the intelligent conversations (or debates for that matter) lol

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I don't know the stats but I would bet that MOST people who have an abortion, know how it happend and "just don't want a baby right now" kind of abortions.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I feel bad for people who get diseases that are uneducated, but I just can't get the concept past my mind that someone would KNOW how to have sex, but NOT know that that's where babies come from? lol. I suppose in the unlikely event that someone decided it would be fun to put their privates on someone else's and assume nothing happens when you do so, has no idea how they as a person even exist in the first place, and somehow never found out by the age where they were old enough to discover such hormones where babies come from, then if they wanted an abortion it wouldn't be fair to say much to them. I just don't understand how that's possible. o.o

Of course, when I said that about the infection and stuff, I was talking about regular situations where people know what's going on and take the risks of aborting a baby at home even though they know it could cause harm to their body. But you know. It's just NOT natural and there never should have been a way to kill unborn babies in the first place, especially in God's eyes (not to bring in religion) so people can't expect to get away with doing such a thing without something going wrong like infection or medical problems. Sex is so important to people these days. And people are so lazy about protection (educated people!!!). What did they do back years and years ago? They were CAREFUL or they dealt with having oodles of kids. (I'd imagine).

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Skyburning said:
Kaytee I'm sure your right but for the uneducated I think its important it not be made illegal.
I am not arguing for or against the illegalization debate, but "for the uneducated" is not the way to go either.
Would that hold up for other areas as well? For example should we all not be allowed to own pets because the uneducated will abuse them? Should we not be able to buy tylonal over the counter because the uneducated might over dose on it?
again not debating the abortion thing, more of debating the reasoning on why it should not be I guess lol

Gothdad

PF Regular
Apr 19, 2008
Skyburning said:
First of all I think abortion should only be a branch covered by health insurance companies strictly for the situation of RAPE. As far as little teenage girls getting pregnant, that is a parental Issue. Its fine now days for parents to let their 13 year old son or daughter to just go over to their houses and not think twice about It. So parents dont care about their kids enough to monitor them (where their going ect.) but their gonna foot the bill when its time for a abortion. Not in our world! If you consider your life ruined because of a baby then your gonna have a pretty miserable life. You spread em you get em.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I wasn't aware that abortion was ever covered by insurance companies and I'm not sure how that got brought up?

Would that hold up for other areas as well? For example should we all not be allowed to own pets because the uneducated will abuse them? Should we not be able to buy tylonal over the counter because the uneducated might over dose on it?
again not debating the abortion thing, more of debating the reasoning on why it should not be I guess lol
There are a lot of rules society has to protect us from ourselves, actually but that's another thread altogether, lol.

What I'm saying is, it's not a 13 year olds job to educate themselves, its their parents. But it's odd that parents actually sit down and speak to their children about sex because it's embarrassing for them. And if you rely on sex ed at school that's a joke. Most either preach abstinence or give a very basic overview and skip the important details.

So kids start having sex, yes Xero..probably knowing that sex CAN lead to babies, but they don't understand the magnitude of the situation because no one has informed them. And they probably don't know how to properly use a condom..etc etc. I'm not saying abortion is great or the thing to do at all. I couldn't ever have one myself, but I do support the right to have one, and I can understand why someone would.