"Yearly fluffing"...

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
So I had my "yearly fluffing" last Tuesday. I got 2 voice mails on my cell phone (I normally have it at all times but it fell out of my purse in my truck this morning) today saying that I needed to call back and talk to a nurse. I tried to call back but it was 5:05pm and of course no one answered. So...I'm guessing that something came back on my pap since it's been exactly a week.

Should I be nervous? Should I be scared? What could be wrong?

I'm a complete over reactor and I'm really trying not to think the big "C" word.

This is the 2nd one since my daughter was born and I've heard that the first two can come back abnormal but I didn't hear that from my doctor. I would think that she would have told me.

BAH! I'm worried about my mommy parts!!!:arghh:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
eventually they started coming back fine again...I got "fluffed" (LMAO at that by the way) every 6 months

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
LOL...

Okay so it showed my post 3 times, I edited and it edited the first one.

Anyways!

If you wikipedia the word "fluff/fluffer" you might be appalled. But I find it rather appropriate. I'm also a sicko.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jrrsmom said:
LOL...

Okay so it showed my post 3 times, I edited and it edited the first one.

Anyways!

If you wikipedia the word "fluff/fluffer" you might be appalled. But I find it rather appropriate. I'm also a sicko.
haha...yeah I know that use for the word too :p

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Sorry if I lost track, aren't you the one that said you had cysts they were looking at? On your uterus or cervix? ^i^

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
lol sorry then. I can't remember the posters. I think I kinda know who it is but not sure. I hope you get ok results. If you do, the surgery is no big deal and a very nice sleep.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ok worst case scenerio. They will do a biopsy if they do find abnormal cells and depending how those come out they may do a LEEP or a conoscopy. Neither hurt. They take out the pre cancerous cells. These cells are the same cells as if you had a cancer on the back of your hand. It's not a high risk cancer and easily cured. It depends on the severity. Mild, moderate or severe displasia. If you do have it they will schedule surgery to take it out.
Ask questions about having children again and scar tissue because it can be difficult to get pg again after this surgery, not always but some.
Don't play around and wait. You can always get a second opinion.
They may do another pap to make sure there was no cross contamination which happens alot. Ask for another if you are unsure.
Wait for the biopsy to be sure, that surgery does not hurt at all. You feel nothing. Any questions I can answer I will.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I really want to cry. I have had every worse case scenario go through my head since I heard those damn voicemails.

Why do women have to deal with all this crap? Men just have to "cough."

Grrrrr.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Don't panick at all. It's actually a very simple process. There is no worst case scenerio. They cut out the small area and it's done. You can have clean paps for the rest of your life. Catch it early. She may be calling to say everything is fine. Don't worry.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
I've never ever ever ever gotten a call before. It probably doesn't help that "Aunt Flo" is coming to town soon.

I'm a freaking emotional wreck.

I want my mom. :(