"Yearly fluffing"...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I had the LEEP procedure done...it wasn't to bad. It was an out patient surgery and I was fine a couple days later. The cramping sucked but it wasn't the worst thing ever.

I am not saying you'll have to have this done, just saying it's not as scarey as it sounds

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
If you've had more then one partner in your life there is NO WAY of telling where you got it from so don't blame anyone in particular. It could have laid dormant for years. ((HUGS))

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
jrrsmom said:
Well that doesn't freak me out even more! :(
I know it is scary, but I would wait until you hear from your clinic.

I had several abnormal Paps and underwent several rounds of crytherapy, colposcopy, a D&C, and several cauterizations. While it wasn't big barrel o' monkeys, it also wasn't that bad. None of it was especially painful and a lot of it was done in my gyn's office. I had to do Paps every 6 months for a while, but I am back on a yearly schedule as I haven't had an abnormal Pap in many years.

I hope you get good news. :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The only thing I honestly would ask is how big is the area and you want to do whatever will cause the lesser of the scar tissue if you want more children that is.
Ari did you concieve after you had those? I tried five times and had all blighted ovums but they all stuck just didn't develope (totally off topic)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
jrrsmom said:
Well that doesn't freak me out even more! :(
I'm sorry I didn't mean it as a bad thing. It's just a virus, like a cold. It's very treatable. I really don't want you to be scared. I know I was when I found out too but it really was nothing to be scared of.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
jrrsmom said:
Why do women have to deal with all this crap? Men just have to "cough." Grrrrr.

You try being punched in the balls everyday by your son and see how long before you start to get annoyed!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
You try being punched in the balls everyday by your son and see how long before you start to get annoyed!
You obviously have no idea what contractions feel like.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:
Quit letting him or be smart enough to go down to his level (physically)-(you're already there mentally) and maybe he'll be up higher????? Just a thought!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
musicmom said:
Quit letting him or be smart enough to go down to his level (physically)-(you're already there mentally) and maybe he'll be up higher????? Just a thought!

I have no idea what the heck you just said.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
<r><QUOTE author="musicmom;35864"><s>
musicmom said:
</s><B><s></s>When you see him coming at you then kneel down instead of standing up. Dur dah dur<e></e></B><e>
</e></QUOTE>
<FONT font="Arial"><s></s>I guess I need to get punched a few more times before I “learn” and can see it coming. <e></e></FONT></r>

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Ari2 said:
I know it is scary, but I would wait until you hear from your clinic.

I had several abnormal Paps and underwent several rounds of crytherapy, colposcopy, a D&C, and several cauterizations. While it wasn't big barrel o' monkeys, it also wasn't that bad. None of it was especially painful and a lot of it was done in my gyn's office. I had to do Paps every 6 months for a while, but I am back on a yearly schedule as I haven't had an abnormal Pap in many years.

I hope you get good news. :)
I went through all of these too...I actually had HPV. Don't get freaked though hun everything will be OK

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
FooserX said:

You try pissing yourself every time you sneeze, bend down, cough or anything that means you have to move.

You try having a little body invade yours for 9 months. I'm not saying it wasn't worth it but there were days that my ribs and bladder and groin and ass and everything else felt like it was being stuck like a pin cushion.

You try pushing out a HUMAN through a hole that only goes to 10 cm. Yeah MOST of the time...the head is bigger. You try being ripped from your "hoohaa" to your ... yeah you know what I'm going to say.

They're just balls. It's not like you NEED them. :tongue:

So Fooser...how's your balls?:biggrin:

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
fallon said:
I went through all of these too...I actually had HPV. Don't get freaked though hun everything will be OK

Okay...so...I have HPV. I totally freaked out this morning because the nurse that told me about it had NO information at all. I was asking about my kid and if it could effect her since she was a vaginal birth, Mr. Wonderful if it was something that would effect him. Which I was afraid to even tell him. But she did reassure me that it was something I could have had for a long time and it was just now showing abnormalities.

I did find out that there are 2 strains. One that causes warts (I don't think I have this one because well...I don't have warts) and the other that can cause cervical cancer.

I go April 16th to the OB GYN to get a Conoscopy (I think that's what it was called). So...thanks everyone for letting me freak out. I appreciate it. :cute: