Re: Hello...

parentastic

PF Fiend
Jul 22, 2011
Canada
The only thing I could think of, is if they regularly get calls from angry landlords who want to eject their lower-paying government funded renters and call CSP for no good reason to use that as an excuse?

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
NeeingHelp said:
I finally reached out to family services and I mentioned Section 8... The conversation was essentially over at that point and they could not hang up on me fast enough. As far as I'm aware, nothing has been done.

We've since had threats, the man sneaks up on us from behind and touches us, and speaks loudly so we nearly have a heart attack. Again, the police and complex do not care.

So, I would just like to conclude with a warning. If you are looking at places to live, no matter how nice, no matter if they are upscale, DEMAND to know if they ever allow Section 8. If they do, walk away. It will destroy your life.

Every time I hear that child cry it kills me inside now because I know what's happening just feet away from me and there is nothing I can do about it.

I am currently looking for a new place and will move when my lease is up.
So that's it then? You give up on helping these children? No intention to call again, gather more evidence, talk to someone else, talk to a supervisor? Have you thought about calling CPS WHILE the parents are screaming and the children are crying, and putting the phone on speaker? Surely there must be more you can do?

parentastic said:
The only thing I could think of, is if they regularly get calls from angry landlords who want to eject their lower-paying government funded renters and call CSP for no good reason to use that as an excuse?
That is possible, but it would be just so, so sad. And either way, I believe that no matter how many times people cry wolf, no authority should ever dismiss any complaint, regardless of what they think of it. They get paid to follow up. Its not their prerogative to decide which complaints to follow up on and which not.