Sexuality...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
So with Sexuality being a huge part of today's society, if your son or daughter turned out to be gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered... how would you feel?
What are you views on homosexuality, bi-sexuality etc? Would your views stand in the way of your childs lifestyle?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
If luke came out to me i would not love him less, i would probably love him more knowing that he can trust me to tell me what makes him happy. I have nothing against homosexuality/bisexuality etc, and i think its becoming more and more vibrant in today's society.
I would be worried about some of the discrimination he might face later down in his life, but i would want him to be happy and comfortable with who he was.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I would not approve of his lifestyle, but of course I would still love him. He will always be my son.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I wouldn't care either way. My nephew came out a few years ago even though I knew it since he was about two. lol
My family would hit the roof if they knew half the things I've done.. ;)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I loved it when Cher, who has many gay friends, flipped out ranting\raving, throwing her daughter Chastity Bono out of the house when Chastity said "Mom I am a lesbian".... That of course was many years ago, and they both find it funny that Cher went wacko for 24 hours. Sonny Bono, a republication politician, shrugged it off as "No big deal"

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
if my child would be gay, im sure i would accept it. but transgender would not be. that isnt the same. that is changein your body to be diffrent blah blah and isnt right. you should keep your body the way God gave it to you, not changeing your gender.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
WHYTEKNYGHT2003 said:
if my child would be gay, im sure i would accept it. but transgender would not be. that isnt the same. that is changein your body to be diffrent blah blah and isnt right. you should keep your body the way God gave it to you, not changeing your gender.
I have a very sweet transgender friend. I think some people believe they are born in the wrong bodies. If my child really sincerely felt that way then I would probably grieve a bit and then be there. I would never let them be alone or abandon them for that choice. I don't think it's an easy one to decide no matter.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't think so. Does everyone around you go into the bedroom while you're having sex?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
You said they go hand in hand. Just because a person decides to become transgender doesn't mean that their "sexuality" is up front.
Plus even if they are transgender there's no telling what type of person they find attractive. So if they live as a girl they may date a male which is "normal" to society. Know what I mean? lol

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
I hope I wouldn't have a problem. And I know at least my husband's family wouldn't: his sister is in a committed relationship with another woman with whom she is raising a daughter. I hope I accept whatever path my kids take as long as they are happy, healthy, and decent people, although I know I would have trouble with some situations more than others.