Sexuality...

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
jtee said:
My wife has suggested our daughter not actively refer to the girl as being a lesbian unless the girl openly confirms that she is.

All the gay men I've met say they pretty always knew they were gay (liking other boys), but I have never had any simular conversations with lesbian woman about their sexuality when they at the middle school age.
It is very similar, to a degree. I realized my feelings were not normal in middle school. I had to be TOLD that, though. There is a certain level of familiarly at teenage slumber parties, but apparently I was TOO familiar... Its more difficult for homosexual girl to distinguish during the early teens because girl tend to be more open and comfortable around each other, more affectionate, at that age. Is it normal? Is it more than just friendly affection? A lot of girls do a certain amount of experimenting at that age to figure it out, and it is evident after that (even if there is denial for many years about it).

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
The only way my child will ever be gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered, or anything else, is if they have an issue and need to discuss it... until that time, and after that time, my child is simply my child and I love them with the depths of my soul.
I dont wish sexuality for my child, only happiness, however they need to find it

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Ivebendorf, The moderators' experience with flaming problems in this forum is that it just a few that consistently do it day after day. So we monitor those individuals very closely, but everybody has their hot button issues, and it does take a great deal of self control to handle person attacks when someone start off a post with "Screw you.....". Which by the way, is not tolerated. The moderators like to be there when it happens, but most of the time we don't get to it until it is well underway, and others have gotten into the fray. If we are there as it starts, it gets shut down really fast.

Thanks for your comments.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
There was nothing wrong with what anyone wrote here so why did you delete it Jtee? Just something to do?

Jim's_Wife

Mar 16, 2008
I couldn't care less. Bisexuality and homosexuality is a very commonplace in all animals, including humans. All hominids have shown homosexuality, and it is just a natural occurance. If my sons or daughter turned out to be homosexual, I wouldn't be bothered by it. In fact, I couldn't care one way or the other. I label myself as bisexual.