Shaving.......

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well, you have a right to view the matter however you want, I was just sharing with you how I view it. I wouldn't argue that either of us are right or wrong. Honestly though, my DH keeps a very short kinda beard/goatee kind of facial hair situation, and he gets food in it all the time lol. And I am thinking your beard would have to be pretty stinking long, or you would have to be putting your face pretty darn close to a candle, to light facial hair on fire. Also pretty long to get in the way of things. And if you think that having a long beard gets in the way of things, you should try having long HAIR. Just saying. :p

I hear your daughter on the way it feels, too. I am much more comfortable shaved, I just feel cleaner and less itchy and everything.

Cybele I would say it's pretty safe to say that "some" men have back or chest hair they like to take care of (I know my cousin does), and that "some" men are probably so self conscious about their "look" that they actually keep a razor in the car lol. Not all, and maybe not anyone we know, but obviously they exist.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
A little bit of everyone exists in this world, that's what makes it fun, I just think presenting car shaving as a norm is a decent stretch.

But hey, as long as they aren't crashing into the back of my car while they are shaving, it's all fine and dandy.

I feel the need to add that FIL has a damn impressive gnome beard.

akmom

PF Fiend
May 22, 2012
United States
I'm pretty sure electric razors are designed for on-the-go use. You wouldn't need one anywhere there's running water and a razor will do. It is pretty common, and not much different than a woman who carries makeup around in her purse or car. Generally I don't think people actually use either when they're driving, but I know many women touch up on their makeup when they park, and men touch up on their shave later in the day.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I thought electric razors were designed for being easy, quicker, cheaper in the long run and minimising the chance of hacking yourself up (or am I the only one whose attempts at leg shaving make her look like she has red polka-dots?).

Meanwhile, never underestimate the stupidity of people driving. I once pulled up at the lights next to a guy with the newspaper over his steering wheel, a mcmuffin in one hand and his iphone in the other. Why is there never a cop car around when you need one?

yunihara

PF Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2010
Nebraska
I'll confess that my beard, at that time, was fairly long (just about past my pectorals, i usually kept it in a long braid). It swung into a candle flame and caught on fire pretty fast. I had to cut most of it off after that... lol

I think that's the most important thing here, is that people do things because they want to and not because they feel they have to.

teenage_parent

PF Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
i think it's no big deal. if they want to shave, shave... if they don't, don't... it's also right about the same age my sister started shaving. so i guess the timing is just normal.

i suggest you just let them shave if they want to... maybe educate them on other options like, this cream they apply and the hair comes off... something like that.