• You're such a twat....

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
HappyMomma said:
I have no problem with profanity in general conversation. I don't think it should be allowed to be used to call others names though.
I don't normally have a problem but if you allow it in general conversation it will be used to call others names. JMHO

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Sirk said:
The hard part comes in with who decides what's mild and what's not.
Someone could use a word that they thought was mild and have people obsess about said word instead of the main issue.

hypothetically... :eek:
pg-13 and below

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
I have no problem with swearing, although I don't do it personally. I DO have a problem with abusive name calling, such as calling someone else a t***.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Teresa said:
I have no problem with swearing, although I don't do it personally. I DO have a problem with abusive name calling, such as calling someone else a t***.
Same here.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Sirk said:
some people are VERY uninterested in fun
Actually this poster you are referring to seems like a very intelligent young lady. I think she comes here to see how parents would think. Maybe she doesn't have her own? I agreed with light profanity. I don't really swear anyway. I use fk, crap, shat, arse. I'm a gooooooooood girl.

But twat was hilarious!! I'm adding that one.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
musicmom said:
Actually this poster you are referring to seems like a very intelligent young lady.
I wasn't referring to anyone. Just a general statement.

mmynedshlp

PF Enthusiast
May 27, 2008
Sirk said:
That's ok. I voted myself twat too. :eek:

What about:
balls
nads
nuts
grapes
cojones
stones

are these ok?
hmm I would think it would depend on how it was used. I know i don't refer to anyone of those when talking to my son.

I don't use any of the feminine ones either when referencing her parts to my daughter.

we use penis or pee pee or Vagina or kuchi but just like in the potty training books it says insert the word you use there. if thats the one you use by all means. The thing is .... Is it really the word you use?
This is a parenting forum and not a sex advice forum so i really do not see the need of them coming up in conversation.
You want to have innuendo's or something take it to IM.
I do agree with using a few slang aggravating abbreviated words to put a point across on your frustrations but any other than that if were coming up in a conversation on this forum, I would think it would be way off topic and in the wrong area.