So today...

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I had a free period, instead of sitting on my arse for an hour I decided to have some lunch, so I bought a bagette from the cafe, walked onto the field to eat it. Then I felt a big gust of wind behind me, all of a sudden there was a seagull on my head and it stole my bagette :eek:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Whats a bagette??

Did it have toppings??

Was the seagull hungry??

Were you flaunting the baggett in a teasing manner toward the seagull?

Do you own the field or did the seagull have squaters rights.

there are a lot of questions left unanswered. I like to think you are on solid ground because I know and respect you. But I think it would be better if we saw the whole picture.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
bssage said:
Whats a bagette??

Did it have toppings??

Was the seagull hungry??

there are a lot of questions left unanswered. I like to think you are on solid ground because I know and respect you. But I think it would be better if we saw the whole picture.

LMAO!!!!!!

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
bssage said:
Whats a bagette??

Did it have toppings??

Was the seagull hungry??

Video would have been cool. A bagette is a "stick" of french bread you silly Iowa boy.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
IADad said:
Video would have been cool. A bagette is a "stick" of french bread you silly Iowa boy.
Ahh Haa. So the bagette looks like a large breaded worm.

Now we have you strolling around flaunting your large breaded worm.

Any more clues???

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Could the Gull been in league with the Robin Hood. Only to return the coleslaw, turkey filled breaded worm to peasants residing in the shelter of Sherwood forest????

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LMAO!! I would be soooo mad if some bird stole my sandwich. You guys are hilarious though. :D

Well... one time, when I was just little, I was at the beach with my mom and there was a playground to the side that I was swinging at, and as I sat there on my swing I was eating a stawberry fruit popsicle. I swear this seagull for real flew right up to me and snatched it like he owned the place. Definitely a WTF moment. D:

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
lol lol lol lol

we've made a couple trips to the coast since we had the girls. emmy and chloe LOve to feed the birds. one day we was down on the seawall i unthinkingly tossed out a french fry emmy had dropped. next thing i knew we was gettin swarmed by thosed danged birds. every time we've made the trip (about 3 times since we started having kids) emmy has made sure to remind us every 5 minutes to let her and chloe feed the birds. now every time chloe goes to the store, doesn't matter where, if chloe sees a bird--she talks to them and starts bugging me to let her feed them.
we plan on going back next summer (on some our taxes). hopefully things will be better down at houston/galveston and go camping for a few days. i bet the girls will be saving their food to feed the birds instead of eating it themselves. that would be just like them too.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
LOL. Last time we were at the coast, we bought fish&chips at a little place right on the beach next to the harbour, and went to sit on some rocks to eat it. So I put my packet of chips (that's french fries for you Americans, btw) next to me, and next thing I know, three gulls are fighting over it, tearing the paper to pieces to get to the contents. Needless to say, I ate fish without chips that day. Little bastards! We had a huge laugh about it, though. Good times.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
singledad said:
So I put my packet of chips (that's french fries for you Americans, btw) next to me,
LOL you former and current members of the empire...oh, well I guess that's us too, just not so recently...

So, if chips are fries and crisps are chips, and biscuits are cookies, then what are biscuits?

KWIM?

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I don't have any food snatching stories.

But growing up in LA, by the beach, and attending school where the gulls found heaven from all the food that us kids dropped has left me with a few stories about being poop'ed on. it happened at least one a week with me, I swear I was wearing a target on my head that only they could see.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
IADad said:
So, if chips are fries and crisps are chips, and biscuits are cookies, then what are biscuits?

KWIM?
Well, biscuits are cookies. Um, biscuits are biscuits... what I'm trying to say is, we use them pretty much interchangeably. But not quite. See, all biscuits are cookies, but not all cookies are biscuits. Some cookies are cakes. But not all cakes are cookies either. Confused yet?

Oh, btw. We don't use the word crisps here. We leave that for the Brits. We just call both chips. And I've never experienced a misunderstanding about it either, stangely enough.

While we're on the topic. What's so French about french fries? I've never been able to understand where that comes from. :confused:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
The chips in Iowa are not to be confused with the chips of which you speak. And the gulls will not take them away from you.

You may also think twice about the oysters in Iowa.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
LOL Jeremy! You took it too far! D: hahaha

lol. I was wondering what you call chips, if you call fries chips. But then you explained it further down the page. :p So fries are chips and chips are chips? Why not just call fries something else? lol I'm sure I would understand if I lived there. So random. But still cool.